The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018: Russia - General Chat

football forum

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Who is Guerrero?

It's all the captains. They probably just included him as they don't know who will replace him, which is stupid if they just did their research.

Still interesting

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Blue said:

It's all the captains. They probably just included him as they don't know who will replace him, which is stupid if they just did their research.

Still interesting

Which team is Guerrero captain of?

6 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Cheat?

He's bitter because he knew he was wrong.

FIFA didn't reduce his ban to be generous. They proved the case and it was reduced. End of.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

He's bitter because he knew he was wrong.

FIFA didn't reduce his ban to be generous. They proved the case and it was reduced. End of.

not bitter pal.

If he didn't take any drugs at all then they would have got rid of the ban altogether. just because it was reduced doesn't mean he didn't take any drugs. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

not bitter pal.

If he didn't take any drugs at all then they would have got rid of the ban altogether. just because it was reduced doesn't mean he didn't take any drugs. 

Doesn't matter there was clearly an argument that won the case and to me that was that it wasn't his fault. He took the drugs but they got it reduced because it wasn't intentional. It still warrants a ban because FIFA can't be that soft but a shorter ban makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD Wasn't intentional!!! Yeah...sure

So why was his ban reduced? Because FIFA felt like it? Knowing you I wouldn't be surprised if you thought something as idiotic as that.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

So why was his ban reduced? Because FIFA felt like it? Knowing you I wouldn't be surprised if you thought something as idiotic as that.

The FIFA Appeal Committee after taking into account all the circumstances of the case, in particular the degree of fault of the player, considered a six-month period of ineligibility to be a proportionate sanction," FIFA explained.

'the degree of fault of the player'.

That doesn't mean they've found him totally innocent. He may still have been at fault but just not as much as originally presumed. 

Just now, Stan said:

'the degree of fault of the player'.

That doesn't mean they've found him totally innocent. He may still have been at fault but just not as much as originally presumed. 

Well you just ended up proving what I said.

I do believe he took something illegal but I don't think he meant to and it was something his doctors did. Thus why I think its right to have his ban at 6 months rather than a year. Completely lifting the ban would be bending their own rules.

I rather him not be banned at all but I still have to be fair sometimes.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Stan said:

not bitter pal.

This happened numerous times to numerous South American players after consuming coca tea to prevent altitude sickness which is not illegal at all, but leaves traces of cocaine metabolite in one's urine. Numerous players have been given one year bans for it in the past only to get it reduced to 6 months, which makes sense, because they did not intend to take drugs/cheat and it didn't affect their performance in any way.

To be fair to Guerrero, he did submit a hair strand test immediately to prove that he didn't take cocaine. The test came out negative, the amount of the metabolite in his original urine test was very low and thus indicated the use of coca tea as opposed to "taking drugs", hence FIFA reducing the ban. Don't know if he drank it intentionally or not (some sources suggest his regular tea in hotel was contaminated with coca tea), but certainly he is not a "drug cheat" for willingly or unwillingly consuming something that is completely legal? ... 

18 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah, I do it all the time.

TBH, I don't think anyone with a brain would say Guerrero is a top ten striker(WC). MARCA had an article about the Mexican attacking players and how they had the potential of being one of the best at the world cup.

Only peruvians and the Peruvian media overhype Guerrero and the rest of the Peruvian team. Even the Brazilian media dislikes Guerrero!!

Lozano(PSV) Javier H. (west ham) Jimenez(Benfica) Vela (Real Sociedad) >>>>>> Peruvian attack..

I've seen Mexicans claim that Guerrero is a top 10 striker. I've also not seen idiots like you claim he's not.

23 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Even the Brazilian media dislikes Guerrero!!

No they don't you idiot. He's even on course to win the best South American player of the year. Knowing you you'll discredit it but say Ronaldo is the best because he won ballon d'or. Fucking idiot.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've seen Mexicans claim that Guerrero is a top 10 striker. I've also not seen idiots like you claim he's not.

i know many Mexican journalists and they don't rate him as a top 10 striker. 

Just now, Stan said:

i know many Mexican journalists and they don't rate him as a top 10 striker. 

Good for them. Thats their opinion, as well as yours.

Archived