talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Didn't change a single thing either, we remained looking shite for a while

I think a lot of us were surprised at the time that he survived the Aston Villa FA Cup semi final defeat followed by the Stoke 6-1. All worked out in the end though. We probably wouldn't have got Klopp had Rodgers gone in the summer of 2015.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I think a lot of us were surprised at the time that he survived the Aston Villa FA Cup semi final defeat followed by the Stoke 6-1. All worked out in the end though. We probably wouldn't have got Klopp had Rodgers gone in the summer of 2015.

I mean I think the timing of Rodgers departure indicates to me exactly what it says in that thread: we asked Klopp during his sabbatical and he wasn't ready to come back to football yet, so we stayed patient and in contact until he was ready.

Which was obviously the right decision looking back at it.

That Stoke 6-1 match was rubbish I couldn't believe he survived. But I'm glad he did because it meant we got Klopp in.

Losing the title to City despite our gargantuan points tally & losing the CL final to Madrid are the two most hurtful things in recent memory. BUT,  fuck me, that 6-1 loss to Stoke and Burnley ending our unbeaten record at Anfield last season both hurt pretty fucking bad in their own right. I remember feeling shame that those scruffy bunch of trotters were the ones to end the run last year, made me physically sick. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm interested in the gossip... what were the lies he told at Celtic?

@Inverted you'll probably know

Just a bunch of weird shit. He's definitely got a weird megalomaniacal streak.

Like a Rangers fan getting out their car in the middle of traffic to thank him for what he's doing for the game up here.

Or his heartwearming story (told at the launch of his autobiography) of Danny McGrain (legendary fullback and backroom coach) asking Rodgers if he still had a job when he first arrived. Rodgers supposedly assured him "so long as I'm here, you're here".

The only problem is Danny McGrain has no recollection of this happening. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Losing the title to City despite our gargantuan points tally & losing the CL final to Madrid are the two most hurtful things in recent memory. BUT,  fuck me, that 6-1 loss to Stoke and Burnley ending our unbeaten record at Anfield last season both hurt pretty fucking bad in their own right. I remember feeling shame that those scruffy bunch of trotters were the ones to end the run last year, made me physically sick. 

I've quickly forgotten about most things that happened during the lockdown games to be honest. It was basically a different sport.

Going back to Rodgers, I don't think that Villa semi final gets the attention it should in terms of how bad it was because of what followed with the Stoke game. We went 1-0 up and just capitulated against a side who finished 17th in the league that season. 

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I've quickly forgotten about most things that happened during the lockdown games to be honest. It was basically a different sport.

Going back to Rodgers, I don't think that Villa semi final gets the attention it should in terms of how bad it was because of what followed with the Stoke game. We went 1-0 up and just capitulated against a side who finished 17th in the league that season. 

Yeah, I agree Mike….but fucking Burnley!!! 😂

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't know why but I didn't actually know they were doing anything like that. Pretty cool.

I'm massively in favour of developing the old grounds when you can, nothing can replace the character of old English stadia.

Is there an artist impression what it should look like when done?

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't know why but I didn't actually know they were doing anything like that. Pretty cool.

I'm massively in favour of developing the old grounds when you can, nothing can replace the character of old English stadia.

Is there an artist impression what it should look like when done?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/06/9-images-of-how-anfield-will-look-after-expansion-to-61000/

I’m not really into redeveloping old stadiums, i think they should be left as is, at least in their original shape and style. It really doesn't affect or matter to me but I prefer buildings just get routine upkeep and new amenities that a complete redev. It is the paradox of the theseus.. if it keeps getting updated is it even the same building?

56 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m not really into redeveloping old stadiums, i think they should be left as is, at least in their original shape and style. It really doesn't affect or matter to me but I prefer buildings just get routine upkeep and new amenities that a complete redev. It is the paradox of the theseus.. if it keeps getting updated is it even the same building?

It's not a complete redevelopment, it's an extra 7000 seats 9_9xD

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Last season was frustrating because he had such a bright start, then that dickhead injured him and he was out for a while, and when he came back there was a mixture of rustiness from him coupled with the fact that injuries had completely broken the squad so there was no balance - a tough situation for him to walk into.

This season he's been brilliant.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, LFCMike said:

He's brilliant. I just wish he could stay fit for longer periods. Him and Fabinho together in midfield make such a difference.

Agreed. Unfortunately hes seemingly always been made of glass, I dont remember him having an injury free season with us. 

• Upvote 1