talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2023/24 - Third Round Matches

football forum

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well Bryan Gil has just come on for Lo Celso, not sure if that will make much of a difference for Spurs, but we shall see.

It hasn't so far! Quite tame and Spurs not giving Richarlison enough of the ball or creating enough in the 2nd half. 

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Danny what was the Gomes red for? 

A studs up stamp down on Norgaards ankle. It sort of starts at the bery bottom of his shin and ends towards the ankle, but I think because of his studs aiming up as he goes in, hes been given a red. I think its a orange card as Gary Neville would say.

Wolves were annoyed we didn’t get a red card which I also think is an orange card, but less of a red than Gomes’ as its much more focused on just stepping down onto their players foot/ankle.

27 minutes ago, Michael said:

You guys should have won this match with Wolves having a man sent off so early on. I still hope Brentford are the team to go through in this tie though.

Yeah I didn’t have high hopes for winning it, both Damsgaard and Dasilva making their first starts in a while, Lewis-Potter at left wing back, Dasilva playing up front with Maupay. And then Norgaard gets injured and so we lose his creativity too.

The team is just very disjointed at the moment, I think we’ve played 7 different players at wing-back now this season and played about 5 different centre back partnerships and 6 or so different strike partnerships.

We just keep having players return from injury and then instantly have players get injured. If you look at Wolves they’ve been able to play the same 8 or 9 players every match this season so even going down to ten men they still have cohesion and know how they are going to play.

I was just happy to see Damsgaard and Dasilva return as it’s desperately needed. We could do with more back and definitely do with Norgaard not being out for long. I’d be happy to exit the Cup and just get the run outs, but now we are another man down and have a replay to contend with.

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah I didn’t have high hopes for winning it, both Damsgaard and Dasilva making their first starts in a while, Lewis-Potter at left wing back, Dasilva playing up front with Maupay. And then Norgaard gets injured and so we lose his creativity too.

The team is just very disjointed at the moment, I think we’ve played 7 different players at wing-back now this season and played about 5 different centre back partnerships and 6 or so different strike partnerships.

We just keep having players return from injury and then instantly have players get injured. If you look at Wolves they’ve been able to play the same 8 or 9 players every match this season so even going down to ten men they still have cohesion and know how they are going to play.

I was just happy to see Damsgaard and Dasilva return as it’s desperately needed. We could do with more back and definitely do with Norgaard not being out for long. I’d be happy to exit the Cup and just get the run outs, but now we are another man down and have a replay to contend with.

Yeah, Brentford have had terrible luck with injuries this season. But looking on the bright side, it's given many of the younger Brentford players more playing time and some valuable Premier League match experience. Norgaard is indeed an important player for you, but if Damsgaard can return to the great form he showed a couple of years ago, he could be an excellent boost to your team. Your club is a very well run club and I think that if Brentford continue to be managed well, they have a bright future in the Premier League.

Middlesbrough vs Villa has an unstoppable force meets an immovable object vibe to it. Middlesbrough apparently with a bad record against higher division opponents. Villa, just a bad record, for many years.

Further to that, Middlesbrough perhaps have both eyes on League Cup semi final with Chelsea. While Villa have the Conference League.

• Administrator

Much changed from us as expected. Dewsbury-Hall, Fatawu, Mavididi, Winks, Vestergaard, Faes all on the bench. 

Good to see Nelson get his first start alongside Coady. Casadei, Choudhury, Yunus in midfield. Albrighton and Maswanhise either side of Cannon. 

• Administrator

Casadei and Pereira with goals for us so far. 2nd goal was a lovely move albeit against the run of play. 

Also have the Sunderland game on. Feisty as expected. Good job there's no VAR. Would have changed a few decisions I think. 

• Administrator

Cannon makes it 3-1 after Watmore scored for Millwall. 

Really impressed with Cannon. Has been patient after injury and slotted right in, getting some decent goals too. 

• Administrator

Clear penalty for Newcastle. Bad day for Ballard but he wasn't helped out by O'Nien there. 

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Watching the Sunderland vs. Newcastle game, am I the only one a little surprised that they allowed both home kits to be used?

Just thought there'd be a little bit if a clash on the pitch.

Nope thought the same. Too much of a clash for me. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Danny said:

They play in home kits everytime I think. But it does look confusing.

It does but sometimes there's more of a difference. 

• Administrator

Watford losing at home to Chesterfield. 

Bournemouth have come back against QPR to lead 3-2.

Brighton also leading 3-2 at Stoke. 

Fantastic. Already 1-0 and we have a pen saved after 4 minutes.

Might as well stop watching now.

EDIT: Another pen to us. It's only been 7 minutes. Robinson took the second one after Wintle had his saved and it has been saved again!!!

Fuck me, so that's 1 goal conceded and 2 missed pens in 8 minutes. We are absolutely shit!!! xDxDxDxD

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Haha 1

• Administrator

Extremely cagey between Boro and Villa. For some reason Villa are intent in constantly slowing the game down at any opportunity. 

40 minutes and we're 3-0 down.

Got to question our formation and line up really. Why are we playing the likes of Rinohmota and Sawyers when we're trying to get rid of them?

Why have we not tried to play some of the youth players in a game like this?

The only minor plus side is that despite the scoreline, we haven't been outplayed and have had chances of our own.

Ah well. The FA Cup is shit anyway. :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Extremely cagey between Boro and Villa. For some reason Villa are intent in constantly slowing the game down at any opportunity. 

Yes, I think it's part of how they generally are not adapting too well the more sides set up defensively. Emery Villa do have a ball control & play out from the back style. Which has caused as much panic as the high line. But the 2 DMs & trying to be frustrating was ok, when Villa were rightly considered 2nd favourites to most others in most Premier League games. And most sides were looking for 3 points at Villa Park. Now? They seem devoid of ideas of how to break down defence minded opponents. And as Dion Dublin said on commentary, a slow goalkeeper just makes it even more difficult. Villa need to be playing on fast forward, not using the pause button.

Wednesday playing better of late. But two penalty saves and an own goal make for a crazy half.  Would rather had won the league game just before Christmas.  Any idea of the attendance ?

Edited by Redcanuck

7 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Wednesday playing better of late. But two penalty saves and an own goal make for a crazy half.  Would rather had won the league game just before Christmas.  Any idea of the attendance ?

Doesn't look that full from what I'm seeing.

• The topic was unpinned