• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, MUFC said:

Do you pull their front legs apart?

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

That is the method I have heard, supposedly collapses their lungs. 

This is a complete and utter nonsense. Pulling a dog's front legs apart will not collapse their lungs or rip their heart or damage any other internal organs, killing the dog. If it's a smaller size dog, and if you have the strength, you might pull its legs out of the sockets and cause extreme pain and probably permanent injury. Most likely though, you won't have the strength, and it'll just make the dog more aggressive and violent. I would also like to see you try to do that to a big heavy dog lol. Seriously, what a shitty misconception. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, nudge said:

This is a complete and utter nonsense. Pulling a dog's front legs apart will not collapse their lungs or rip their heart or damage any other internal organs, killing the dog. If it's a smaller size dog, and if you have the strength, you might pull its legs out of the sockets and cause extreme pain and probably permanent injury. Most likely though, you won't have the strength, and it'll just make the dog more aggressive and violent. I would also like to see you try to do that to a big heavy dog lol. Seriously, what a shitty misconception. 

I only see it as a life or death scenario not for cheap kicks.

At the gym on the exercise needed I used to train with more than that gladiator in the 90s with the angry attitude and bad hairstyle so may be able to pull it off yet I don't intend to try as I say only in a life or death situation.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I only see it as a life or death scenario not for cheap kicks.

At the gym on the exercise needed I used to train with more than that gladiator in the 90s with the angry attitude and bad hairstyle so may be able to pull it off yet I don't intend to try as I say only in a life or death situation.

The point is, it's just a fake fact because it won't kill the dog, and it's also a dangerous advice because when you're reaching for the dog's front legs while he's in an attack mode, you're opening your vital areas (face, neck, head) for bites... If it's a life or death situation, use some kind of a weapon (stick, bat, knife, whatever), go for the dog's eyes, punch or kick behind the ribs, etc. If you're trying to protect someone who's being attacked, by far the best way to disable the dog is to get to him from behind, grab his collar, pull it up and twist. Once the dog is standing on his rear legs and his blood supply gets cut by his own weight as you continue to pull him up while twisting the collar, he'll stop attacking and will go limp in 10-15 seconds. If the dog is too large and heavy, elbow choke from behind instead. All of it is much more likely to work than the pulling front legs apart nonsense.

• Upvote 4

If you pull a dogs legs apart, they will dislocate from the socket. That’s it. That’s literally it. You’ll fuck up the brachial nerves (exactly like you would find in a human being that has a shoulder socket dislocation), but there’s absolutely no major anatomy such as heart or lungs attached. It’s basic anatomy. 

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The last Tasmanian Tiger Filmed in 1933.

There's actually an undergoing project to bring the species back to life. They fully decoded the Tasmanian Tiger genome in 2017, and the Thylacine Integrated Genomic Restoration Research lab has just received millions in funding to work on it. 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

There's actually an undergoing project to bring the species back to life. They fully decoded the Tasmanian Tiger genome in 2017, and the Thylacine Integrated Genomic Restoration Research lab has just received millions in funding to work on it. 

That is amazing. :o 

I read that there are actually still unconfirmed sightings of that animal reported up until very recently. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That is amazing. :o 

I read that there are actually still unconfirmed sightings of that animal reported up until very recently. 

Yep! There are quite a few de-extinction projects in the works (or rather in consideration) currently (wooly mammoths being the most talked-about one so far), and it's a controversial topic, but I'm very, very interested in it. 

I've read about those unconfirmed sightings too, but it's probably unlikely...

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yep! There are quite a few de-extinction projects in the works (or rather in consideration) currently (wooly mammoths being the most talked-about one so far), and it's a controversial topic, but I'm very, very interested in it. 

I've read about those unconfirmed sightings too, but it's probably unlikely...

One day they're gonna bring something back that kills us, right? Jurassic Park style. xD Very fascinating indeed though. I had no idea about that subject. I'll keep an eye on it in the future. :o 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

One day they're gonna bring something back that kills us, right? Jurassic Park style. xD Very fascinating indeed though. I had no idea about that subject. I'll keep an eye on it in the future. :o 

Yeah, very likely xD Or introduce some new mutant species that unexpectedly wrecks entire ecosystems. Although it's also interesting as one of the main arguments for de-extinction of wooly mammoths is the benefits it could allegedly bring for restoring arctic tundra and thus helping battle climate change. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, very likely xD Or introduce some new mutant species that unexpectedly wrecks entire ecosystems. Although it's also interesting as one of the main arguments for de-extinction of wooly mammoths is the benefits it could allegedly bring for restoring arctic tundra and thus helping battle climate change. 

Imagine seeing actual live Mammoth. The thought alone is mindblowing. 😅

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

The Dogo Argentino was bred to hunt wild boar and mountain lion. Morocho was a fierce hunter. He did suffer significant injuries but her recovered. I actually own one of his sons. Unfortunately Morocho past away in 2013. His legacy will live on through his many offspring. RIP Morocho

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Upvote 2