talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 25 - 17-21st February, 2024

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

They'll all be fit for the final. Let's be real. 

Alisson, Jones, and Jota (who was our most in form player at the moment) all won't be fit for the final. I think Nunez and Salah are being rested ahead of the final and they'll probably be fit - but other than them out of our recent injuries, I don't think most of them will make it. Certainly not Trent and I doubt Szobo will either.

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Properly ravaged. Luton might have a chance...?

Luton are weirdly not absolute dogshit like the other 2 promoted teams, so I think they've always got a chance against anybody. They've already played better against us than most other opponents we've faced in the league too. But certainly against a side weakened by injury that's got another eye on an upcoming final will they have a chance.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Luton are weirdly not absolute dogshit like the other 2 promoted teams, so I think they've always got a chance against anybody. They've already played better against us than most other opponents we've faced in the league too. But certainly against a side weakened by injury that's got another eye on an upcoming final will they have a chance.

Yeah I hope they stay up. They're actually decent to watch despite not having the outcomes or results they may have wanted. 

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah I hope they stay up. They're actually decent to watch despite not having the outcomes or results they may have wanted. 

I don't know what the odds of Brentford going down are, but I hope they go down with the 2 utterly shite sides that were promoted.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know what the odds of Brentford going down are, but I hope they go down with the 2 utterly shite sides that were promoted.

Considering Everton and Forest are seemingly worse, I'd say odds are quite high. 

Burnley and Sheff Utd have no right in staying up. 

Annoying as we started really well. Responded well to going behind as well. Might be me being overly harsh on Kelleher but moments like that could cost us, the amount of times he tries to save it with his legs

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Someone upset over injuries I take it xD

A loyal Iranian would never wish such a thing on Samman Ghoddos either…:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, Danny said:

Someone upset over injuries I take it xD

A loyal Iranian would never wish such a thing on Samman Ghoddos either…:ph34r:

Injuring 4 of our players and then not even taking a point from City, unforgiveable.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Injuring 4 of our players and then not even taking a point from City, unforgiveable.

Nunez injured himself? Who was it outside of Jota and Jones? Both challenges were pretty innocuous tbf

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Annoying as we started really well. Responded well to going behind as well. Might be me being overly harsh on Kelleher but moments like that could cost us, the amount of times he tries to save it with his legs

It might be overly harsh, because I think he's quite good for a keeper of his age and limited experience... but yeah, it definitely is moments that would cost us - the dropoff between our world class keeper and our promising young keeper is massive.

But it might be overly harsh because I think you take any other keeper in the league and put them in place of Alisson and they'll likely let us down as much, if not moreso, than Kelleher.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There's absolutely no chance Brentford or Palace go down when you pile the points deductions on Forest and Everton. I don't know how our second breach will be viewed and whether some common sense might prevail over us already being punished for 3/4 of the time period in question but word is Forest have breached by more than we did the first time around so they should be in for more than 10 points (or whatever they end up settling on for our first breach post-appeal).

I don't get the sudden hate for Brentford either. No offence but it's fine for fans of the rich teams sat in their ivory tower complaining about how other teams play against them when they've got individual players who cost more than the opposition's entire team. You can't just expect to face a league of Bournemouths who'll bend over and let you take them 5-0 and then pat them on the head for "giving it a go".

Anyway, be great if Liverpool could stop being cunts and letting Luton win here. Throwing the title here just to get Everton relegated. Who's obsessed with who again? 9_9:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Just now, Danny said:

Nunez injured himself? Who was it outside of Jota and Jones? Both challenges were pretty innocuous tbf

Salah too I think. And yeah the challenges weren't bad, but playing at your ground is bad bad bad luck for us injury wise... so it's safer from our perspective if you get relegated xD

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I don't get the sudden hate for Brentford either.

I'm not that serious and I don't actually hate them xD

There's only 4 clubs I genuinely hate in the UK. One's you, one's Man Utd, the others are oily.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There's absolutely no chance Brentford or Palace go down when you pile the points deductions on Forest and Everton. I don't know how our second breach will be viewed and whether some common sense might prevail over us already being punished for 3/4 of the time period in question but word is Forest have breached by more than we did the first time around so they should be in for more than 10 points (or whatever they end up settling on for our first breach post-appeal).

I don't get the sudden hate for Brentford either. No offence but it's fine for fans of the rich teams sat in their ivory tower complaining about how other teams play against them when they've got individual players who cost more than the opposition's entire team. You can't just expect to face a league of Bournemouths who'll bend over and let you take them 5-0 and then pat them on the head for "giving it a go".

Anyway, be great if Liverpool could stop being cunts and letting Luton win here. Throwing the title here just to get Everton relegated. Who's obsessed with who again? 9_9:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Gonzo doesn’t actually hate Brentford and @Storts just needs to vent now he’s seen the Spurs curse travel through two different countries at the same time

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Salah too I think. And yeah the challenges weren't bad, but playing at your ground is bad bad bad luck for us injury wise... so it's safer from our perspective if you get relegated xD

Mate our ground is a curse, your injury list is childs play compared to ours this season haha

• Wow 1

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You can't just expect to face a league of Bournemouths who'll bend over and let you take them 5-0 and then pat them on the head for "giving it a go".

Also, just for the record I don't think that - I've even said (before kickoff even) that Luton have shown more fight and spirit than most every club we've faced this season.

Me joking about wanting a club relegated because whenever we go to their ground we have at least 1-2 injuries doesn't have a fucking thing to do with me wanting clubs to roll over against us...

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Mate our ground is a curse, your injury list is childs play compared to ours this season haha

Maybe get the club to hire a witch doctor or something.

Our final ball's been awful today. Probably to be expected with Salah, Jota, and Nunez not playing but fuck me... I like Elliott when he comes off the bench but usually when he starts for us he's not really up to much - but he's been lively today.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also, just for the record I don't think that - I've even said (before kickoff even) that Luton have shown more fight and spirit than most every club we've faced this season.

Me joking about wanting a club relegated because whenever we go to their ground we have at least 1-2 injuries doesn't have a fucking thing to do with me wanting clubs to roll over against us...

Fair enough. You did like that post about them being negative as well though and usually that's a euphemism for "they don't let us score 3+ goals because they actually defend" so hopefully you can see where I got the wrong idea. xD

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fair enough. You did like that post about them being negative as well though and usually that's a euphemism for "they don't let us score 3+ goals because they actually defend" so hopefully you can see where I got the wrong idea. xD

That's just me trying to wind up @Danny but failing xD

• The topic was unpinned