talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 8 - 7-8th October, 2023

football forum

Wasn't a great game and maybe a draw would've been fair but stealing it late on is always lovely.

As for Man City's DMs just being allowed to be scumbags and get away with it, that's something that needs to be highlighted more. Fans that watch the games can see it but you barely see it get mentioned by anyone in the media.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Wasn't a great game and maybe a draw would've been fair but stealing it late on is always lovely.

As for Man City's DMs just being allowed to be scumbags and get away with it, that's something that needs to be highlighted more. Fans that watch the games can see it but you barely see it get mentioned by anyone in the media.

Rodri gets away with a shit load. I don't know why refs can be so soft against him when after 3 or 4 fouls he could easily be done for persistent fouling.

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Yeah my post about Rodri and Fernandinho was half joke but close to the actual ratio.

I still can’t believe that Van Dijk played a fairly lackadaisical pass centrally into a pressing trap when he had just received the ball from Allison who was playing at right centre back xD It’s such an incredibly bad goal to concede

• Subscriber
On 08/10/2023 at 17:27, The Palace Fan said:

Anyone get the impression that Oliver may have been encouraged to keep 22 on the pitch to avoid controversy? 

We know that was always Webb's approach to high profile games.

Essentially now admitted as such. If they want to keep 22 players on the pitch, maybe don't commit red card offences.

Officiating is just long beyond a joke in this country at this point.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Dan said:

Essentially now admitted as such. If they want to keep 22 players on the pitch, maybe don't commit red card offences.

Officiating is just long beyond a joke in this country at this point.

Precisely this.

If it's as obvious as Kovacic's offence, there should be no question at all, and that overrides the 'keep 22 players' motive. They're literally identical challenges, one gets a yellow and the other doesn't.

It's like when players say 'oh ref, it was my first foul!'. Yeah but you nearly broke the guy's leg. It's no excuse. 

I didn't like the way Webb compared the Kovacic challenge to Gusto's, either. No wonder there's inconsistencies. Both are reds because they both endanger an opponent. Kovacic's studs are literally on the back of Odegaard's (?) shin/achilles. If that isn't endangering an opponent I don't know what is. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Stan said:

Precisely this.

If it's as obvious as Kovacic's offence, there should be no question at all, and that overrides the 'keep 22 players' motive. They're literally identical challenges, one gets a yellow and the other doesn't.

It's like when players say 'oh ref, it was my first foul!'. Yeah but you nearly broke the guy's leg. It's no excuse. 

I didn't like the way Webb compared the Kovacic challenge to Gusto's, either. No wonder there's inconsistencies. Both are reds because they both endanger an opponent. Kovacic's studs are literally on the back of Odegaard's (?) shin/achilles. If that isn't endangering an opponent I don't know what is. 

The first I think you can argue the toss, agreed with the general sentiment of 'orange card', but for him to commit a blatant bookable offence after that and not walk. I think with split second things you can forgive errors from officials but things like that where they've actually seen it and chosen not to apply the laws is indefensible, it's incompetence at absolute best. Just utter crap.

• The topic was unpinned