talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Portugal 2-1 Czech Republic - Tuesday 18th June, 2024

It will be interesting to see how the Czech Republic hold out against this star studded Portuguese team. I am a little surprised that the Czech manager didn't select Pavlenka, Kral and Cvancara in his squad for the Euros. But this Czech side looks strong enough and they kick-off their campaign against a Portuguese side who are among the favourites to win this competition.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Michael said:

It will be interesting to see how the Czech Republic hold out against this star studded Portuguese team. I am a little surprised that the Czech manager didn't select Pavlenka, Kral and Cvancara in his squad for the Euros. But this Czech side looks strong enough and they kick-off their campaign against a Portuguese side who are among the favourites to win this competition.

Pavlenka missing the tournament is probably not surprising, as he hasn't played a single match since October last year...

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

I think Portugal score 3 here. This line up is crazy.

This is Cristiano Ronaldo's 6th European Championships, this is his 208th international appearance for Portugal and he has scored 130 international goals so far. Those are unprecedented stats, quite unbelievable.

Edited by Michael

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

I think Portugal score 3 here. This line up is crazy.

Portugal look like a strong team, but you incredibly have a 41 year old and a 39 year old starting for Portugal today. Both of them outfield players. I think that's a 1st.

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Pavlenka missing the tournament is probably not surprising, as he hasn't played a single match since October last year...

That's true, I've just always been a big fan of his and the manager has decided to select some very young keepers instead of him.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Michael said:

It looks very wet in Leipzig, not ideal playing conditions.

Everywhere in Germany to be fair. We're hosting the Euros, and we're having the worst summer I've ever experienced. xD

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Everywhere in Germany to be fair. We're hosting the Euros, and we're having the worst summer I've ever experienced. xD

Munich looked nice and sunny to be fair.😃

It might just be you guys up in the north or in the Ruhr region experiencing the bad weather.😉

Edited by Michael

• Administrator

Portugal doing a lot of work with the ball but not creating much, if anything. Czechs will be happy with this as it only takes one counter and one chance to go ahead. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Munich looked nice and sunny to be fair.😃

Oh wow, I just checked their weather. 30 C°??? So that's where summer is hiding. But next week it seems like they get shit weather like the rest of us. xD

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What a pathetic dive. Rightfully booked. 

Great to see a ref see it and punish it. And didn't fall for Ronaldo's theatrics early on too.