The better place to talk football.

Austria 0-1 France - Monday 17th June 2024

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

This Austrian side look strong, they should give the French a tough match here. It's a blow for the Austrian defence that Alaba didn't recover in time with his injury to make these Euros, but they have other good and experienced defenders. I love the Austrian midfield, especially Laimer and Sabitzer. France look like they will need inspiration from Mbappe to get past this tough looking Austrian side.

• The title was changed to Austria 0-1 France - Monday 17th June 2024

France score through an own goal by Wober! Mbappe dribbled past his marker on the flank and crossed the ball into the area, only for Wober to head the ball into his own net.

Austria 0-1 France

How can Austria possibly be expected to compete if the referee makes it basically impossible for them to put France under any pressure.

They're not allowed to win the ball high, and then when they do get into the final third, put France on the back foot, and force Maignan into a great save, France are instantly given a goal kick and let out of jail.

I don't know why these notoriously corrupt/soft Spanish refs are still given major games in all competitions.

When you are the underdog you can't afford to miss chances like baumgartener missed. Sabitzer put it on a six pence for him.

He's also got to go across the keeper in that position to the right hand post, the keeper is coming to feet and you have no time to chip it. Its either foot right through it or across the keeper into the far post.

53 minutes ago, Michael said:

It must be a great atmosphere in Dusseldorf for today's match. I am sure the city is full of French and Austrian fans. Have you managed to make the match @Tommy?😃

Na, I'm not giving any money to UEFA. But I walked through the city today and it was packed. Mainly Austrians, but French too, and the occasional group of Scots. xD

Just now, Devil said:

When you are the underdog you can't afford to miss chances like baumgartener missed.

It was almost as if the keeper frightened him when he rushed out and he hardly got a tap on it really.. felt he backed out of the commitment at the key moment a bit.. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The players must be excited to play in such a beautiful stadium. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What a beautiful stadium though. 

Thoughts on the stadium Thomas?