talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby World Cup - 2023

football forum

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So close. South Africa led for 2mins of that game. Very lucky to squeak through because they were second best for large parts.

All Blacks will win it regardless. Peaking at the right time, they look like they are back in the groove. 

we won the last world cup without playing well until the final,  scrappy wins against Wales in the Quarters and France in the Semi's before beating England convincingly in the final,  a final where England were odds on favourite.   There is no peaking in the world cup,  its game to game. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

we won the last world cup without playing well until the final, 

A lot of handling errors by your springboks tonight but so did the AB the other night, looking forward to the final I hope without the handling errors and a lot more try's, I didn't want England to win tbh as all they seem to do is try and win games with penalties and drop goals, I hate that.

England played well, they made the game like the conditions, scrappy and it negated our ability to play with any momentum.  

by the second half you could start to see the south African scrum dominating and the shift was to forcing errors that lead to scrums.   England lost a lot of energy after half time and it was a question of when rather than if.

a final between the two best teams is fitting