talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 11 - 4-6th November, 2023

football forum

Anyway the Danny Derby is on today, Brentford v West Ham.

Flekken; Ajer, Collins, Pinnock, Janelt; Jensen, Norgaard, Onyeka; Mbeumo, Maupay, Wissa.

Areola; Coufal, Mavropanos, Aguerd, Emerson; Ward-Prowse, Soucek; Bowen, Kudus, Benrahma; Antonio.

Two pretty strong teams but West Ham have the advantage in that they actually have a bench. Hopefully we can take advantage of their legs a bit after their midweek game against Arsenal. Thomas Frank normally gets the better of David Moyes but who knows how this will play out, especially with a player like Kudus in the team.

My fear is that West Ham will do us on the counter, I think we're going to play a fairly high line and Nathan Collins will step up a lot to retain possession, with no Rico Henry we're vulnerable. Fortunately though Ajer is in the team who has pace to burn, but not as much as Rico.

• Subscriber

Would have gone up to 12th without that equaliser but that's the risk you run when your game plan is to nick the first goal and then give up 80% possession.

Still picking up points now at a rate that's going to make Bournemouth, Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United irrelevant to our season barring a stonker of a points penalty.

Overall a good game of football.

Maupay, Wissa and Mbeumo played well together but they were also a bit off the boil in terms of passing accuracy. They did progressively get better though.

Great to see Neal get his first goal back and his first goal in a long time. That’s 2 assists and 1 goal in 3 games now. He looks so far removed from the player that struggled at Everton, it just goes to show what good man management can do.

Norgaard goes unnoticed so much but he is just a rock in that midfield, constantly breaking up play and creating counter attacks, retaining possession high up the pitch. Unsung hero.

Janelt deserves a lot of praise too. Stick him at centre mid, defensive mid, centre back or left back and he will do a job. Just so so good today, especially in the second half. Ajer performed well too and of course Ethan Pinnock did.

I’m going to say it again, Nathan Collins is brilliant. He is exactly the type of centre back United need right now, he could quite easily end up at Liverpool, Arsenal or City too in the coming years. Such a gem of a player, aerially so dominant, very good in the tackle, reads the game well, brave on the ball, always looking to play an incisive pass. And in fairness that is something Thomas Frank instills in our centre backs, its very Brentford, outside of City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Brighton I don’t think there is a club that encourages their centre backs to play out so aggressively in the way we do. License to rose forward, dribble past a man, play 1-2s, look for balls outwide, look to cut a midfield or defence open and of course today, freedom to go and grab a goal.

We are strong at centre back, Pinnock and Mee are great and even with Mee you have seen how advanced his game has become on the ball since joining us, something Burnley never asked him to do. But Collins is just so classy in everything he does, a proper all rounder and hes only going to get better. For me there is an £80m defender there, and some clubs, i.e. United, Chelsea and even Liverpool need what he can offer. I think he’s gone within 2 years, just so so good.

I’ll likely be making the same post after our next game, really has been a quality signing.

On a sidenote, how the fuck has David Moyes got hold of Kudus? Outrageous footballer.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

You say that, but you didn't when 3 arsenal players wanted burn booked and got no cards

And you've not said anything about any of the things Guimaraes should have got booked for... 

3 things worthy of a yellow at the very least. And a red for an elbow to Jorginho off the ball. 

• The topic was unpinned