talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Watching YOU on Netflix. Very good so far. Currently six or seven deep into this and very good stuff thus far. 

Promising. Added it to My List the other day as saw the ads on FB. 

• Administrator

Anyone watching that Icons series on BBC Two. Categories of Activist, Scientist, Explorer, Leader, Sports Star and maybe one other. 

Trevor Mcdonald chose his leaders on Tuesday and Dermot O'Leary picked his explorers yesterday. The other episodes are next week but public are asked to vote from the presenters choices. Winner of each category goes in to a grand final next Thursday and the ultimate icon of the 20th century is chosen. 

Yesterday's was pretty good -  didn't know who Gertrude Bell was but she was quite revolutionary in exploring the middle East. There was also Jane Goodall who exploded parts of Africa in the hunt for getting close to chimpanzees and also opening the world's eyes to conserving these areas before they get wiped out and lost forever. 

Surprised that Attenborough wasn't chosen though? 

• Subscriber

Just finished season 1 of Netflix's Seven Seconds unfortunate to find out the shooting of the second season was axed about 5 weeks after the release of the first (back in Feb/March). I guess the viewership numbers werent what they where hoping for as most of the reviews I saw where fairly positive. Its a bit of a slow burner but the acting is incredible, the character building was a huge focus. Im fine with it as a standalone season as it wrapped up the current story, you're not left with any cliff hangers. They had planned to do seperate stories much like True Detective and A Night Of so I dont feel cheated at least.

Nothing groundbreaking for a story but It was really put together. The premise; A cop on his way to the hospital to see his pregnant wife giving birth hits a young black kid with his car in a park and his team covers it up and sends him on his way. Takes place in New Jersey so it has the whole racial aspect and gang background going on. Anyways not going to say to much more but its worth a watch just for the acting on display alone, the boys parents where phenomenal. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

On 15/01/2019 at 18:33, Pyfish said:

Getting into Greys Anatomy at the minute with the housemate. She's on Season 15 and I'm halfway through Season 3 so I've got some catching up to do.

I actually think the first season is very good. And it remains good until Izzy finds that heart patient. It went downhill after that.

The OST though is good. It introduced me to some really good artists. 

On 14/01/2019 at 19:24, Viva la FCB said:

Just finished season 1 of Netflix's Seven Seconds unfortunate to find out the shooting of the second season was axed about 5 weeks after the release of the first (back in Feb/March). I guess the viewership numbers werent what they where hoping for as most of the reviews I saw where fairly positive. Its a bit of a slow burner but the acting is incredible, the character building was a huge focus. Im fine with it as a standalone season as it wrapped up the current story, you're not left with any cliff hangers. They had planned to do seperate stories much like True Detective and A Night Of so I dont feel cheated at least.

Nothing groundbreaking for a story but It was really put together. The premise; A cop on his way to the hospital to see his pregnant wife giving birth hits a young black kid with his car in a park and his team covers it up and sends him on his way. Takes place in New Jersey so it has the whole racial aspect and gang background going on. Anyways not going to say to much more but its worth a watch just for the acting on display alone, the boys parents where phenomenal. 

Seven seconds is gripping.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I actually think the first season is very good. And it remains good until Izzy finds that heart patient. It went downhill after that.

The OST though is good. It introduced me to some really good artists. 

I absolutely hated that storyline! I agree about the OST - it is very good. Meredith is just gorgeous too which helps with viewing!

• Subscriber

Just started watching Wayne after I stumbled upon it by accident today. And it's sooooo good.

Wayne, a 16 year-old Dirty Harry with a heart of gold, sets out on a dirtbike from Boston to Florida with his new friend Del to get back the shit-hot 78' Trans-Am that was stolen from his father before he died. An action comedy, it's John Wick via John Hughes.

Exactly the stuff I would have loved as a 16 year old and after I watched the first episode I just realised I still do :7_sweat_smile: You know; the rebellious teen against the world stuff; typical teenage angst; pessimism, disillusionment and social estrangement. Funny and gritty at the same time. Like The Catcher of the Rye, James Dean, The Outsiders, On the Road and the likes... Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
On 15/01/2019 at 12:43, Rick said:

Two episodes into The Haunting Of Hill House. Still early, but I'm really liking it so far. I like that it's seemingly not your run of the mill scary ghost series.

Pretty much how I felt. It doesn't do the gimmicky scary stuff often either and the timing of any kind of scary stuff is well planned.

Theo is hot :x. Older version obviously xD 

The only thing I didn't like is that there's a lot of flashbacks to the younger days and I don't like younger Hugh's character (later found out he played Elliott in ET!). 

I've seen it to the end so won't spoil it and let you make your own assertions but for me, I wasn't much a fan of how it ended. The lead up to it is obviously in fitting with how good the earlier episodes are though.

Having watched the whole thing I come away very satisfied. I liked the ending. I enjoyed the flashbacks as much as the present day too, and although I felt the same about younger Hugh at first, I warmed to him quite a bit.

I loved how the whole series was directed by the one man, Flanagan (who did the great Gerald's game) as it really helped set and keep the theme and storytelling strong throughout. I was very impressed by it all in all, I don't want to get into details for those that haven't watched but I would urge you to check it out. 

PS:Theo is very hot indeed.

• The topic was pinned