talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Started watching You, and three episodes in and the only thing I feel is that this could have  been so much darker and better. It seems like a Gossip Girl version of a creepy dude story.

And what terrible plot holes. He is standing there, on the road in front of her giant window and she doesn't spot him? Or he is travelling everywhere with her boyfriend's mobile phone, including bringing it to his home and he won't be caught because that? Cause Indian true series regularly show how cell phones get registered in nearby towers and therefore you can tell their positions even on a latter date. 

Hopefully, this gets better in the coming episodes. 

She is poor man's Evan Rachel Wood. Still cute though. 

Spot on. 

Peaches on the other hand :x

To be fair, I had the same feedback before I started (about the first few episodes being underwhelming) but it does get better and darker somewhat. 

I think you're thinking too much about phones and cell towers especially considering Beck probably doesn't give a shit that much about it. It seemed to be an on-off thing with Benji so she probably wasn't that bothered, especially with Joe on her mind.

Peaches is better when she doesn't speak xD 

• Subscriber
On 18/01/2019 at 02:34, nudge said:

Just started watching Wayne after I stumbled upon it by accident today. And it's sooooo good.

Wayne, a 16 year-old Dirty Harry with a heart of gold, sets out on a dirtbike from Boston to Florida with his new friend Del to get back the shit-hot 78' Trans-Am that was stolen from his father before he died. An action comedy, it's John Wick via John Hughes.

Exactly the stuff I would have loved as a 16 year old and after I watched the first episode I just realised I still do :7_sweat_smile: You know; the rebellious teen against the world stuff; typical teenage angst; pessimism, disillusionment and social estrangement. Funny and gritty at the same time. Like The Catcher of the Rye, James Dean, The Outsiders, On the Road and the likes... Good stuff.

Just finished watching this yesterday. Great show; action packed with unfiltered violence and dark over-the-top humour.

• Administrator

Finished You. Somewhat predictable ending with Beck making that find. Was no other way out for Joe. 

Quite enjoyed the whole series though. Been left open for a 2nd series too... 

I also finished it, enjoyed it quite a bit on the whole. Nice and trashy entertainment. Think I've developed a bit of a crush on Beck. 

Whoever said Anikka was fitter is weird. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1

On 24/01/2019 at 10:08, Bluewolf said:

Just finished Ray Donovan season 2.. don't know how I missed this first time around

Just started Sopranos as well... 

Interesting to hear your thoughts on sops. Ive never rewatched but at the time it was profound TV.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Rick said:

I also finished it, enjoyed it quite a bit on the whole. Nice and trashy entertainment. Think I've developed a bit of a crush on Beck. 

Whoever said Anikka was fitter is weird. 

She's his 'type' apparently. The boy is deluded because Beck is clearly hotter.

13 hours ago, nudge said:

Just caught up with the latest episode of Manifest. Anyone else watching? Love me a good mystery.

I am. Intriguing show. I'm quite enjoying it I just hope the writers have a clear plan as to how they can explain the flight gap that doesn't go down the path of Lost.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I am. Intriguing show. I'm quite enjoying it I just hope the writers have a clear plan as to how they can explain the flight gap that doesn't go down the path of Lost.

Haha I loved LOST so I wouldn't mind...

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha I loved LOST so I wouldn't mind...

I never watched it. But from what I gathered the writers got themselves more and more into a corner as each new season came along that by the end the was little alternative than the ending they went with. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Harry said:

I never watched it. But from what I gathered the writers got themselves more and more into a corner as each new season came along that by the end the was little alternative than the ending they went with. 

I loved the ending and for me the show was perfect... To be fair those who complained about the ending were mostly those who didn't understand it and rolled their eyes claiming "OMG so stupid; they were dead the entire time!" when it was clearly stated in the finale that it wasn't the case. 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

I loved the ending and for me the show was perfect... To be fair those who complained about the ending were mostly those who didn't understand it and rolled their eyes claiming "OMG so stupid; they were dead the entire time!" when it was clearly stated in the finale that it wasn't the case. 

Image result for spoiler gif

Well that's the end of that then... 

Last season of Lost is now dead to me... 

Just now, nudge said:

How am I spoiling if it didn't actually happen?... xD 

It was a bit of a light hearted dig at those people you were talking about... Even though they made it clear they were not dead, and then you made it clear that was not the case.. I just rolled my eyes and said.. oh that's such a stupid ending!! choosing of course to completely ignore what you actually said..

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It was a bit of a light hearted dig at those people you were talking about... Even though they made it clear they were not dead, and then you made it clear that was not the case.. I just rolled my eyes and said.. oh that's such a stupid ending!! choosing of course to completely ignore what you actually said..

Your comment went over my head just like LOST went over the heads of many who complain about it...

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Your comment went over my head just like LOST went over the heads of many who complain about it...

I never did get to finish it, me and the other half used to watch it... can't remember why we stopped

Edited by Bluewolf

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I never did get to finish it, me and the other half used to watch it... can't remember why we stopped

Probably got scared off by the smoke monster :ph34r:

I even rewatched it multiple times :D Easily one of my favourite shows ever.

On 25/01/2019 at 09:25, Harry said:

Interesting to hear your thoughts on sops. Ive never rewatched but at the time it was profound TV.

I am only 3 episodes in, for some reason the first episode of the first season was not available to me so had to skip that and jump to episode 2... So far so good, I am liking the interaction between him and his therapist, she seems to be able to handle his angry outbursts with ease.. His mother is a stony faced stubborn woman but also very manipulative... Some very funny moments in it as well... Also note that Drea de Matteo is in it, she was also in SOA 

Also on a side note she is engaged to Whitesnake bassist Michael Devine who proposed to her during one of their concerts.. 

• The topic was pinned