talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
On 4/18/2018 at 01:21, Bluewolf said:

No, just wanted to discuss... 

Didn't want to start talking about stuff in episode 3 if you had not got that far yet.. B|

Glad I asked now... xD

Just finished episode 3! p0404.gif

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Still finding it watchable??? 

Yes, absolutely! I actually love what they did with Dr. Smith - I think the actress is also doing a brilliant job because I honestly want to punch her in the face 90% of her screen time xD This is very different from the original, but I still like it.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yes, absolutely! I actually love what they did with Dr. Smith - I think the actress is also doing a brilliant job because I honestly want to punch her in the face 90% of her screen time xD This is very different from the original, but I still like it.

Superb!! That is exactly how I feel... xD Just watching the last 25 minutes of the last one and I will be done.. then we can have a catch up and thoughts.. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Right.. All done! 

Really enjoyed it actually... It will be interesting to compare as you go on with it.. 

I'll watch the rest of season 1 during the weekend, hopefully - although I accidentally read some spoilers and I'm not looking forward episode 6 :( Just need to find time for everything, especially considering Westworld airs tomorrow too...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I'll watch the rest of season 1 during the weekend, hopefully - although I accidentally read some spoilers and I'm not looking forward episode 6 :( Just need to find time for everything, especially considering Westworld airs tomorrow too...

Bit of a pain.. hate spoilers.. Well when you get the time.. I crammed mine because of Westworld, normally if I am watching 2 or 3 series on the go one of them suffers at some point.. Like you when I am busy or back at work my time and eyes willingness to keep focused is at a low priority level.. xD I try to do most of my cramming during my 4 days off late at night when all others are asleep... peace! 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 4/21/2018 at 18:02, Bluewolf said:

Bit of a pain.. hate spoilers.. Well when you get the time.. I crammed mine because of Westworld, normally if I am watching 2 or 3 series on the go one of them suffers at some point.. Like you when I am busy or back at work my time and eyes willingness to keep focused is at a low priority level.. xD I try to do most of my cramming during my 4 days off late at night when all others are asleep... peace! 

I just finished episode 6. I have two questions:

1. Can we please use Dr. Smith as a dinner snack for those fuel-ingesting eels or those weird, moth-hunting, oversized salamanders? She's absolutely infuriating xD Once again, I must say that the actress is doing a fantastic job though xD 

2. Please tell me the Robot is coming back and not as a tool for that nutcase I mentioned in question 1 :61_sob:

Love the show so far, by the way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I just finished episode 6. I have two questions:

1. Can we please use Dr. Smith as a dinner snack for those fuel-ingesting eels or those weird, moth-hunting, oversized salamanders? She's absolutely infuriating xD Once again, I must say that the actress is doing a fantastic job though xD 

2. Please tell me the Robot is coming back and not as a tool for that nutcase I mentioned in question 1 :61_sob:

Love the show so far, by the way.

xD She is a far more sinister character compared to the original who was more of a frightened bumbler who put people in danger due to a complete lack of common sense.. This Smith is devious, manipulative and downright dangerous for all concerned.. The only thing the old and the new have in common is bloody self preservation.. xD You are right about her acting though.. You just want something really nasty to happen to her or get her alone in the cargo bay and smack her up a bit or send her on that weather balloon trip and accidentally forget to anchor it down properly so full credit there she is totally owning that... 

The other thing is the vast difference between the Robots old and new... The old Robot was part of the crew but this one has other origins.. Very menacing and with zero personality compared to the old and certainly not to be messed with but liking it all the same.. I want one!!! B|

The other family members are interesting.. Not much difference for me between Penny & Judy, They seem to be almost the same personalities as the old so the fit is good, The parents are interesting with the mini power struggle going on between them and I think Don is an improvement over the old one as he has more of a maverick role as opposed to the more serious role of the original who hardly ever seemed to smile much or have anything remotely funny to say... Will seems a tad younger than the original but both seem to share the same type of loner in the group type character

I would love to tell you more about the Robot, If there was even anything to tell :ph34r: but I wouldn't want to lumber you with any spoilers , If there were indeed any to be had.... :ph34r: 

Enjoy!!! We can catch up again once you have seen the last 4.. :D

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD She is a far more sinister character compared to the original who was more of a frightened bumbler who put people in danger due to a complete lack of common sense.. This Smith is devious, manipulative and downright dangerous for all concerned.. The only thing the old and the new have in common is bloody self preservation.. xD You are right about her acting though.. You just want something really nasty to happen to her or get her alone in the cargo bay and smack her up a bit or send her on that weather balloon trip and accidentally forget to anchor it down properly so full credit there she is totally owning that... 

The other thing is the vast difference between the Robots old and new... The old Robot was part of the crew but this one has other origins.. Very menacing and with zero personalty compared to the old and certainly not to be messed with but liking it all the same.. I want one!!! B|

The other family members are interesting.. Not much difference for me between Penny & Judy they seem to be almost the same personalities as the old so the fit is good, The parents are interesting with the mini power struggle going on between them and I think Don is an improvement over the old one as he has more of a maverick role as opposed to the more serious role of the original who hardly ever seemed to smile much or have anything remotely funny to say... 

I would love to tell you more about the Robot, If there was even anything to tell :ph34r: but I wouldn't want to lumber you with any spoilers , If there were indeed any to be had.... :ph34r: 

Enjoy!!! We can catch up again once you have seen the last 4.. :D

The Jupiter just exploded!!! :61_sob:

I think the show warrants its own thread xD 

Edited by nudge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just started watching 'Deep State' and thinking about giving 'The Terror' a watch while I am off for a few days... 

The Terror is good, enjoyed it thoroughly, very well done and an interesting story.

Been meaning to watch Deep State, too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

The Terror is good, enjoyed it thoroughly, very well done and an interesting story.

Been meaning to watch Deep State, too.

Glad to hear that... It looks very good and didn't want it to be one that promised much and failed to deliver so I have held off a bit... 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Glad to hear that... It looks very good and didn't want it to be one that promised much and failed to deliver so I have held off a bit... 

I was cautious too, mostly because I always loved exploration stories and read a lot about expeditions to find the Northwest Passage and so on, so the fact that it's supposedly a "horror" series (not a fan of horror movies, haha) with some supernatural stuff added to the story kind of put me off, but I'm really glad I watched it.  Somewhat random, but The Adventures of Captain Hatteras was my first favourite book I can remember, particularly because of how well it depicted intense atmosphere and fear and terror people experienced in such harsh conditions (it was also based on Franklin's expedition), and this series is the first one to recreate it so well on the screen, it's really great.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I was cautious too, mostly because I always loved exploration stories and read a lot about expeditions to find the Northwest Passage and so on, so the fact that it's supposedly a "horror" series (not a fan of horror movies, haha) with some supernatural stuff added to the story kind of put me off, but I'm really glad I watched it.  Somewhat random, but The Adventures of Captain Hatteras was my first favourite book I can remember, particularly because of how well it depicted intense atmosphere and fear and terror people experienced in such harsh conditions (it was also based on Franklin's expedition), and this series is the first one to recreate it so well on the screen, it's really great.

I watched the first one last night... thought it was really good

Loved how they have managed to re-create those ice cold conditions and the sheer vast emptiness of it all..  When it pans out on the 2 ships at the end of the first episode you really do get that feeling of how small we really are in the world and how desperately alone they must have felt... Can you imagine how it must have been to have no contact with the outside world at all.. just them battling against the elements...  

They do seem to have tried to sell it as some sort of horror/supernatural type series from the clips I have seen and can only assume that they have done that to try and lure in a broader audience perhaps before serving them up some historical fact... Although it must be said that quite a bit of the old monster myth comes from the sea so having that element in it might not have been too far fetched... Talking of which, I doubt I could have done that sea dive when he cleared the ice from the propeller I think that would have freaked me out a bit... Looking downward into that darkness and not even being able to turn your head properly to see what's behind you because of the suit would have been so unnerving I think...  What if a monster came up up and wanted to nibble on me!! no thanks!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Any clues when do the Vikings return? It says in the 2018, no shit Sherlock i want the exact date.

No confirmed dates as of yet so you are just going to have to wait... learn Chess and do something constructive with your time while you wait.. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I watched the first one last night... thought it was really good

Loved how they have managed to re-create those ice cold conditions and the sheer vast emptiness of it all..  When it pans out on the 2 ships at the end of the first episode you really do get that feeling of how small we really are in the world and how desperately alone they must have felt... Can you imagine how it must have been to have no contact with the outside world at all.. just them battling against the elements...  

They do seem to have tried to sell it as some sort of horror/supernatural type series from the clips I have seen and can only assume that they have done that to try and lure in a broader audience perhaps before serving them up some historical fact... Although it must be said that quite a bit of the old monster myth comes from the sea so having that element in it might not have been too far fetched... Talking of which, I doubt I could have done that sea dive when he cleared the ice from the propeller I think that would have freaked me out a bit... Looking downward into that darkness and not even being able to turn your head properly to see what's behind you because of the suit would have been so unnerving I think...  What if a monster came up up and wanted to nibble on me!! no thanks!

The series is apparently an adaptation of the book by Dan Simmons, that's where the supernatural aspect comes from. But yes, I felt that it wasn't at the center of the story anyway, so can't complain, and as you said, somehow it doesn't even feel too far fetched. Glad you liked it so far! 

• The topic was pinned