The better place to talk football.

Fabio Carvalho Joins Hull City

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

If the other Championship fans think they hate us now they're going to be in for a whole world of pain this month. I think we're likely to get another 2/3 in.

I'm sure you're right, but not sure why you'd be hated. Leicester were always going to be the big hitters after that surprise relegation and it's to be expected that you're where you are in the league. 

48 minutes ago, Dan said:

If the other Championship fans think they hate us now they're going to be in for a whole world of pain this month. I think we're likely to get another 2/3 in.

You might aswell save the money for next season. There could be a lot of jockeying between the ten bottom clubs next season.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I'm sure you're right, but not sure why you'd be hated. Leicester were always going to be the big hitters after that surprise relegation and it's to be expected that you're where you are in the league. 

Fans in this league have a bit of a chip on their shoulder I've found.

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

You might aswell save the money for next season. There could be a lot of jockeying between the ten bottom clubs next season.

If it was up to me this month I'd be taking 2/3 punts on prospects from abroad in the mould of Fatawu - fairly low risk but high upside players, as we're in a great position to actually integrate them without any real risk this season. We're linked with a midfielder from Bodo called Albert Gronbaek - exactly the type I mean, it'd be easier to incorporate someone from the Norwegian league in the next six months than when we're up.

We will need to bring in a couple of difference makers upon promotion though. Striker is going to be a quite big priority.

Veey good player when in this league with Fulham.

Would rather he go to a virtually promoted Leicester than someone like Southampton who will be an obvious threat to us for that 2nd automatic spot.

On 31/12/2023 at 12:01, Stan said:

Yes please. I'd be up for this signing, especially if it could lead to a permanent. Not sure what Liverpool's plans for him are. 

I think it could be permanent if it goes well, tbh. Rumours about Klopp not really liking his attitude all that much - which is a shame because he's clearly got a lot of talent and potential waiting to be tapped. If that's true then I assume other rumours from the same sources are also true regarding him, which includes that the club wanted him to go on loan to the championship again and he said "I'm too good for the championship, I should be at a top flight club" then ended up going to Red Bull Leipzig... where he's got about as much competition as he does for a starting role as he does at Liverpool.

I've got no clue if that's true because honestly a lot of the "behind the scenes" rumours at most football clubs are absolute bollocks. But if it is, I imagine the club would be pretty annoyed with him for thinking he's too big for the championship and spending several months not playing football, therefore not really developing.

So I could see it a case of the club now thinking "we'll send you wherever we think you'll do well to where we can get back the most amount of money we can for you." But I hope it's not true because I think he's got a lot of talent and he could go on to be a very good player.

• The title was changed to Fabio Carvalho- Wanted by Wolves, Leicester and Southampton
  • The title was changed to Fabio Carvalho - Joining Hull City
2 hours ago, Rick said:

At least he’ll play pretty much every game. 

Seems to be we were looking to move him on to whoever could guarantee him the most time on the pitch if he's healthy. So that'll do nicely for me.

I'm happy with that. I know we showed interest but I didnt see him coming to us as I don't think he'd start all the time. My fear was he went to Saints or Ipswich.

I can handle Hull, they'll need more than just him to be a threat but he will start every game there. Shows they can flex their muscles financially a bit too.

• The title was changed to Fabio Carvalho Joins Hull City