talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

On 08/06/2019 at 22:20, Toinho said:

Seasons 1-6 epic in my opinion. 7 and 8 okay. I never read the books though. Tempted to go and read them. 

Worth doing. There's a lot of added depth to enjoy. The ending will be better but you'll need to know all the additional characters for the last two books to make sense

• Subscriber

Closer to the end of season five really. Jon dead, Bran with the 3ER, Dany and Tyrion in Meereen but not yet met up, Samwell in Oldtown, Arya in Braavos, Stannis approaching Winterfell and Tommen on the throne.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

So good, and so spot-on.

I usually like Honest Trailers but this video is yet another copy and paste of the same criticisms all of the major pop culture channels on YouTube made after the finale 3 months ago.

Their first Game of Thrones trailer is good.

• Subscriber

Just like the Premier League Team of the Season, just confirms it's done off pure hype and social media levels rather than people watching the actual television and deciding whether its worthwhile.

Then again, if most of those Emmys are for acting or production value stuff then it's probably fair enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I still have 0 interest in these prequels because of how shit that final season was. Better make 'em good HBO, if you want me to watch.

Awww, did the final season not end the way you wanted? 

The directors haven’t touched these prequels and GRRM is heavily involved in each of them, so you should be interested. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Awww, did the final season not end the way you wanted? 

They could have kept the plot the same and written things the same standard they'd written the first 4 seasons and I'd have enjoyed it. Instead it was a rushed pile of shit.

I'll wait til the fucking things are out before I assume they'll be good.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They could have kept the plot the same and written things the same standard they'd written the first 4 seasons and I'd have enjoyed it. Instead it was a rushed pile of shit.

I'll wait til the fucking things are out before I assume they'll be good.

There was no more material after season 4, so obviously anything after wouldn’t match. D&D did mostly well to carry on on their own. They gave us battle of the bastards for one. 

The final season’s biggest critics blamed the directors. Even I do for only wanting 6 episodes. They however have nothing to do with the prequels, and GRRM is heavily involved with them. 

I think even the critics should be a little excited to hear that. 

Edited by Cicero

I don't think there'll be huge hype for this until after it lands if it turns out to be good, or if the next book lands first and people get wind that it differs from the show in a positive way.

The final season took the shine off it pretty bad. So rushed that whilst still roughly coherent just didn't hit the notes of believability. It was still a decent ending but not worthy of such a perfect show.

The point they venture North to capture a Wight will be forever remembered by me as the fonzy jumped the shark moment for the show.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

It was still a decent ending but not worthy of such a perfect show.

My sentiments exactly. Enjoyed it for what it was. 

Do hope the books provide a more fulfilling ending. When ever he gets to them. This disservice to Jon still hurts. 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

My sentiments exactly. Enjoyed it for what it was. 

Do hope the books provide a more fulfilling ending. When ever he gets to them. This disservice to Jon still hurts. 

What are you hoping for with Jon? I'm fine with Arya killing NK and bran on throne and Jon in exile. But I can't take how shitty of a battle commander he was at Winterfell, the extent of his loyalty to Dany that he still needed Tyrion to convince him even after she burned Kings landing. Those aspects really made him seem like an un worthy tool.

It would be great if they reversed the order of the Winterfell and King landing Battles and or made the Light bringer prophecy about him killing Dany.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

What are you hoping for with Jon? I'm fine with Arya killing NK and bran on throne and Jon in exile. But I can't take how shitty of a battle commander he was at Winterfell, the extent of his loyalty to Dany that he still needed Tyrion to convince him even after she burned Kings landing. Those aspects really made him seem like an un worthy tool.

It would be great if they reversed the order of the Winterfell and King landing Battles and or made the Light bringer prophecy about him killing Dany.

For me, Jon was perfect until season 8. 

He's showed poor qualities as a commander with his impulsiveness and inexperience (battle of the bastards) but those qualities defined who he was. Brave and honorable, and it was ironically those qualities that led people to believe in him. That and the fact he was more like Ned than any other of his siblings. Robb was the better commander, and before season 8 ruined him, I felt Jon would be the better Ruler. Thought Vary's made a perfect sentiment regarding Jon as King. 

My preferred ending would've been focused more on the Azor Ahai prophecy, and how they could've tied that to Dany going mad (which I still thought worked well). Instead of light bringer being a sword, it would be Jon as an embodiment. Rhaegar believed that the 'song of ice and fire' would be his son. 

Edited by Cicero

Season 8 was shit because D&D gave up on the show to go on and do other shit. HBO even wanted to give them more time and money but they declined. I don't understand how people can still defend Season 8. Seriously? So many plotholes, characters becoming useless like Jon yelling at a dragon, Tyrion being useless, same with Varys and of course "BrAN tHe BrOkEn". It could have been done better in many ways, but they rushed it because they wanted to get it over with. 

I don't think I have any interest in those prequels unless it comes with thundering reviews. I'm done with this universe for the complete shit show season 8 was. 

• Upvote 1