talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

If the training ground ends up closing, which seems possible given they stopped training yesterday, then Liverpool won't be able to field anyone. The first team, under 23s and Academy all train at the same place.

Funny how it's only such an issue now Liverpool have dared to ask for a game to be postponed though.

It’s nothing to do with Liverpool, they’re just the current ones using this to get games canned. It’s also that your manager is a proper whinging dickhead and I’m fed up of him complaining about the treatment of multimillionaires being asked to play two games of football in four days, Burnley having an advantage because they don’t have as many internationals as Liverpool (I mean, he’s free to take a job in League Two, they have none), shouting about clouds and whatever nonsense he decides to come out with that particular week. 

The whole “injury crisis” that seems to have suddenly hit every club sets the cynic in me off, too. Now the precedent has been set, do we now postpone games when clubs have genuine injuries to a number of players, a bit like when Liverpool were making footballers up to play in defence last year or whenever that was? 

The irony isn’t lost on me. Whinging Jurgen is still pocketing coin every month from John Henry (as is Tuchel and Pep from their chairmen, I must add), one of the blokes behind the comical Super League and he’s the one who’s made and continues to make his name in a competition that’s going to a Swiss chess style format in two years, where Champions League group games will be increased from six to ten. Where’s the bed wetting for that, like there is with the weekly Jurgen rants? 

Managers coming to England and then going off about the Christmas schedule is beyond tiresome now. It’s been that way since people were shitting in a hole in their back garden, it’s not a shock anymore and it’s beyond boring that managers of clubs are coming here and booting off about one of the few footballing traditions we have in this country that aren’t to do with beer or lukewarm pies. People don’t tend to moan as much when they play Wednesday-Saturday, I don’t get why we can’t do similar at Christmas without the theatrics we get. 

If we can’t ask and expect footballers to play football twice in a few days a couple of times a year and can’t ask Premier League clubs, those who have incredible facilities (James Maddison’s TikTok made Leicester’s training ground look like a five star spa to mere peasants like us) and the best in the business surrounding them, to field squads based on having ridiculous amounts of professionals to their advantage, what’s the point, anyway?

Its nothing to do with Liverpool as a club but they’re the ones making the biggest fuss (at present) and it’s in the news, so they’re getting it. Just as Tuchel should have prior and whenever Pep brings up wanking himself silly about Spain allowing B teams into their league structure, it needs calling out for bullshit. 

Ultimately, I struggle to believe Liverpool cannot name 14 players. It’s not ideal, it’s not a particular good look for them and the League Cup takes a bit more of a battering than it already gets but there needs to be some common sense somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s nothing to do with Liverpool, they’re just the current ones using this to get games canned. It’s also that your manager is a proper whinging dickhead and I’m fed up of him complaining about the treatment of multimillionaires being asked to play two games of football in four days, Burnley having an advantage because they don’t have as many internationals as Liverpool (I mean, he’s free to take a job in League Two, they have none), shouting about clouds and whatever nonsense he decides to come out with that particular week. 

The whole “injury crisis” that seems to have suddenly hit every club sets the cynic in me off, too. Now the precedent has been set, do we now postpone games when clubs have genuine injuries to a number of players, a bit like when Liverpool were making footballers up to play in defence last year or whenever that was? 

The irony isn’t lost on me. Whinging Jurgen is still pocketing coin every month from John Henry (as is Tuchel and Pep from their chairmen, I must add), one of the blokes behind the comical Super League and he’s the one who’s made and continues to make his name in a competition that’s going to a Swiss chess style format in two years, where Champions League group games will be increased from six to ten. Where’s the bed wetting for that, like there is with the weekly Jurgen rants? 

Managers coming to England and then going off about the Christmas schedule is beyond tiresome now. It’s been that way since people were shitting in a hole in their back garden, it’s not a shock anymore and it’s beyond boring that managers of clubs are coming here and booting off about one of the few footballing traditions we have in this country that aren’t to do with beer or lukewarm pies. People don’t tend to moan as much when they play Wednesday-Saturday, I don’t get why we can’t do similar at Christmas without the theatrics we get. 

If we can’t ask and expect footballers to play football twice in a few days a couple of times a year and can’t ask Premier League clubs, those who have incredible facilities (James Maddison’s TikTok made Leicester’s training ground look like a five star spa to mere peasants like us) and the best in the business surrounding them, to field squads based on having ridiculous amounts of professionals to their advantage, what’s the point, anyway?

Its nothing to do with Liverpool as a club but they’re the ones making the biggest fuss (at present) and it’s in the news, so they’re getting it. Just as Tuchel should have prior and whenever Pep brings up wanking himself silly about Spain allowing B teams into their league structure, it needs calling out for bullshit. 

Ultimately, I struggle to believe Liverpool cannot name 14 players. It’s not ideal, it’s not a particular good look for them and the League Cup takes a bit more of a battering than it already gets but there needs to be some common sense somewhere. 

I must have missed your 7 paragraph posts when other teams were getting games postponed. Soz.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Any team on the planet would rather face our youth team rather than our actual team too.

I'm sure the main complaint from Arsenal fans is the fact both those two will return. 2nd leg at the Emirates means nothing considering away goals are scrapped and they probably won't make up the difference after Mane and Salah score about 3 for 4. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I'm sure the main complaint from Arsenal fans is the fact both those two will return. 2nd leg at the Emirates means nothing considering away goals are scrapped and they probably won't make up the difference after Mane and Salah score about 3 for 4. 

Salah and Mane will still be away for both legs

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The main complaint I'd have about those Arsenal fans is they're fucking stupid xD - both players would still be missing with the rescheduled matches.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Where were you when it was the Manchester clubs manipulating rules? 

You were going off a couple of weeks ago when Liverpool lost or drew a game that they were out of the title race "because they were the only team who didn't cheat to get their games called off". You can hardly cry hypocrite now that there's stories about false positives getting a game called off. None of us can prove either way about how genuine any of these outbreaks were or how much clubs may have manipulated the rules.

I'm absolutely sure it's a genuine mistake from whoever does the testing and that Liverpool have done nothing wrong themselves, just to put that on record, but it is worth saying that the probability of one false positive is very, very small, let alone several. You have to assume it was a problem with a batch of tests and how they were processed or something. Although if we're talking about the flow tests it does seem a bit suspect. Ultimately, though, if there was any risk of Liverpool getting exposed for foul play I doubt Klopp is openly talking about this in the media.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'll go away when you either admit your bias or treat other clubs with equal contempt. You literally purr over Manchester City.

Do I? Prove it.

You're a miserable repetitive bore. Hence 'can't be arsed'. 

You literally can't get your cock out of Liverpool's arse. 

3 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

You were going off a couple of weeks ago when Liverpool lost or drew a game that they were out of the title race "because they were the only team who didn't cheat to get their games called off". You can hardly cry hypocrite now that there's stories about false positives getting a game called off. None of us can prove either way about how genuine any of these outbreaks were or how much clubs may have manipulated the rules.

I'm absolutely sure it's a genuine mistake from whoever does the testing and that Liverpool have done nothing wrong themselves, just to put that on record, but it is worth saying that the probability of one false positive is very, very small, let alone several. You have to assume it was a problem with a batch of tests and how they were processed or something. Although if we're talking about the flow tests it does seem a bit suspect. Ultimately, though, if there was any risk of Liverpool getting exposed for foul play I doubt Klopp is openly talking about this in the media.

I've got no time for Liverpool football club as a club. Klopp is boring twat who moans more than he breates.

I just want some objectivity from the supposed moderator of a forum. This lad constantly goes on about Liverpool, he's never there when it's a manc club. I'm just pointing out the very obvious. Don't call yourself neutral. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do I? Prove it.

You're a miserable repetitive bore. Hence 'can't be arsed'. 

You literally can't get your cock out of Liverpool's arse. 

Bullshit. Nobody criticises Liverpool football club more than me. I've no time for them. I just dislike gimps who try to disguise their dislike of the city through football.

You literally said Liverpool have as much financial backing as Manchester City. Now either you're a moron, I'm not discounting it, or you just hate Liverpool. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but please stop this 'I'm neutral bollocks.

If people think this was deliberate, what was the benefit of Liverpool getting the Arsenal game postponed ? They've given up home advantage in the second leg. Out of the three that missed Chelsea through Covid, there's probably only Firmino that will be involved in the semi final.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bullshit. Nobody criticises Liverpool football club more than me. I've no time for them. I just dislike gimps who try to disguise their dislike of the city through football.

You literally said Liverpool have as much financial backing as Manchester City. Now either you're a moron, I'm not discounting it, or you just hate Liverpool. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but please stop this 'I'm neutral bollocks.

Where did I say that please? 

Think you should probably go on another hiatus from here. You've not changed at all... 

15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

If people think this was deliberate, what was the benefit of Liverpool getting the Arsenal game postponed ? They've given up home advantage in the second leg. Out of the three that missed Chelsea through Covid, there's probably only Firmino that will be involved in the semi final.

Of course they will. It's Liverpool. Guardiola has actually been convicted of cheating but you would never know it.