talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018: Russia - General Chat

football forum

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I was obviously also taking the piss. I don't know about the USA but have always been under that impression, so I decided to just be provocative.

You're either a liar or the world's greatest actor. I'm going with the former. 

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Eco said:

You're either a liar or the world's greatest actor. I'm going with the former. 

Neither, I was being serious but I don't have any point to make a post like that other than being provocative.

If it makes you sleep at night saying that I'm a liar though... :34_rolling_eyes:

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Omg that Brazil tune @Lucas totally forgot about that xD Braaaaziiiiiiiiii

Haha. Found it today, posted it on here and I've hummed and whistled it about 5 or 6 times since being at work tonight. It's not going away for a while xD 

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Well, just like you "know" South Americans extremely well and me supposedly making lies about us South Americans all being related, some American friends have told me the exact same thing and you're lying too.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

That also makes you a hypocrite then ya cunt :ph34r:

The BBC advert for the world cup is absolutely fire. The ITV one is shite. That being said, ITV are so much better when it comes to covering the tournament. 

I'm starting to get excited now.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Does anyone else have the feeling that Spain cuold do this for hours without a single bad touch or bad pass?!

yeah it'd be like Joey, Ross, Chandler and Monica throwing the ball to each other for a day in that Friends episode :D 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Does anyone else have the feeling that Spain cuold do this for hours without a single bad touch or bad pass?!

I was thinking more Brazil than Spain.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Gutted that Turkey equalised on Tunisia at the death there.

What happened with Tosun? Heard he got a bit angry with a fan? 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

What happened with Tosun? Heard he got a bit angry with a fan? 

He made a throat slitting gesture towards the crowd. He said they were throwing shit at his dad. Can't blame him for being pissed off at that either. Your dad comes to see you represent your country... and gets shit thrown at him. I think a lot of other people would have had a more angry reaction than just a gesture.

I don't know if he should have been sent off. You can't go around making threatening gestures at fans, riling up opposition fans also increases the risk of a pitch invasion which makes things more dangerous for you and your teammates. At the same time, being pissed off at people physically doing shit to your family members while you're just trying to do your job is totally normal and I don't think his reaction was that bad.

His post match comments were pretty great though - a full apology for any wrongdoing, showed remorse for getting sent off and said he'd do whatever he can to make sure he doesn't loose his cool again. And said "character is more important than football." I respect him a bit after this, despite him playing for those blueshite bastards.

• Administrator

Wow, just caught up on Twitter about it all. I don't blame him for making the gesture. Apparently flares and other stuff was thrown at his father and uncle. For what reason who knows but I'd go a bit mental as well if I found out fans were doing that too. 

16 hours ago, Stan said:

Wow, just caught up on Twitter about it all. I don't blame him for making the gesture. Apparently flares and other stuff was thrown at his father and uncle. For what reason who knows but I'd go a bit mental as well if I found out fans were doing that too. 

I heard it was actual shit that was thrown at them, which is disgusting.

For those of you that haven't yet seen, all of the World Cup Squads have now been amended with the final selected players. There's even squad numbers for you to get excited about.

As images have been used instead of text, the preliminary squads have also remained. I understand this means some pages are not as neat as they could be, but the references to these players in text format will help our SEO raiting on Google. Which remains pivotal in regards to this forum's growth.

Thank you to @nudge for her assistance during in what was a time consuming exercise. Also, apologies to @Mel81x for not having a preliminary squad list for his beloved Switzerland.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Thank you to @nudge for her assistance during in what was a time consuming exercise. Also, apologies to @Mel81x for not having a preliminary squad list for his beloved Switzerland.

Thanks. not really much of a surprise considering everyone knew the squad for 2018 at the 2014 WC.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

For those of you that haven't yet seen, all of the World Cup Squads have now been amended with the final selected players. There's even squad numbers for you to get excited about.

As images have been used instead of text, the preliminary squads have also remained. I understand this means some pages are not as neat as they could be, but the references to these players in text format will help our SEO raiting on Google. Which remains pivotal in regards to this forum's growth.

Thanks, but there was no consultation about this with the staff and it doesn't affect the SEO at all. 

Don't forget, you're still on probation and this latest incident has been noted and consequently will be discussed at length. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thanks, but there was no consultation about this with the staff and it doesn't affect the SEO at all. 

Don't forget, you're still on probation and this latest incident has been noted and consequently will be discussed at length. 

Get fucked.

Archived