talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2024 - Betting & Tips

football forums

• Administrator

Anyone chucked on any decent bets?

@JoshBRFC mainly looking at you xD. You usually pipe up after the tournament is done with your winnings - what you got on mate?

Some I've done so far:

Group win acca - Germany, Spain, England, France, Belgium, Portugal - 10/1

Fernandes & Tielemans to score 1+ goal from outside the box 9/1

England, France, Germany & Portugal each to score 10+ goals in the tournament - 6/1

France to win the tournament, Spain top of their group, Kane to score 5+ goals - 25/1

Germany to make semi-finals; Albania & Hungary to finish bottom of their groups; Mbappe to score 6+ goals - 40/1

Fiver on each apart from the bottom two, which have £2 on. 

• Subscriber

Haha sorry @Stan that’s not to be arrogant, it’s just usually because of inactivity. 

Not put anything on yet, will post when I do. 

No real value in backing England, but I obviously hope he win it. Spain are a good price and can’t be written off. 

• Subscriber

If anyone's got bet365 there's a good free prediction game for both the Euros and the Copa America with a £1m jackpot which will be basically impossible to win but a good prize board below that.

Posted (edited)

Not had any yet but I definitely will closer the time.

Just got this feeling for Portugal to do something. Think they are hovering at around 8/1 at the moment, and I do like the France v Portugal 16/1 odds (Rematch of Euro 2016 Final) as a little fun punt.

Kane, Mbappe and Lukaku to be their teams Top scorer in a treble is currently just in and around 4-1 and that feels a good bet to me to cover your stakes for other bets. 

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

As ever we will be taking the big priced teams in both the Euros and Copa America in the group stages with the intention of abusing Acca Freeze on Sky Bet. I made over a grand doing this in 2023/24 and others have bettered that quite substantially. Take it while you can.

I've got these for now.

Croatia to finish top 2 in their group @2.00 

France to reach the final @2.85

Slovakia to not qualify from their group @1.80

Edited by Machado

• Subscriber

Only put one on so far, just backed Spain outright @ 15/2. I hope I’m wrong and we win. But I don’t see value in us at 3/1 especially under Southgate. Spain I see as a dark horse, and much more of a team. Again, I hope I’m wrong ;) .

I will probably put some more on over the weekend.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I didn't put on any outright bets but I put this for tonight's game.

Screenshot_20240614_190700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bcb3c6888d9bd436d157482b46771ee3.jpg

Really didn't see 5+ goals in a tournament opener. Vastly underestimated the awfulness of Scotland xD.

Got this one on for the next match.

Screenshot_20240615_084145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0daa23ee967f85ac8a86983b2ab44ee.jpg

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Really didn't see 5+ goals in a tournament opener. Vastly underestimated the awfulness of Scotland xD.

Got this one on for the next match.

Screenshot_20240615_084145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0daa23ee967f85ac8a86983b2ab44ee.jpg

Winner here. I know nobody here cares about Evensish bets but I find it more enjoyable trying to win these consistently as well as spanking the odd stake on a long shot that'll never come in xD.

Hungary and Switzerland saw a lot of goals throughout qualifying. A lot of people I've heard had this pegged as a potential 0-0 but I thought goals were underpriced based on the stats. A quick look through their stats on footystats.org had offsides and cards standing out as well.

Not much stands out on Spain/Croatia's stats except things that contradict each other (e.g. Spain score a lot but Croatia don't concede many). Going with Spain corners, Spain shots and a couple of second half cards.

Screenshot_20240615_153455_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8394adfd872fae821c80924f1f99d468.jpg

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

How much do you guys spend on betting?

I put quite a lot of bets on but never more than £2 or £2.50. I do it for fun so find it more enjoyable to have small bets on a load of games that I can then keep an eye on than I do putting a tenner on a long shot just in case I can win a few hundred quid.

If I was actually any good at it and made a profit then I might invest more into it but I'm yet to find any approach that is even remotely profitable. I've probably lost about £100 since August but I don't lose sleep over it because I find it fun trying to spot good bets and it's kept me occupied for many hours in that time.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Not much stands out on Spain/Croatia's stats except things that contradict each other (e.g. Spain score a lot but Croatia don't concede many). Going with Spain corners, Spain shots and a couple of second half cards.

Screenshot_20240615_153455_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8394adfd872fae821c80924f1f99d468.jpg

One card short. Ruined by the match being over as a contest at half-time.

The next one will determine whether or not I continue to embarrass myself by posting a bet builder for each game xD.

Screenshot_20240615_190118_Chrome.thumb.jpg.822da39e0fc8330c7d89bc07e746d003.jpg

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Done on the first line @RandoEFC xD

After 15 minutes xD

Albania had the worst attack of any qualifier through qualifying and one of the best defences. No sign at all of the cagey early group matches you usually get in these tournaments.

• Subscriber

Didn't post any of my bet builders in here today and all three won xD. One at reduced odds as Weghorst didn't start but still.

Screenshot_20240616_213820_Chrome.thumb.jpg.41851046fedc379c0337781113caa0f3.jpg

Screenshot_20240616_213832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e3db3c1f511a4d85591828b535a54f9e.jpg

Screenshot_20240616_213843_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d69f5fbd0ef49f6324a90ba456c9be9f.jpg

Clear proof that any bet I post in thus forum is instantly cursed, as evidenced by my performance in Dan's tipping game this year. :ph34r:

Bit late to the party but these were my bets before a ball was kicked.

Portugal to win 13/2 (Free £20 bet) Returns £130.

France to win, Mbappe Top Scorer 12/1 - £10 returns £130

Kane & Mbappe to score 4+ goals, Lukaku & B.Fernandes to score 3 goals, 35-1 - £5 returns £180

Portugal & France to reach semis, Holland, Belgium & Spain to reach quarters, 33-1 - £5 wins £170

Portugal, Belgium & Germany to score 2+ goals each group game, 55-1, £5 wins £280.

Very punty, but fun bets. £25 spent doing it however, I've won that back already winning 3 Superboosts at evens odds of various players to be fouled or take a shot on target which was the plan.

(McTominay to make 1+ foul, Musiala 1+SOT, Bellingham and Foden to be fouled)

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've won that back already winning 3 Superboosts at evens odds of various players to be fouled or take a shot on target which was the plan.

I'm surprised at how good some of the pre-tournament offers were.

SkyBet had Saliba/Van Dijk both to commit 2+ fouls in the Group Stage at 3/1.

I didn't watch the Netherlands match yesterday but looking at the stats Van Dijk committed two so that's halfway in already. Presumably Saliba starts France's games in which case that has a good chance of coming in too... 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm surprised at how good some of the pre-tournament offers were.

SkyBet had Saliba/Van Dijk both to commit 2+ fouls in the Group Stage at 3/1.

I didn't watch the Netherlands match yesterday but looking at the stats Van Dijk committed two so that's halfway in already. Presumably Saliba starts France's games in which case that has a good chance of coming in too... 

I missed that one but I'd have definitely have been all over that considering they have 3 games each.

The superboosts are always a great way of doubling your money and giving you your stakes to play with.