talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Need to finish the latest season of Narcos.

Vikings has been mentioned to me a few times over the years, it's worth the watch right? Will get onto it when I finish Narcos.

Really enjoyed Vikings mate... I would recommend it.. 

It's worth watching just for Katheryn Winnick... B|

Related image

Starts of a bit slow in the beginning but builds and builds as each season goes by... Such a great watch

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yeah finished it last week. Only gets better mate. 

and better it got.

harrowing and baffling at the same time. Marjorie seems like more than just one handful to handle. Never heard about someone so manipulative. Came across so animalistic, volatile, attritional and aggressive. I couldn't deal with that person whether I was in Trey's shoes or someone defending her in court. 

At one point I thought was this Trey guy (the guy behind the documentary) was just doing it for some attention or just chasing lost causes. But then whenever thinking that, a new piece of info would come to light or he'd come across a different angle which another authority looked at.

I found it very easy to sympathise with Wells - not once did I think he was a 'coconspirator' in it all even when the FBI broached that idea. Thought that was very insensitive from them towards Wells' family. When you have 3 or 4 clear suspects in the planning of it, yet they still fancied the concept a poor innocent pizza delivery guy was in on it all along. Callous accusation from them.

It's sad that Rothstein died before he could be questioned more. Was more shocked than I thought I'd be when Hoopsick revealed her info right at the end and her involvement in it.

Just mad how it went on so long before any truths were revealed.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

and better it got.

harrowing and baffling at the same time. Marjorie seems like more than just one handful to handle. Never heard about someone so manipulative. Came across so animalistic, volatile, attritional and aggressive. I couldn't deal with that person whether I was in Trey's shoes or someone defending her in court. 

At one point I thought was this Trey guy (the guy behind the documentary) was just doing it for some attention or just chasing lost causes. But then whenever thinking that, a new piece of info would come to light or he'd come across a different angle which another authority looked at.

I found it very easy to sympathise with Wells - not once did I think he was a 'coconspirator' in it all even when the FBI broached that idea. Thought that was very insensitive from them towards Wells' family. When you have 3 or 4 clear suspects in the planning of it, yet they still fancied the concept a poor innocent pizza delivery guy was in on it all along. Callous accusation from them.

It's sad that Rothstein died before he could be questioned more. Was more shocked than I thought I'd be when Hoopsick revealed her info right at the end and her involvement in it.

Just mad how it went on so long before any truths were revealed.

Fairly certain Wells was forced to do it as well. The only reason both Marjorie and that other bloke kept on claiming that Wells was in on it, was that if convicted, they each would of gotten the death penalty if Wells was proven to be forced. 

Rothstein for me was the most scary. Bloke could fool a lie detector. 

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fairly certain Wells was forced to do it as well. The only reason both Marjorie and that other bloke kept on claiming that Wells was in on it, was that if convicted, they each would of gotten the death penalty if Wells was proven to be forced. 

Rothstein for me was the most scary. Bloke could fool a lie detector. 

Yeah Rothstein was a very dark and deep character. Makes you wonder how many other people like him there are in the world and how many cases are unsolved because of manipulative people like him who think they can beat the system, or in his case at times actually go ahead and do so. 

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah Rothstein was a very dark and deep character. Makes you wonder how many other people like him there are in the world and how many cases are unsolved because of manipulative people like him who think they can beat the system, or in his case at times actually go ahead and do so. 

Just goes to show that the lie detector test does fuck all. 

The bomb evidence in the video that the detectives overlooked :dam:

• Subscriber

Missions (2017)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6445112/

"The series focuses on the crew of a European collaboration spaceship which, with the funding of an eccentric Swiss billionaire, has designs on being the first manned craft to land on Mars. Much to the dismay of all on board however, just before the culmination of their 10-month journey to the Red Planet they are made aware of a video sent by a NASA ship that has overtaken them and already landed on the planet thanks to a revolutionary engine technology that cut the travel time to a fraction of what it was for the Europeans. The bad news doesn’t end there however, as the tape contains a cryptic warning from the Americans pleading with the crew not to land as something far too dangerous is happening on the surface. The crew then learns that the tape was sent days before and there has been no contact with the Americans since. The first episode ends with the crew managing a less than ideal landing on the surface of the planet and a cliffhanger promising there is more to the show than a simple jaunt through the solar system."

Science fiction the way it should be, Kubrick would have loved it. And I think at least some of you would enjoy it too. 

@Bluewolf @Tommy @Viva la FCB

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Missions (2017)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6445112/

"The series focuses on the crew of a European collaboration spaceship which, with the funding of an eccentric Swedish billionaire, has designs on being the first manned craft to land on Mars. Much to the dismay of all on board however, just before the culmination of their 10-month journey to the Red Planet they are made aware of a video sent by a NASA ship that has overtaken them and already landed on the planet thanks to a revolutionary engine technology that cut the travel time to a fraction of what it was for the Europeans. The bad news doesn’t end there however, as the tape contains a cryptic warning from the Americans pleading with the crew not to land as something far too dangerous is happening on the surface. The crew then learns that the tape was sent days before and there has been no contact with the Americans since. The first episode ends with the crew managing a less than ideal landing on the surface of the planet and a cliffhanger promising there is more to the show than a simple jaunt through the solar system."

Science fiction the way it should be, Kubrick would have loved it. And I think at least some of you would enjoy it too. 

@Bluewolf @Tommy @Viva la FCB

Sounds right up my street... cheers for the heads up 

* Found them... 10 episodes, will watch the first one tonight

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Sounds right up my street... cheers for the heads up 

No problem, hope you like it. My father recommended it to me yesterday, and I've been binge watching Season 1 today... Each episode is only 26 minutes, so it's very convenient, haha. Season 2 coming later this year.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

No problem, hope you like it. My father recommended it to me yesterday, and I've been binge watching Season 1 today... Each episode is only 26 minutes, so it's very convenient, haha. Season 2 coming later this year.

I thought there were 2 seasons when I first pulled it up but one is a similar sex related one called 'submissions' which must have been yanked up during my search... I hope I don't accidentally click on the wrong series by complete mistake.. These things tend to happen after a long day when my eyes get a bit sleepy and I can't focus properly on the keyboard... Having just double checked it they are 24 minutes long so it might all get a bit confusing... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I thought there were 2 seasons when I first pulled it up but one is a similar sex related one called 'submissions' which must have been yanked up during my search... I hope I don't accidentally click on the wrong series by complete mistake.. These things tend to happen after a long day when my eyes get a bit sleepy and I can't focus properly on the keyboard... Having just double checked it they are 24 minutes long so it might all get a bit confusing... :ph34r:

Now, I might just have to download that other one, too xD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Now, I might just have to download that other one, too xD 

It's actually called 'submission' and not 'submissions'... see my eyes are playing up already... 

Just googled what it's about and found this trailer... 

Some student/Teacher thing... was hoping for better.. xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's actually called 'submission' and not 'submissions'... see my eyes are playing up already... 

Just googled what it's about and found this trailer... 

Some student/Teacher thing... was hoping for better.. xD

I don't know, I googled it too and found something much better xD 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I don't know, I googled it too and found something much better xD 

That's more like it.... :D

* not that you would catch me watching anything like that............................ before midnight

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

On 06/08/2018 at 20:44, nudge said:

Finished watching all of season 1 now... Interesting

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Finished watching all of season 1 now... Interesting

I thought the very ending was a bit meh and anti-climactic, but I enjoyed the whole series a lot. Short episodes, but with a lot of substance... Looking forward to Season 2!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I thought the very ending was a bit meh and anti-climactic, but I enjoyed the whole series a lot. Short episodes, but with a lot of substance... Looking forward to Season 2!

I thought it was an interesting idea just not given the hollywood treatment or gloss if you like but still an ok watch.. I did find it amusing that those soldiers accents seemed to flick around a bit though.. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I thought it was an interesting idea just not given the hollywood treatment or gloss if you like but still an ok watch.. I did find it amusing that those soldiers accents seemed to flick around a bit though.. 

To be fair, lack of Hollywood gloss was one of the reasons why I enjoyed it so much, I thought it was classy and stylish xD I liked the characters, the cinematography, the plot and the topics they examined, especially all the stuff about artificial intelligence, human nature, the future (and the past) of humanity. Quite a few interesting ideas there, such as the origins of life on Mars and Earth, didn't expect that! For me, that's proper science fiction, very refreshing...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

To be fair, lack of Hollywood gloss was one of the reasons why I enjoyed it so much, I thought it was classy and stylish xD I liked the characters, the cinematography, the plot and the topics they examined, especially all the stuff about artificial intelligence, human nature, the future (and the past) of humanity. Quite a few interesting ideas there, such as the origins of life on Mars and Earth, didn't expect that! For me, that's proper science fiction, very refreshing...

Yea that was pretty good, not what I was expecting either... I think that's what gave it a nice little twist and some food for thought.. 

• The topic was pinned