talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't disagree with any of this. I remember there being direct comparisons with his time at Dortmund on here though and last season being proof of 'Klopp burnout'. It was a silly comparison because the two situations were completely different and Klopp has evolved as a manager since.

So you've finally come around on the Townsend and Rondon thing? :ph34r:

• Haha 4

Also in that Joyce article:

Liverpool are also considering midfield reinforcements this summer. They like Monaco’s Aurélien Tchouaméni, although they are aware the France international is attracting interest from Real Madrid. Whether they press ahead with interest depends on a number of factors, including price, but it would be a midfielder with a similar profile to the powerful Tchouaméni that they would target should he be out of reach.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if he'd have done it this time last year?

You could see how strained he was when things became more difficult, his body language and demeaner were of a man downtrodden and the moaning was next level.

But it seems like he's been revitalised and got the bit between his teeth again. He's obviously come around to the idea and had certsin assurances from the club. In all honesty, he'd be nuts to leave whilst they are at the top of the game.

Either way, good news for Liverpool and the Premier League because he is elite in his field, even if I do find him a bit of a cunt sometimes.

By bit, I mean a lot.

Edited by Lucas

57 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I wonder if he'd have done it this time last year?

You could see how strained he was when things became more difficult, his body language and demeaner were of a man downtrodden and the moaning was next level.

But it seems like he's been revitalised and got the bit between his teeth again. He's obviously come around to the idea and had certsin assurances from the club. In all honesty, he'd be nuts to leave whilst they are at the top of the game.

Either way, good news for Liverpool and the Premier League because he is elite in his field, even if I do find him a bit of a cunt sometimes.

By bit, I mean a lot.

I think that was mainly to do with what was going on in his personal life at the time.

Yeah didn't his mum die right when it looked like the wheels came off our season?

And then Alisson's dad died shortly after his mum died. Probably not the best mood around at training back then. COVID, injury crisis, historically shit form, parents dying... can't really blame someone for feeling downtrodden considering the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah didn't his mum die right when it looked like the wheels came off our season?

And then Alisson's dad died shortly after his mum died. Probably not the best mood around at training back then. COVID, injury crisis, historically shit form, parents dying... can't really blame someone for feeling downtrodden considering the circumstances.

Yeah and he was unable to go back to Germany for the funeral

• Sad 1

Great news about Klopp extending. I'm loving this era to bits and don't want it to end.

Klopp burnout last year... My theory was that Klopp is a more emotional and passion driven manager than say Pep, and he and his team are fuelled more by the noise and excitement in the stadium than City, among others. City are technicians. So the technicians kept executing their style perfectly in empty stadiums, but Klopps team, among others of similar style, performed below average relative to their potential through the pandemic, because they didn't have the crowd energy there to feed off

Allison, Robertson, VVD, Matip, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Mane and Salah will all be around 34 years old when his deal ends (Robertson and Fabinho 32). That will be him most likely getting the very last drops out of the core of this side until 2026. And then you have Konate, Trent, Gomez, Jones, Keita, Elliot, Diaz and Jota all with about 8-5 years at the top level still left in them, and then there will of course be younger signings along the way to freshen that midfield and elsewhere up as times goes on.

Liverpool will be dominant for another 4 years yet and even after that they'll probably be in a really good condition if he does leave then as opposed to the condition United were left in.

Things look good for Liverpool.