talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 11 - 4-6th November, 2023

football forum

1 minute ago, Stan said:

And you've not said anything about any of the things Guimaraes should have got booked for... 

3 things worthy of a yellow at the very least. And a red for an elbow to Jorginho off the ball. 

tlcimg-a28eb549-7217-4d71-9130-0709d9c5c2e8.jpeg

If that was a red card, then nothing else would have happened, that is reckless and our players are pissed off with the lack of any protection from the ref.   Stuart Atwell not doing his job has led to a situation where everything is going arsenals way.   

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If that was a red card, then nothing else would have happened,

But it wasn't given. Guimaraes still did what he did. There's no excuse for elbowing someone in the head from behind. 

Your statement is bollocks and you know it. 

How can you say everything is going Arsenal's way when Guimaraes avoided several yellows and a red xD

Bizarre. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

led to a situation where everything is going arsenals way.   

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

It was probably out and a foul but with everything that has gone on in this game Ill take it

Everything going Arsenal's way apparently. 

Don't act like you deserve anything like that to even it out xD

• Subscriber

The Havertz challenge looked silly but he barely catches him in the end. Anyone who thinks that should be a red needs to behave themselves.

Not surprised Saudi Arabia won with a controversial goal and should have had players sent off.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The Havertz challenge looked silly but he barely catches him in the end. Anyone who thinks that should be a red needs to behave themselves.

Not surprised Saudi Arabia won with a controversial goal and should have had players sent off.

VAR deemed the challenge reckless,  so lets examine recklessness

Recklessness is different–and more serious–than mere negligence. Recklessness refers to a situation where a person knowingly does something dangerous or willfully disregards the safety of other people or property. It may also be called gross negligence or willful or wanton behavior.

A person does not necessarily need to intend harm by their reckless behavior in order for it to be classified as reckless. But recklessness is much closer to intentional misconduct than negligence would be. Typically, for someone to be reckless, they must show a conscious disregard for others or utter indifference towards the safety of others.

In the situation and area where there is no risk,  Kai Havertz intended to go in on Longstaff,  the mere fact it wasn't a serious injury should not justify that as we have seen lesser tackles get straight reds. 

• Administrator

Someone still can't bring themselves to even talk about Guimaraes and the red card he should have had xD

More recklessness in two of Guimaraes offences than what Havertz did... 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

VAR deemed the challenge reckless,  so lets examine recklessness

In the situation and area where there is no risk,  Kai Havertz intended to go in on Longstaff,  the mere fact it wasn't a serious injury should not justify that as we have seen lesser tackles get straight reds. 

I didn't know that people still got arsed enough about winning Internet arguments that don't impact the result in any way to trawl through rulebooks or quote the Oxford English dictionary or wherever this is from. 

I didn't think it was a red card at the time and although I didn't see the Bruno elbows because I switched over to the F1 I've heard a lot more about that one on social media since.

• Subscriber

The more I see refs use VAR in this league, the more I am convinced they don't know what they are doing. Which then begs the question of how they get some decisions right which are way more complex than the one today. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The more I see refs use VAR in this league, the more I am convinced they don't know what they are doing. Which then begs the question of how they get some decisions right which are way more complex than the one today. 

I've been a massive proponent of VAR as has been well documented on here. But I feel like PL/PGMOL are constantly just making it difficult for themselves and have blurred the lines so much that all consistency and common sense goes out the window. They've made a rod for their own backs as each week goes by. 

I'd rather it be binned off until there's assurances that it won't be used in the way it has been, and ironically enough that's taking away the decision from the labelled var officials, for example bringing in semi-automated offside technology. 

VAR was meant to clean up the errors. PGMOL have stitched themselves up so much that the officials now don't know wrong from right so then just end up having to make a split decision on the spot which shouldn't be the way. With how long VAR has been in place, you'd have expected it to be a polished process by now. It's even worse than when it first came in. 

• Upvote 1

The PGMOL need to release the VAR audio for this whole game.

I can see it maybe being released for the goal as they set the precedent for it after the Tottenham/Liverpool game but I'd like to hear the audio for the Guimaraes decision as well.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Should've won this. No idea how that goal was allowed or how some of the Newcastle players stayed on the pitch. Dreadful refereeing performance. That Saudi money being spent well.

Should you? You created absolutely nothing.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

I've been a massive proponent of VAR as has been well documented on here. But I feel like PL/PGMOL are constantly just making it difficult for themselves and have blurred the lines so much that all consistency and common sense goes out the window. They've made a rod for their own backs as each week goes by. 

I'd rather it be binned off until there's assurances that it won't be used in the way it has been, and ironically enough that's taking away the decision from the labelled var officials, for example bringing in semi-automated offside technology. 

VAR was meant to clean up the errors. PGMOL have stitched themselves up so much that the officials now don't know wrong from right so then just end up having to make a split decision on the spot which shouldn't be the way. With how long VAR has been in place, you'd have expected it to be a polished process by now. It's even worse than when it first came in. 

England is the only country in the world that hasn't used this tech right. With the advent of auto-offside on the horizon now and the way that is getting better every day we have to just thank our stars that atleast they'll have one less thing to fuck up. Having said all that I stand by my comment from a while ago, ditch PGMOL referees and get an independent body to start doing VAR reviews across the globe. FIFA is being silly here as they are sitting on a gold mine that could be exploited any way they choose to. 

it was one of those ugly but good games, on heart and endeavour I think we deserved it, to hold them to one shit on goal in 98 minutes + is resilience.   Schar and Lascelles were walls and the match stats on Joelinton, he was everywhere, the ocean covers 78% of the earth, the other 22% is covered by Joelinton.

• The topic was unpinned