Mainz vs Stuttgart
RB Leipzig vs Augsburg
Freiburg vs Borussia Dortmund
Wolfsburg vs Union Berlin

Bochum vs Eintracht Frankfurt, 17.30

Sunday 17th September, 2023
Heidenheim vs Werder Bremen
Darmstadt vs Borussia Monchengladbach, 16.30

Bayern scored early on, when Leverkusen left Harry Kane completely unmarked, and I thought it's going to be a  very one sided affair. But after 15 minutes, Leverkusen found their way into the game, and became braver going forward. Grimaldo equalised with a beautiful free-kick, and Leverkusen had a few more chances. Towards the end of the first half, Bayern played a lot stronger again, and Leverkusen can be glad they have Hradecky in goal. 

• Upvote 1

2-2 in the end, and Leverkusen stay on top. 😎

Apart from a boring 25 minute phase or so, this was a very interesting game! Although Harry Kane scored (even tho he was unmarked), Victor Boniface looked like a much better striker. I think he's the real deal. Physically very strong, good technique, good shooting, and he's still only 22. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Tommy said:

2-2 in the end, and Leverkusen stay on top. 😎

Apart from a boring 25 minute phase or so, this was a very interesting game! Although Harry Kane scored (even tho he was unmarked), Victor Boniface looked like a much better striker. I think he's the real deal. Physically very strong, good technique, good shooting, and he's still only 22. 

Troubled the defence a lot more but looks like he lacks composure. Rushes everything.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Guirassy is on absolute fire

Yes, to be honest, Stuttgart did well to keep him. Newcastle United and Fulham among other clubs, were really interested in him this summer, but Stuttgart kept him in the end. Guirassy has scored an incredible 8 Bundesliga goals in just 4 matches so far this season.

Edited by Michael

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, to be honest, Stuttgart did well to keep him. Newcastle United and Fulham among other clubs, were really interested in him this summer, but Stuttgart kept him in the end. Guirassy has scored an incredible 8 Bundesliga goals in just 4 matches so far this season.

378686544_850588443081561_43724878109341

First player since 1967 to score 8 goals in the first 4 games in the Bundesliga. 

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

378686544_850588443081561_43724878109341

First player since 1967 to score 8 goals in the first 4 games in the Bundesliga. 

An incredible feat ay Tommy? He's the first player to do so in our life time. Guirassy is a really good player, who has really played at a very high level over the past 2 to 3 seasons.

• Upvote 1

On 16/09/2023 at 18:01, Michael said:

Scored in the cup match against Bahlingen as well.  

4 hours ago, Coma said:

Scored in the cup match against Bahlingen as well.  

That's not much of a feat, anyone can score against them, they are like Sunday League level😄

4 hours ago, Coma said:

He'll be gone next summer.  Hopefully we get 50-60m out of him.  He just signed a permanent contract this summer after being on loan from France.  It was either Rennes or Lens, can't remember which.  Or was it Reims?

Stuttgart bought him permanently from Rennes this summer for only 9 million euros. Rennes are one of the best club sides in France, they regularly finish high in the league. Last season Rennes finished in 4th place in the French League Table. But if Stuttgart can sell him for 50-60 million next summer, as you suggest could happen, then that would be some excellent piece of business for them. Stuttgart already earnt around 50 million euros this summer from selling players like Mavropanos, Endo, Sosa and Florian Muller. Getting more than that money by selling just one player next summer, would be superb for Stuttgart from a business perspective.

Edited by Michael

2 hours ago, Michael said:

That's not much of a feat, anyone can score against them, they are like Sunday League level😄

Stuttgart bought him permanently from Rennes this summer for only 9 million euros. Rennes are one of the best club sides in France, they regularly finish high in the league. Last season Rennes finished in 4th place in the French League Table. But if Stuttgart can sell him for 50-60 million next summer, as you suggest could happen, then that would be some excellent piece of business for them. Stuttgart already earnt around 50 million euros this summer from selling players like Mavropanos, Endo, Sosa and Florian Muller. Getting more than that money by selling just one player next summer, would be superb for Stuttgart from a business perspective.

Welkl they're in the same league as Homburg, who won 3-0 against Darmstadt. You would think the experiences Bielefeld made the last 2 years back to back relegation and being on a relegation spot in the 3.Liga as well would have teached some respect and 2.Liga clubs regularly losing the play-offs against 3.Liga clubs would teach some respect towards German lower leagues, especially though as you talk about players being good because they scored double digits in the Finnish league.

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Welkl they're in the same league as Homburg, who won 3-0 against Darmstadt. You would think the experiences Bielefeld made the last 2 years back to back relegation and being on a relegation spot in the 3.Liga as well would have teached some respect and 2.Liga clubs regularly losing the play-offs against 3.Liga clubs would teach some respect towards German lower leagues, especially though as you talk about players being good because they scored double digits in the Finnish league.

Since when did I talk about players being good because they scored double digits in the Finnish league? I never remember saying that, but everything is relative. I mean I'd definitely place the Finnish League as being weaker than the Bundesliga and the 2 Bundesliga, no doubt about that. 

I don't disrespect lower tier German clubs either, but I expect top Bundesliga sides to beat them, given the top quality players that they have in their teams. Just because I say that Guirassy scoring against strong Bundesliga sides is more of an achievement than scoring against a German team in a 4th tier league, is not me being disrespectful. Fair enough, I shouldn't have put the laughing emoji, that could have been perceived as being disrespectful, it was unnecessary to do that, I get it. But I didn't intend my point to be disrespectful. 

• Subscriber

I went to Bochum v Frankfurt at the weekend. Thought Bochum edged what was a pretty fun game, lots of energy and both teams were going for it but it did lack quality. I was quite surprised at how bad Frankfurt were. I know they have lost players but it's hard to believe that's a side who won the Europa League, and beat Barcelona over two legs less than 18 months ago.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned