Tranmere vs Colchester
Walsall vs Swindon

Tuesday 2nd April, 2024
Doncaster vs Wrexham, 19.45

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute must win for Leicester now. Not exactly the team you want to be facing either, Norwich are on the up. 
I back a Leeds win and Southampton to take points off Ipswich. 

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Rick said:

Absolute must win for Leicester now. Not exactly the team you want to be facing either, Norwich are on the up. 
I back a Leeds win and Southampton to take points off Ipswich. 

If Norwich really cared about their rivalry with Ipswich and really hated them, they'd let us win and save their energy for their game with them...

:ph34r:

• Administrator

Much better today. Got forward quicker a lot more and didn't slow the game down as much as we have in previous games. 

There seemed to be a lot more fight in us today, especially straight after half time pinning Norwich back. Important we got the goal back before half time as well otherwise it would have been a bad reception and plenty of booing no doubt. 

Having Ricardo back is such a boost, too. 

Back to the top and over to Ipswich and Leeds to get 3 points. But hopefully not. Could do with Southampton drawing with Ipswich. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Much better today. Got forward quicker a lot more and didn't slow the game down as much as we have in previous games. 

There seemed to be a lot more fight in us today, especially straight after half time pinning Norwich back. Important we got the goal back before half time as well otherwise it would have been a bad reception and plenty of booing no doubt. 

Having Ricardo back is such a boost, too. 

Back to the top and over to Ipswich and Leeds to get 3 points. But hopefully not. Could do with Southampton drawing with Ipswich. 

Honestly I think it's so normal having a slump in the season when you did, final run of games now after the International break, more days between matches so more training to do, don't see why you can't pick your form back up.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Danny said:

Honestly I think it's so normal having a slump in the season when you did, final run of games now after the International break, more days between matches so more training to do, don't see why you can't pick your form back up.

Hopefully. Although games do come round quickly still... 

We have 3 games between 6th and 12th April. So squad will need to be ready but today gives me some glimmer of hope that they are still interested and do have the mental strength to get back to it. 

• Administrator

That didn't seem a red card to me. There was another defender very close by. Davis wouldn't have been one on one with the keeper.

That was class from Ipswich. Great finish from Sarmiento, but you have to wonder wtf those saints defenders were doing. 

You have to expect the late game to be an entertaining one, Leeds can’t afford to fuck it up. 

• Subscriber

It's going to be some robbery if West Brom, Norwich or any other team who finishes 5th or 6th win the playoffs. Arguably Southampton too compared to the seasons Ipswich, Leeds and Leicester have put together to this point.

Horrible game for us that but we've dragged ourselves over the line. Just felt like it was going to be one of them nights from Bamford's miss. 

It was so nervy tonight. Think there was a ton of pressure on us playing last with the other two winning, especially kicking off about 20 odd mins after seeing Ipswich nick a 96th min winner yet again. That would have deflated the atmosphere somehwhat as it looked a nailed on draw and a potential gain.

But sometimes you just got to tough it out and keep going. Hull really had us on the ropes at times and they were silly really because that was such a needless penalty to give away near the end. All in all though, they had played well, better than us in my eyes.

Jesus Christ do we miss Gruev. Gnonto too but Gruev is the key man. We need him back soon. That international break has been a big hinderence for us but we've negotiated two very tricky games playing last both times in four days and just need to steady the ship now with a few days training and normal routine.

If Ipswich win at Carrow Road Saturday lunchtime then I feel like they are going to do a 2016 Leicester.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

I have to say for all my extreme bashing of us we did well today. Responded in what was becoming a quite toxic environment and frankly dominated most of that game. We looked a level above them today. Much better. But it's just a start. We need that seven more times.

Lets hope the rest of our opposition plays at the same level as Norwich's league position implies. If that's what 6th in the league are going to serve up then good grief.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Danny said:

We've gone beyond slumping in recent years though. There are slumps and then there are collapses. We've produced the latter in three of the last four seasons and that's no exaggeration.

Today was a big positive but we're not out the mire yet. The big thing is having players back from injury. The manager has proven himself extremely one-dimensional in recent weeks though.

• The topic was unpinned