talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018: Russia - General Chat

football forum

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Good appointment. Now I think our group will be a dog fight for second. Australia aren't as good as us on paper (or Denmark for that matter) but they have a ton of personality and I expect that to go up with this guy.

France I don't think will breeze through the group but they should be finishing first.

What do you think is the real 'goal' for Peru this year? Survive the group stage? Not finish bottom of the group?

I still think it'll be France and Denmark in this group, and I think France might be my pick to have the best chance of winning the whole tournament.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

What do you think is the real 'goal' for Peru this year? Survive the group stage? Not finish bottom of the group?

I still think it'll be France and Denmark in this group, and I think France might be my pick to have the best chance of winning the whole tournament.

I've said it before and I stand by what I said prior to beating New Zealand. I wouldn't mind going out in the groups (especially the one we got) but only if we prove something and go out with honour. Many of us said here for the past 40 years that we just wanted to participate, and now that we are here some want to compete. I'm a balance between that. I'm with no expectations. 

If we go out losing every game 4-0 then I won't be happy but say if we draw Denmark, lose to France narrowly and then barely go out even by beating Australia, I'll be satisfied. That's the key to Peruvian football growing. Marketing, we need to make ourselves a bigger name and while it is growing, there is still some ways to go in my opinion.

Personally, I think we'll reach the round of 16 and then go out - most likely to Argentina. However I've said it before and my opinion hasn't changed. If we put on a show then that will be enough for me.

Should we qualify for 2022, that is when I think we should go out to get as far as possible. Its our first World Cup in 40 years, and while South Americans are South Americans, we can't expect the team to not be nervous and be awesome right off the bat - we need to be like Chile was in 2010. Get our players to perform and attract interest from strong teams and then hopefully a few will be world class by 2022.

We will attack in the Denmark and Australia games. I can guarantee you that. I don't know if we will win but we will look for the game in what is a very reachable expectation.

France might be different but we'll see. Depends on the Denmark result I think.

Didn't Batard tell us to back off? xD

• 1 month later...

Two of the 64 World Cup games have no tickets left for the next sales phase tomorrow. They are the Final and Argentina vs Iceland at the 43k capacity Spartak Stadium.

The explanation might be that it's the only game Argentina will play in Moscow. Many Russians want to watch Messi and maybe they won't get another opportunity.

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2018/m=3/news=russia-2018-tickets-allocated-sales-restart-on-tuesday.html

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What a ridiculously weird attitude. Why does it have to be one or the other? So it's either playing in the World Cup and getting poor, or not going to the World Cup and staying rich? xD Not to mention that it sounds  completely ridiculous coming from someone earning more than enough to not have to worry about getting poor. Money money money. What a shame, even footballers have no passion left for football anymore. No emotions, not a tiny bit of romanticism, just pure business and greed. Oh well, at least he's honest. Or is he just bitter that he's got no chance of making it into Brazil's World Cup squad  in the first place? :ph34r:

I find it bizarre that Brazilians or Argentinians playing in China or the middle east get considered. Here in Peru (and Colombia for that matter) if you move to the middle east or play in china, that's that. You won't get called up for a long time. Farfan was a bit lucky but he was eventually taken off the team due to Gareca not taking him seriously. Yet I find it bizarre that these more "professional" and stronger footballing nations will still do it.

Russia to use Pakistan's footballs in 2018 world cup

Pakistani famous thermo bonded footballs will be used in the World Cup matches.

.0b7165ec38ab4136aebd5a6b368f8333_18.jpg

When millions of football lovers cheer on their favourite teams at the 2018 FIFA World Cup to be held in Russia this summer, Pakistanis will have a special reason to rejoice, although the 198th-ranked football nation will not be participating in the mega event.

Pakistan's famous footballs will be used in the World Cup matches, making over 200 million Pakistanis feel their presence in the event.

Russian Ambassador to Pakistan Alexey Dedov confirmed earlier in the week that his country was going to use Pakistan-made footballs for the World Cup matches.

Located on the outskirts of northeastern Sialkot city, workers at a local sports company - which is a contracting manufacturer of global sports brand Adidas - are working extra hours to ensure on-time delivery of the footballs.

The city, which borders India, has been famous for producing finest quality sports goods and has been supplying footballs for mega events for a long time.

Forward Sports, which also makes footballs for the German Bundesliga, France Ligue 1 and the Champions League, was also the official football provider of 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

"This is an honour for us, that we are going to provide footballs for the world cup once again. We are very excited to meet this challenge," Khawaja Masood, the chairman of the company, told Anadolu Agency.

Refusing to give the exact numbers of footballs the company is going to supply for the World Cup alone due to restrictions from Adidas, Khawaja said his firm produced a total of 700,000 footballs a month.

The football that will be used in the upcoming tournament is technically termed as thermo bonded, which was first introduced in the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Before that, Pakistan had supplied hand stitched football for almost all the World Cups from the 1990s to 2010.

Other types of footballs produced in Sialkot are glued balls and hand stitched balls.

Thermo bonded balls are made by attaching the panels through heat - the latest technology adopted by Adidas and transferred to Forward Sports in 2013.

"Although Pakistan football team will not be participating in the forthcoming World Cup, its presence will be felt in all the matches [because of the balls]," Khawaja told Anadolu Agency.

According to Husnain Cheema, president of the Pakistan Sports Goods Association, the country will export around 10 million footballs across the world this year.

On 13/03/2018 at 09:55, Blue said:

I find it bizarre that Brazilians or Argentinians playing in China or the middle east get considered. Here in Peru (and Colombia for that matter) if you move to the middle east or play in china, that's that. You won't get called up for a long time. Farfan was a bit lucky but he was eventually taken off the team due to Gareca not taking him seriously. Yet I find it bizarre that these more "professional" and stronger footballing nations will still do it.

Paulinho has been the best thing that's ever happened to Chinese football. People now will look at him being the example that you can move to China and still return to major European football at your peak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spike said:

@Berserker do you think papu gomez has a place for Argentina? He has to be your best LW right now

Anyone would be better than Di Maria, i wouldn't mind to give him a place. I would have liked Ocampos to have been considered too.

Archived