talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 5 - 21-22nd September, 2024

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It might be but what about the Haaland lunge earlier in the game??? He got fuck all for that! Ruined the game now.. given what he was allowing earlier.. 

It was a lunge and it was given as a free kick, no? Not sure what other punishment there should have been. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Surprised it's only 7 mins. Although you'd expect there to be more played anyway. 

That's why time wasting is a nonsense... they only add the time on later.. I can understand it more if a team is trying to take the heat out of a certain passage of play but just sitting around hoping to eat up time never works.. 

Good thing I didn't watch it. City are like a 3 wheeler vehicle without De Bruyne. If he had not been back for the last dozen or so matches last season, Arsenal would have won the PL. City should have replaced Walker last season. His pace makes up for a lot of his mistakes but he is aging and slowing down. Whether Arsenal win the PL depends on how many games De Bruyne plays out of the 38.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Amazing how these kinds of teams have so many players that get away with having a shouting match with the ref... 

I was under the impression it was only team captains were supposed to speak with the ref??? I would like to see the City goal again, I am pretty sure that when Haaland picked the ball out of the net he threw it straight at an Arsenal player?? I could be wrong but seemed like it.. 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I was under the impression it was only team captains were supposed to speak with the ref??? I would like to see the City goal again, I am pretty sure that when Haaland picked the ball out of the net he threw it straight at an Arsenal player?? I could be wrong but seemed like it.. 

Yeah that's what I thought... 

Didn't see the Haaland thing but saw him have a bit of a push and shove with Gabriel

We'd of taken a draw before the game. And if someone said at half time City will get a 98th minute equaliser we'd have taken that. People will say arsenal would have won it 11 v 11 but that's not necessarily true. Sometimes going down to ten gives you more determination. 

• Upvote 1

Worst way to end up with a draw. Really hate how everything is "letter of the law" with us but referees and the idiot pundits just skip over our opponents doing the same and going unpunished. I'm sure Michael Oliver will be paid well to referee a game in UAE again by Man City's owners.

Annoying fucking game in the end.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Worst way to end up with a draw. Really hate how everything is "letter of the law" with us but referees and the idiot pundits just skip over our opponents doing the same and going unpunished. I'm sure Michael Oliver will be paid well to referee a game in UAE again by Man City's owners.

Annoying fucking game in the end.

Agree it should be punished for other teams, but maybe if your own team stopped doing it too, it'd be less of an issue or a talking point? 

• Administrator

I find it incredibly ironic that someone like Silva and Walker can bemoan Arteta and his players 'employing the dark arts' as if they haven't done it for several years under Guardiola, too.

At least Walker acknowledges that it's 'part and parcel' of the game, but for them to act like they've never done it as well is embarrassing. And even more ironic that Rodri was one of the players involved as he's usually one of the more prolific employers of such arts...

• Subscriber

Rodri literally went down holding his face 5 seconds into the game in an attempt to get Havertz sent off. City can't have any complaints about other teams being snide, time wasting, using dirty tactics.

They're such an absolutely odious team. They're just like prime Man Utd the way they surround the referee and scream in the officials' faces with no repercussions. Haaland is an absolute bellend as well squaring up to everyone he can get his hands on. People on social media thinking he's "funny" for mouthing "who are you" at that Arsenal youngster and chucking the ball at Gabriel's head I just can't understand. Yeah maybe you'd love it if he was your player but I see neutrals rimming him for it. He's just a nobhead.

Shame Arsenal couldn't see that out.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Rodri literally went down holding his face 5 seconds into the game in an attempt to get Havertz sent off. City can't have any complaints about other teams being snide, time wasting, using dirty tactics.

They're such an absolutely odious team. They're just like prime Man Utd the way they surround the referee and scream in the officials' faces with no repercussions. Haaland is an absolute bellend as well squaring up to everyone he can get his hands on. People on social media thinking he's "funny" for mouthing "who are you" at that Arsenal youngster and chucking the ball at Gabriel's head I just can't understand. Yeah maybe you'd love it if he was your player but I see neutrals rimming him for it. He's just a nobhead.

Shame Arsenal couldn't see that out.

Silva even references the 2nd Rodri incident where he just falls over as his knee gives way as part of what Arsenal did xD 

17 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

You haven't really had the investment to do be doing much better than you are. Top 6 is about your level. Anything else is an overachevement 

I was expecting less than top 6 by virtue of a rather underwhelming summer,  that is not the concern.   The concern is that the Howe football that got him sacked at Bournemouth is back,  it borderline reckless with no semblance of role responsibility,  it is cavalier football that sees us getting absolutely destroyed on the counter attack with massive overloads.

I want the boring eddie back,  the guy that watched simeone and made us really difficult to beat.   It's what I like about Arsenal,  they loathe conceding goals

3 hours ago, MUFC said:

If this happened to a City player he'd still be rolling around today.

Threw the ball at Gabriel's head, randomly decided to start something after the match by telling Arteta to "stay humble" and proceeded to argue with Jesus for telling him to calm down, also told a debuting 17 year old "who the fuck are you?"

The guy is a complete prick.

VAR reviewed it and thought it was fine. We do anything and it's "the letter of the law". Throwing a ball to the back of an opponents head is apparently fine.

These dickhead pundits annoy me as well. When referees punish small situations it's great because it's the rule, when referees don't punish somewhat small situations it's great because you don't want to see that be a yellow card or a second yellow that ruins the game. Pick one you cunts.

And Dermot Gallagher on Sky Sports is a complete waste of time. Just there to do damage control for referees regardless of if he contradicts himself.