talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If he’s out for 6-8 weeks I don’t think we’ll be winning the league :( 

He sustained it during the Arsenal match, no? The fact he continued to play gives evidence it isn't so bad. 

James literally collapsed against Brighton back in January. His was a grade 3. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

He sustained it during the Arsenal match, no? The fact he continued to play gives evidence it isn't so bad. 

James literally collapsed against Brighton back in January. His was a grade 3. 

Oh that’s reassuring actually 

He doesn’t play the rest of the game and keep getting forward like he was, and hitting long balls if his hamstring is torn. Surely it must just be a slight injury. 

Please fucking god let it just be one game. 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

He doesn’t play the rest of the game and keep getting forward like he was, and hitting long balls if his hamstring is torn. Surely it must just be a slight injury. 

Please fucking god let it just be one game. 

Reports are that he should be back for the Man City game. So potentially misses Forest, Watford and the Benfica first leg. Trent is irreplaceable in our squad but you'd like to think whoever comes in means we can get by for those three games.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I hope there's one last mad Origi moment left this season. Maybe in Paris or at Wembley xD There's still Everton at home as well.

As the banner famously says: Football without Origi is nothing.

I also hope we get at least one more mental moment from Origi. The man's a fucking hero and he definitely deserves a good final sendoff from the fans.

Steven Gerrard on becoming a manager:

"His [Jurgen Klopp] advice to me was: 'Don't go in with the name on your back. I've seen so many ex-players who played at a decent level just automatically think that they can become a good coach or a good manager.' He said 'It's important that you go and do two years with Liverpool's youth teams away from the cameras, go and make mistakes, find out how you want to play, try formations, try tactics.' He said 'work out what team of people you need around you because you'll be good in some areas, you won't be good in others and get your team. Then you will know. You'll get the right feeling - then an opportunity will come. Then you can decide what you want to do.'" #LFC [liverpool echo]

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Manc referee (Taylor) and Manc VAR (Tierney) for the Man City match xD

Ridiculous. Is it so hard to get no-one from either city to ref the game ffs xD 

Might as well get Oasis to be in charge. 

Having said that though, I did check what games he's done - 2 Man City games, and both defeats for them (against Spurs). And did the Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool game...

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bewilders me how Anthony Taylor still manages to get the biggest matches in England. 

An incredibly damning CV of horrid, horrid decisions. 

Such as? I think it's more a crying shame that if this is the case, there's no-one better. Despite the above, when you weigh up how Taylor is as a ref, compared to the likes of Attwell, Moss, Pawson, Friend, I know who I'd rather choose. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How does Tierney make the highest profile VAR “mistake” this season in City’s favour and then get to be on VAR for what is likely the title decider?

Him being chosen is worse than Taylor in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Such as? I think it's more a crying shame that if this is the case, there's no-one better. Despite the above, when you weigh up how Taylor is as a ref, compared to the likes of Attwell, Moss, Pawson, Friend, I know who I'd rather choose. 

Top of my head:

1. Maguire tackling Azpilicueta in the penalty box and giving no penalty. 

2. Maguire kicking Batshuayi in the bollocks, no red card. 

3. Keita stomping Chalobah in the bollocks, no red card. 

4. Laughable Kovacic red card against Arsenal in the FA Cup final 2018

5. Not sending Martinez off for handling the ball outside the box against Arsenal in the FA Cup final 2018

6. Sanchez handling the ball and then scoring a goal against us in the FA Cup final 2017. 

7. Being denied a goal against United because Fred pushed Azpilicueta on McTominay. 

This is just for us.

Edit: 

8. Not sending Aguero off for genuinely assaulting David Luiz in the FA Cup semi final in 2013. 

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Top of my head:

1. Maguire tackling Azpilicueta in the penalty box and giving no penalty. 

2. Maguire kicking Batshuayi in the bollocks, no red card. 

3. Keita stomping Chalobah in the bollocks, no red card. 

4. Laughable Kovacic red card against Arsenal in the FA Cup final 2018

5. Not sending Martinez off for handling the ball outside the box against Arsenal in the FA Cup final 2018

6. Sanchez handling the ball and then scoring a goal against us in the FA Cup final 2017. 

7. Being denied a goal against United because Fred pushed Azpilicueta on McTominay. 

This is just for us.

From memory, and Google, says not all of those were Taylor...

#1 wasn't. That was Atkinson. VAR Attwell.

#3 wasn't. That was Attwell. VAR Darren England. 

#4 & 5 wasn't. Same ref won't do an FA Cup Final more than once. That was Michael Oliver. VAR Neil Swarbrick.

I definitely remember #2 being him because it so blatantly should have been a red card xD 

He may have had some blunders. But there are several refs which have had more, and regularly make a mockery of their officiating. Still don't think he should be given Sunday's game given where he (and Tierney) are based. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

From memory, and Google, says not all of those were Taylor...

#1 wasn't. That was Atkinson. VAR Attwell.

#3 wasn't. That was Attwell. VAR Darren England. 

#4 & 5 wasn't. Same ref won't do an FA Cup Final more than once. That was Michael Oliver. VAR Neil Swarbrick.

I definitely remember #2 being him because it so blatantly should have been a red card xD 

He may have had some blunders. But there are several refs which have had more, and regularly make a mockery of their officiating. Still don't think he should be given Sunday's game given where he (and Tierney) are based. 

I'll give you 1 and 3. 

You are getting your years mixed up, and Anthony Taylor both officiated the 2017 and 2020 FA Cup final. 

4 and 5 were the same game (2020)

6 was (2017)

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

I'll give you 1 and 3. 

You are getting your years mixed up, and Anthony Taylor both officiated the 2017 and 2020 FA Cup final. 

4 and 5 were the same game (2020)

6 was (2017)

Fair enough. You mentioned 2018 in your post :D. I didn't say 6 though. 

• Upvote 1

I think Tierney and Friend are the worst refs, although Moss is up there with them. Taylor's not a great ref either, mind you. And I do think he hates Chelsea the same way Tierney and Friend hate us, so I'm not surprised @Cicero(and probably other Chelsea fans) think he's a bag of shite.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Him being chosen is worse than Taylor in my opinion. 

Agreed. He's an awful pick for VAR in any match where Citeh have anything on the line, but especially in this one where it's a probable title decider.