• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 30-31st December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Definitely, we honestly was shit and didn't really deserve to win, but to lose it like that is incredibly frustrating.

But we didn't lose mate!  You've turned into my iPhone and gone mental... I still can't restart it and have a frozen screen with the West Brom goal alert. xD

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

My phone gave the habitual alert for a goal (in this case the West Brom non penalty) and it seems to have been caught in a state of shock!  I can't even restart it and the screen is frozen... It's more of an Arsenal fan than I am! xD

Anyway... A draw it is then.  1-1 (FT)

That's Apple for you :ph34r:

Haven't seen the decision yet, but hopefully it'll be a catalyst to speed up the introduction of video reviews. A man can dream... 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

What's scary is he isn't. Nobody comes close to Jon Moss and then I'd rank Madley as worse as well.

You can forgive genuine errors, some offside decisions, fouls being inside or outside a box etc... which are the finest of margins but not stuff like that.

I'd rather have them in charge than Dean. I genuinely think he does these things to get attention although I do fucking hate Madley's face... xD

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

But we didn't lose mate!  You've turned into my iPhone and gone mental... I still can't restart it and have a frozen screen with the West Brom goal alert. xD

To lose the lead like that... :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Arsenal fans weren’t moaning about Dean when he gifted them decisions in the NLD. What goes around comes around. Well done Mike today, had the balls to make a big call and give West Brom what they deserved 

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Arsenal fans weren’t moaning about Dean when he gifted them decisions in the NLD. What goes around comes around. Well done Mike today, had the balls to make a big call and give West Brom what they deserved 

Hold on mate, I know what you're getting at but you complained about the Clatterburg stuff where he didn't do his job properly. How has a team ever deserved a penalty that wasn't a penalty?  How does that work?

One thing hasn't got anything to do with the other. The fact WBA may not have deserved to lose is by-the-by because we all know football is cruel more times than not. Football is about scoring more goals than your opponent and here we have an extraordinary occurance where the influence isn't what a team does but an authoratitive decision.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hold on mate, I know what you're getting at but you complained about the Clatterburg stuff where he didn't do his job properly. How has a team ever deserved a penalty that wasn't a penalty?  How does that work?

One thing hasn't got anything to do with the other. The fact WBA may not have deserved to lose is by-the-by because we all know football is cruel more times than not. Football is about scoring more goals than your opponent and here we have an extraordinary occurance where the influence isn't what a team does but an authoratitive decision.

Oh my friend - the second half of the post was pure wum. Nice way to end the year that. Never a pen.

The first point is valid though - obviously football fans pick and choose their gripes. Ultimately the standard of officiating in this country is as low right now as I can ever remember it 

It wasn't a penalty but neither was ours against Burnley so it swings and roundabouts. I'm glad var is coming in. The amount of stick referees get is ridiculous. They are bound to make some mistakes. The footballers on the pitch make a lot more mistakes than the referrees

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Oh my friend - the second half of the post was pure wum. Nice way to end the year that. Never a pen.

The first point is valid though - obviously football fans pick and choose their gripes. Ultimately the standard of officiating in this country is as low right now as I can ever remember it 

Mate... Officiating is terrible everywhere.  Just got back from Italy and I watched a number of games out there and in half of them people were complaining about mad decisions.  In Spain for example Real Madrid have had two offside goals given against them this season that weren't offside and Barcelona have had three goals that have clearly crossed the line (one by a whole metre) and not given. 

Theres a common occurence everywhere with all these errors and that's way to coincidental.  Technology is a must because even though as has been proven even that's not perfect (even VAR has had errors), it definitely helps the referees.  Football is getting quicker and trickier to officiate by the human eye on the run versus full blown athletes. 

I did think Palace had done well after seeing the draw but then found out they missed the penalty and thought bunch of plebs... 

Seriously good effort though by them... Are they not the first side in the league not to concede a goal against them?? 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I did think Palace had done well after seeing the draw but then found out they missed the penalty and thought bunch of plebs... 

Seriously good effort though by them... Are they not the first side in the league not to concede a goal against them?? 

Yep. 

Wolves the other side they didn't score against this season in the League Cup. 

6 hours ago, Storts said:

You're such a cheeky sod. I love you... :x

• The topic was unpinned

Archived