talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2023/24 - Semi-Final Matches

football forum

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'm really not trust me. Supporting United your whole life you learn to accept unnecessary hate. It does bother me a little though from fans of clubs that have zero history with us. I get it from scousers, City fans, Arsenal and so on. But I've seen Wigan fans doing plane impressions at matches and similar from other none relevant clubs. 

I don't see the same passion being given towards the three terrible penalty calls for Forest today though. Obviously I wouldn't expect that from you but they seem to be being ignored by everyone.

As for the big 6 comment, some might say your club is being protected as well. 3 dodgy pen calls, points added back on after a deduction.

I don't know what age group you're in but most posters here are around the early 30s sort of mark so most of us went to school with a number of Man Utd fans during Ferguson's era who had it way too good for way too long and had to put up with no end of gloating from them when they won everything and beat our teams because it was all they'd known and they thought it would last forever, so it will never not be funny when they get a(nother) comeuppance.

And it is embarrassing I'm afraid mate. Man Utd could probably field almost a full eleven of players who individually cost more than Coventry's entire squad, bench and annual wage bill put together and they were a marginal offside decision away from blowing a 3-0 lead on 70 minutes against them in a cup semi final. You'd be loving it too if it was Man City or Liverpool.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber

Also I don't want to hear about any more fans of the breakaway six crying about other clubs being mean to them. Your clubs literally selected themselves to go off and make their own Super League because English football was below them. It's always going to be hilarious when you lose to one of the "peasant" teams or struggle to beat a team that's not even in the top flight of English football. Everyone else has to put up with the fact that they'll never be able to dream of seeing their club challenge for the title or become an elite club. I'm sure you can put up with people poking fun at you on the internet. Man Utd are one of the worst run clubs in the entire pyramid and yet you still get Champions League football and FA Cup finals, and if you get your shit together you could compete for titles again within a few years. Any of our clubs get run half as badly as Man Utd, you're looking at points deductions, administration, multiple relegations, you name it. The list of reasons for the rest of us to resent those clubs is basically endless. xD

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know what age group you're in but most posters here are around the early 30s sort of mark so most of us went to school with a number of Man Utd fans during Ferguson's era who had it way too good for way too long and had to put up with no end of gloating from them when they won everything and beat our teams because it was all they'd known and they thought it would last forever, so it will never not be funny when they get a(nother) comeuppance.

And it is embarrassing I'm afraid mate. Man Utd could probably field almost a full eleven of players who individually cost more than Coventry's entire squad, bench and annual wage bill put together and they were a marginal offside decision away from blowing a 3-0 lead on 70 minutes against them in a cup semi final. You'd be loving it too if it was Man City or Liverpool.

That's football mate, crazy shit happens. 

If we win in May I will look back on our shit performance and laugh, at least we are putting ourselves into these positions rubbish side or not. Three finals in two years, not bad for a side so often joked about. Makes you wonder why other terrible sides can't make it anywhere near.

I'm 42 years of age by the way. More than know what it was like to go school during the period of our dominance. 

@Devil If you wanna have a discussion about what you think I’m wrong about or unfair about I’m more than happy to do that, you will probably disagree with me at points and I will probably disagree with you at points and that’s fine. But theres no need for trying to work out underlying agendas, I could easily sit here and talk about you still living in SAF’s us versus them mentality and being incapable of taking criticism, but the reality is more likely that we think about football differently based on our experiences with the game and so come to different conclusions that don’t seem logical when compared with each other.

The irony is one of my best mates is a United fan but the only times I have disagreements about the club with anyone is on here. Which in fairness is probably a reflection of my lack of will power not to post the first thing that jumps into my head lol, but is mostly due to what I wrote above about approaching the game from different positions.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Devil said:

Makes you wonder why other terrible sides can't make it anywhere near.

Same reason why Chelsea made it to Wembley twice this season. Because no matter how poorly run your team is off the pitch, how awfully coordinated your recruitment is, how tactically inept your coaching team is and how complacent or fragile your players are mentally, if you're one of the only clubs in the competition that can invest £1bn in your playing squad then you'll still likely have players on the pitch with enough quality to overcome all of that more often than not.

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Debating a decision is fine. 

But having a clear and blatant hatred like that Brentford fan does is weird because I can't understand why. Why has a period of Uniteds success resulted in such hatred. I don't see the same hate being direct towards Manchester City or Liverpool as I do United.

It literally baffles me. If I'm reading the decision is shit etc.. that's fine, it's a debate but it goes beyond that with the comments. 

You are fucking joking right? :4_joy: we are the most hated club in football now. i don't even think people hate united anymore now you've done nothing for the last decade you are largely irrelevant we just laugh at you now while the older fans still think they are in the glory days and people still care about them, your just a midtable team mate nobody cares

• Subscriber

Thank fuck for that. Could not bare the thought of them potentially being a game from a trophy.

United absolutely woeful again. If there was ever a game where a win deserved a sacking it was that. I can't believe they're going to persist with Ten Hag. Absolutely rank football and pure individual quality has saved them all season. But thanks for saving humanity. The icing on an already great weekend.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Correct. Will always be a significant fixture to me even if I will give it barrels about how much they've fallen off. Not a rivalry per se it's just everyone knows a Man United fan in the way they don't know a Man City fan. Liverpool is similar.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

You are fucking joking right? :4_joy: we are the most hated club in football now. i don't even think people hate united anymore now you've done nothing for the last decade you are largely irrelevant we just laugh at you now while the older fans still think they are in the glory days and people still care about them, your just a midtable team mate nobody cares

100% true we are shit. But we'll always be box office and generate more news and attention no matter how shite we are.

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

115 charges, you should be the most hated football club in football. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Devil said:

Dan describes it perfectly here:

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Correct. Will always be a significant fixture to me even if I will give it barrels about how much they've fallen off. Not a rivalry per se it's just everyone knows a Man United fan in the way they don't know a Man City fan. Liverpool is similar.

Man City are objectively the worst club in football because of this investigation hanging over them, the completely plastic nature of their standing in the game and their immoral owners. It's impossible for most people to conjure up that sort of animosity though because they don't know an insufferable Man City fan whereas everyone knows half a dozen Man Utd fans and half a dozen Liverpool fans (and they're not all like this by any means but) who boast as if they're invincible in moments because they've got safety in numbers so you've got to poke fun at them when they get a knock-back because those are just the rules. The decent Man Utd and Liverpool fans who didn't boast that much in the first place just end up caught in the crossfire but it goes back to the whoppers in your fanbases who bring that upon the rest of you because they don't know the meaning of humility. That just isn't there with Man City. Yes, they should be the most hated club but if you don't have that day to day interaction with their fans then you're just not going to be as arsed.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Dan describes it perfectly here:

Man City are objectively the worst club in football because of this investigation hanging over them, the completely plastic nature of their standing in the game and their immoral owners. It's impossible for most people to conjure up that sort of animosity though because they don't know an insufferable Man City fan whereas everyone knows half a dozen Man Utd fans and half a dozen Liverpool fans (and they're not all like this by any means but) who boast as if they're invincible in moments because they've got safety in numbers so you've got to poke fun at them when they get a knock-back because those are just the rules. The decent Man Utd and Liverpool fans who didn't boast that much in the first place just end up caught in the crossfire but it goes back to the whoppers in your fanbases who bring that upon the rest of you because they don't know the meaning of humility. That just isn't there with Man City. Yes, they should be the most hated club but if you don't have that day to day interaction with their fans then you're just not going to be as arsed.

Have to say Chelsea for worst club, City are the suave, sophisticated serial killer and then Chelsea are the texas chainsaw massacre lol

2 hours ago, Devil said:

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

100% true we are shit. But we'll always be box office and generate more news and attention no matter how shite we are.

I expected a bigger nibble but i'll take it :4_joy:  

• Subscriber

Honestly the Man City hate is a very online thing I find too. They don't really provoke a great deal in me personally. Maybe they should. But I think things like rumoured charges just simply isn't going to supersede the annoying Man United / Liverpool / Arsenal fans at work no matter how much people morally think it should. Maybe if they're proven guilty and are genuinely stripped of titles etc.. it changes things. They've just not got the size of fanbase for it and nor did I grow up around any of them.

Needless to say why I wanted the Man United win yesterday though. I get basically any fans except probably ours and maybe a couple of Birmingham based wanting a Coventry win. The way they've gone on about us all season. Never seen anything like it. It would be even funnier if they were to hold Ipswich to a result that promoted us. They'd never get over it.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Honestly the Man City hate is a very online thing I find too. They don't really provoke a great deal in me personally. Maybe they should. But I think things like rumoured charges just simply isn't going to supersede the annoying Man United / Liverpool / Arsenal fans at work no matter how much people morally think it should. Maybe if they're proven guilty and are genuinely stripped of titles etc.. it changes things. They've just not got the size of fanbase for it and nor did I grow up around any of them.

Needless to say why I wanted the Man United win yesterday though. I get basically any fans except probably ours and maybe a couple of Birmingham based wanting a Coventry win. The way they've gone on about us all season. Never seen anything like it. It would be even funnier if they were to hold Ipswich to a result that promoted us. They'd never get over it.

Latest figures might surprise you.  Manchester City have an astonishing 120,000 fans on their season ticket waiting lists. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12206585/The-astonishing-number-fans-season-ticket-waiting-list-Man-United-Man-City.html

How many fans does Man City have worldwide?

TOTAL: 139.7 million

Man City have fans in every corner of the globe, thanks largely to the dazzling success of record-breaking head coach Pep Guardiola.
7 Feb 2024

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dan said:

Honestly the Man City hate is a very online thing I find too. They don't really provoke a great deal in me personally. Maybe they should. But I think things like rumoured charges just simply isn't going to supersede the annoying Man United / Liverpool / Arsenal fans at work no matter how much people morally think it should.

Also, we're talking several years through mid-90s all the way through to early 2010s that Man Utd built up a resentment within fans. Man City aren't anywhere near that yet. 

Man City can plead relevance and fans can wish for hatred towards them, but there just isn't the time built-up to hate them that much just yet. There's a valid dislike for what they do, but there's quite an intrinsic difference as to where that comes from - it's all off the pitch. Anyone disliking Man Utd from that time period is predominantly based on their success and arrogance from what they did on the pitch.

• Subscriber

Our son is 48 years old and for some reason he chose Liverpool as his team when he was a young nipper and still does to this day, he was brought up in the Liverpool golden years under Shanks & Paisley and when he got older he would take the piss out of me supporting United but I just laughed it off.

Fergie came along and changed all that with United and Liverpool started the slide and I would take the piss out of his Liverpool and tell him the shoe was on the other foot now with United winning the lot.

It was all banter with me and our son and even today we will sit around having a good drink and talk football, the same here in Scotland, he supports Hearts of Midlothian and I support Glasgow Rangers, the 2 teams met at Hampden Sunday gone in the Scottish Cup Semi-Final and our son went there with his son to cheer them on.

I sent the normal text messages that we were going to thump you Jambo lot and I got the normal reply by him and our Grandson to fuck off, we are going to thump you, Rangers won 2-0 anyway so we are still taking the piss out of each other. xD

So, this hatred bit with clubs either being United, City or even Liverpool I have never trod that path and I raised our son to do the same which he does to Alexander our grandson, football is a sport which should be enjoyed either win, lose or draw and the hatred should be centred on fucking hooligans who run riot in their teams colours. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Latest figures might surprise you.  Manchester City have an astonishing 120,000 fans on their season ticket waiting lists. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12206585/The-astonishing-number-fans-season-ticket-waiting-list-Man-United-Man-City.html

How many fans does Man City have worldwide?

TOTAL: 139.7 million

Man City have fans in every corner of the globe, thanks largely to the dazzling success of record-breaking head coach Pep Guardiola.
7 Feb 2024

Even despite this I just come across nowhere near as many casual Man City fans as I do other clubs and I think if I did there'd be more animosity in general. But it just isn't there. Maybe it's an online or overseas thing but it's certainly not in person.

I play football on Thursdays and you have kids playing on there before we do so you see a lot of the shirts they're wearing. I honestly think I see more Barcelona or PSG than Man City. It's quite peculiar really - I thought more would've latched onto it given you've been relatively dominant now throughout the last decade.

Don't see as many Chelsea as I once did.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Also, we're talking several years through mid-90s all the way through to early 2010s that Man Utd built up a resentment within fans. Man City aren't anywhere near that yet. 

Man City can plead relevance and fans can wish for hatred towards them, but there just isn't the time built-up to hate them that much just yet. There's a valid dislike for what they do, but there's quite an intrinsic difference as to where that comes from - it's all off the pitch. Anyone disliking Man Utd from that time period is predominantly based on their success and arrogance from what they did on the pitch.

I did think by now there would be more. Using the kids shirts again I'm surprised how few I see. I've no idea how PSG shirts got so popular amongst kids. This has been going on pre Messi as well.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

I did think by now there would be more. Using the kids shirts again I'm surprised how few I see. I've no idea how PSG shirts got so popular amongst kids. This has been going on pre Messi as well.

Think PSG, Barca and Madrid are sold in JD sports mate. That's why they have become so popular with the kids.

They market their kits really well as well, the Jordan stuff catches attention.

Edited by Devil

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Even despite this I just come across nowhere near as many casual Man City fans as I do other clubs and I think if I did there'd be more animosity in general. But it just isn't there. Maybe it's an online or overseas thing but it's certainly not in person.

I play football on Thursdays and you have kids playing on there before we do so you see a lot of the shirts they're wearing. I honestly think I see more Barcelona or PSG than Man City. It's quite peculiar really - I thought more would've latched onto it given you've been relatively dominant now throughout the last decade.

Don't see as many Chelsea as I once did.

Think it's more of a North West thing in England, see a lot of kids wearing City shirts around here and United too tbf, not so much any of the London clubs. Real & Barca have the 2 biggest followings in the world so not surprising you see a lot of shirts, United's number 3, City 6th, Chelsea 7th, Liverpool 8th, Arsenal 10th 

https://jobsinfootball.com/blog/most-supported-football-clubs-in-the-world/

16 hours ago, Dan said:

Air Jordan, it's become streetwear more than anything.