talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

13 hours ago, nudge said:

@El_Loco have you watched O Mecanismo yet? Seems to be getting great reviews, sounds interesting too!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6873658/

No, I haven´t watched it. As a self-hating brazilian, I suspect the quality of any brazilian production. xD The specialized critic review is what you expect from a brazilian series, shallow characters and dialogue, lots of cliché, some hot sex scenes and an average final product.

Seriously though, most of those reviews on IMDB are politically driven. The series deal with the Car Wash operation and with different names, Sergio Moro, Lula and Dilma Roussef are all represented. The left hated the series and some nutjobs even called for a Netflix boycott due to the series. On the other hand, the right embraced the series and this is why you see that 9,2 rating on IMDB. I truly hate both sides at this point. Their groupthink, idiocy and radicalism are just appaling. 

This is just another chapter in the Cold Civil War we´re living. The whole thing could blow up any time soon. 

P.S. : Sorry for my SirBalon rant. xD

• Sad 1

On 20/03/2018 at 03:16, ...Dan said:

Finished Altered Carbon (really liked it) recently and now, despite not being a Marvel fan (I generally avoid the films because they're all the same) I've been convinced by a friend to give Jessica Jones a try. Watched 4 episodes so far and it's surprisingly good.

With the movies i agree.  anf with marvel agents of shield.

But have caught all the netflix series from marvel and they are all on point. 

Iron Fist and Daredevil were my favourites. 

Recent watches include:

Black Lightning. Shooter. Vikings season 5. Designated survivor. 

The highlight was Homeland seasons 5 and 6. I forgot how addictive that show was. 

Currently watching Manhunt: Unabomber and liking it so far. 

• Subscriber
On 3/10/2018 at 06:54, Bluewolf said:

I see Netflix has done a remake of the old Lost In Space... looks really interesting, out on the 13th April

10 episodes are out now! Just watched the pilot, and I'm actually surprised, didn't expect to enjoy it but I did :D Have you watched it yet?

14 hours ago, nudge said:

10 episodes are out now! Just watched the pilot, and I'm actually surprised, didn't expect to enjoy it but I did :D Have you watched it yet?

I have nothing coming up on my viewing outlets just yet but will be keeping my beady eyes open for it.... Glad to hear at least the pilot has started it all off ok..

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I have nothing coming up on my viewing outlets just yet but will be keeping my beady eyes open for it.... Glad to hear at least the pilot has started it all off ok..

Yes, It's that old, a bit cheesy, 60s "family-friendly" feeling about it :D Love it. Definitely not for everyone, but I think it's a good Sunday afternoon family entertainment.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yes, It's that old, a bit cheesy, 60s "family-friendly" feeling about it :D Love it. Definitely not for everyone, but I think it's a good Sunday afternoon family entertainment.

Perfect!! :D

Back off to work now but will have another scout tonight when I get back in... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Perfect!! :D

Back off to work now but will have another scout tonight when I get back in... 

Drop me a message if you need a link to a stream later, hehe. Otherwise, it's on Netflix.

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Drop me a message if you need a link to a stream later, hehe. Otherwise, it's on Netflix.

Good news... Just seen my updated source and all 10 episodes are ready to watch... That's my next few nights of viewing sorted :D

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
On 15/04/2018 at 13:25, Harry said:

Just starting on season 1 of prison break.  Enjoying it so far but defs wondering how a show about a prison escape can be drawn out for 4-5 seasons.

you'll be pleasantly surprised for the first couple of seasons at least. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Only watched the pilot, haven't had time for more hehe. Why? Does it become unwatchable? 

No, just wanted to discuss... 

Didn't want to start talking about stuff in episode 3 if you had not got that far yet.. B|

Glad I asked now... xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

No, just wanted to discuss... 

Didn't want to start talking about stuff in episode 3 if you had not got that far yet.. B|

Glad I asked now... xD

Phew, had me worried for a second there :D 

Have an urgent project to finish before Friday, but will probably binge-watch the rest of the episodes afterwards! 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Have an urgent project to finish before Friday, but will probably binge-watch the rest of the episodes afterwards! 

xD I have just found it interesting how they have gone about certain things in comparison to the original series... not that I would expect anyone of your youthful age to have seen it first time around... B|

Joking aside I am sure you have seen the re-runs... xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD I have just found it interesting how they have gone about certain things in comparison to the original series... not that I would expect anyone of your youthful age to have seen it first time around... B|

Joking aside I am sure you have seen the re-runs... xD

I watched it on TV in early 90s :P Along with I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, M*A*S*H, Get Smart, Gilligan's Island and maaaaany others :D 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

is any one watching The Island with Bear Grylls?

Been on for a few weeks but just catching up now. He's sent in two groups - rich, elitist and poor, working class.

They both made it to the beach and a few of the 'poor' group went over to say hello and they got plainly ignored by the rich. The rich didn't want to talk to them or interact and acted like they wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick. Unbelievably rude and arrogant. 

On 4/17/2018 at 18:25, nudge said:

It's Friday!!! Where are you with your project?? 

I will be watching the last episode tonight.. 

• Haha 1

• The topic was pinned