talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 8 - 7-8th October, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Dyche brings that extra grit and Goodison is one of the hardest grounds to be an away team at when Everton are on tune.    Home form will probably be what keeps you safely up.  i don't think you will be holding on this season, I think maybe you could even push to win the bottom half table.  i think an 11th place would be a stellar season.

Not sure about the home form comment. We've already wasted 3 of the 8 most winnable home games without a single point off Fulham, Wolves and Luton. To be on single figures after having those three and Bournemouth at home and Sheffield United away in our first 8 games is a rancid effort overall.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Anyone get the impression that Oliver may have been encouraged to keep 22 on the pitch to avoid controversy? 

We know that was always Webb's approach to high profile games.

I get the impression that the direct debit from City’s account to the PL went through fine again this week. 

42 minutes ago, Rick said:

Kovacic gets away with something Jones got sent off for last weekend. In fact, his was worse and he made no contact with the ball at all. Hateful these referees I swear. 

Because the ref didn't go to the monitor and see a still image of it

Complete change of conversation but Crystal Palace did a nice tribute this weekend for the poor girl who lost her life in a senseless knife attack getting off the bus in Croydon Town Centre.

I have wanted to go on a rant about how I wish London had a mayor who actually cared about reducing crime after seeing how much this incident really affected the people of Croydon. But this isn't the place, and I'm proud to see that my club still has a close connection to the community it represents. We may never win anything in my lifetime but if Crystal Palace keep that connection along with its core values when it comes to developing local players with a manager that gets 'it' I'll be happy.

FB_IMG_1696783141375.thumb.jpg.1217fa75a4f09cbd51c4e041ab950236.jpg

FB_IMG_1696783110446.thumb.jpg.297d824843962b4b78ce7e64feafbf19.jpg

FB_IMG_1696783117333.thumb.jpg.ed908f347949fff6d0f19648cb2485d6.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Complete change of conversation but Crystal Palace did a nice tribute this weekend for the poor girl who lost her life in a senseless knife attack getting off the bus in Croydon Town Centre.

I have wanted to go on a rant about how I wish London had a mayor who actually cared about reducing crime after seeing how much this incident really affected the people of Croydon. But this isn't the place, and I'm proud to see that my club still has a close connection to the community it represents. We may never win anything in my lifetime but if Crystal Palace keep that connection along with its core values when it comes to developing local players with a manager that gets 'it' I'll be happy.

FB_IMG_1696783141375.thumb.jpg.1217fa75a4f09cbd51c4e041ab950236.jpg

FB_IMG_1696783110446.thumb.jpg.297d824843962b4b78ce7e64feafbf19.jpg

FB_IMG_1696783117333.thumb.jpg.ed908f347949fff6d0f19648cb2485d6.jpg

Tragic,  but fair play to Palace.  What I also think it will do or help with is make official look into it as football is good at engaging community concerns.    

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Rick said:

Kovacic gets away with something Jones got sent off for last weekend. In fact, his was worse and he made no contact with the ball at all. Hateful these referees I swear. 

Inconsistencies all over the shop. 

1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

3 draws. Everyone as they were.

Watkins header hit the post in the last moments of 13-14 mins of 2nd half stoppage time.

Similar performance from them as Vs Man City last week. Dawson everywhere he was needed.

I think your boys, our boys and Brighton are very similar in quality and weaknesses,  certainly all three clubs are capable of making a run for top 5. 

37 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Not sure about the home form comment. We've already wasted 3 of the 8 most winnable home games without a single point off Fulham, Wolves and Luton. To be on single figures after having those three and Bournemouth at home and Sheffield United away in our first 8 games is a rancid effort overall.

Your home form has been patchy,  but when you get into that run of form,  Goodison is a hard place to play,  conversely it can be a detriment to Everton if they are playing badly and the fans turn on them.    I think Dyche will do enough to get you out of that survival struggle. 

• The topic was unpinned