talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(EL) Group E - Matchday 4 - Thursday 9th November, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

Toulouse just want it more. They hurry, they run for everything and they have literally played the same kind of football we used to play a few seasons ago against us. Will they sustain this? Probably not but the damage is already done. 

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Our defence is the absolute worst for a top 5 English club. Gomez, Matip…neither of them cannot be starting games for us if we want to be seriously challenging for things. 

Neither of them are first choices though? 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Didn’t say they were. They both started tonight, no? 

Er yeah they did but so did three others in the back five that wouldn't be first choices. I'd argue either are fine as squad players filling in alongside other first choices

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

I thought it had to be the goalscorer that handballed for a goal to be disallowed? Going back that far in the move is farcical 

It was the build up. Had the ball stopped with Mac then the cross doesn't happen. They did this at the world cup too if I am not wrong. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Er yeah they did but so did three others in the back five that wouldn't be first choices. I'd argue either are fine as squad players filling in alongside other first choices

We’ll have to just agree to disagree. I think both, especially Gomez, are way off the quality needed for any game we play. 

That goal being disallowed was weird. It happens well before the goal goes in. Doesn’t effect anything, so I’m puzzled at why it was given as handball. Talk about completely re-refereeing the game. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

We’ll have to just agree to disagree. I think both, especially Gomez, are way off the quality needed for any game we play. 

That goal being disallowed was weird. It happens well before the goal goes in. Doesn’t effect anything, so I’m puzzled at why it was given as handball. Talk about completely re-refereeing the game. 

I think it's just another example of you going to the extreme. You don't think either are good enough alongside Van Dijk and other first choices against a bottom half side at home? I mean, both started in a 3-0 win against the side 5th in the league for a start.

Completely agree re the disallowed goal.

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I stand corrected. I'd love to hear the explanation of why it was called a handball now.

Even more bizarre was that the check seemed to be over and the ref looked like he awarded the goal. Then a few seconds later he's going over to the screen

• The topic was unpinned