talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 14 - 2-3rd December, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

The bottom half of this league is full of dross. It's funny to think that if we'd started the season on -10 points we'd have been written off as guaranteed to go down already. To be well on track to work our way out of the bottom three by Christmas is quite hysterical and yet another huge blot on the offerings from the second tier this season.

14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The bottom half of this league is full of dross. It's funny to think that if we'd started the season on -10 points we'd have been written off as guaranteed to go down already. To be well on track to work our way out of the bottom three by Christmas is quite hysterical and yet another huge blot on the offerings from the second tier this season.

I think it’s also the case that you’re a lot better than you were last season and the season before.

Dyche has made you difficult to play against and has done to Doucoure what Moyes done to Fellaini.

I think as we progress into the new year yourselves, Wolves and Bournemouth will push up towards mid table.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think it’s also the case that you’re a lot better than you were last season and the season before.

Dyche has made you difficult to play against and has done to Doucoure what Moyes done to Fellaini.

I think as we progress into the new year yourselves, Wolves and Bournemouth will push up towards mid table.

Yeah Dyche has definitely found something that works. Again, I think if the -10 had been implemented before the season started and we'd already made it to +7 points then he'd be getting a lot more in the way of plaudits.

Even if we don't get any of the points back on appeal I'd be looking for us to target Forest and Bournemouth by the end of the season and not just settling to survive.

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah Dyche has definitely found something that works. Again, I think if the -10 had been implemented before the season started and we'd already made it to +7 points then he'd be getting a lot more in the way of plaudits.

Even if we don't get any of the points back on appeal I'd be looking for us to target Forest and Bournemouth by the end of the season and not just settling to survive.

Honestly after that game where you should have put 3 past Fulham, I thought you’d be fine. Without the ban you’d be 2 points behind us and Frank is getting a lot of plaudits this season. Granted we have a massive injury list and we could be higher this season, you’d still be floating with us, West Ham and Brighton who are all doing well.

I’ve always rated Dyche and I’m glad he’s getting a chance at a club where he will get greater recognition, it’s just a shame he doesn’t have the money to spend that your previous managers did.

1-1 at HT. There for the taking. Only a VAR offside stopped Villa from leading. While Solanke has been close a few times.

Interestingly Cash & Diaby on the bench. Kamara is suspended for this 1. Neither Ramsey or Moreno starting, after doing so in Europe. So that is 3 certainties & a possible 5 there, who could start vs Man City on Wednesday. Also, very likely Diaby & Ramsey appear in the 2nd half today.

• The topic was unpinned