Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Winter Olympics 2018

Anyone been watching? Love the snowboard events and the madness of luge in particular. 

We got two women into the final 12 of the moguls which is a bit mad! 

I sometimes prefer this to the Summer Olympics. Seems like there's more adrenaline throughout this sporting event. 

Love ski-jumping, all the snowboarding events and weirdly, curling xD. Some guy tripped on a curling stone the other day.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stan said:

my favourite picture

DV2q3HDWAAAoHJX.jpg

Yesterday he did the same at the medal ceremony for a joke. 

20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Felt sorry for Christie got pushed over in the race. The catch up is shit can hardly watch anything

She fell over

2 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

She fell over

Bollocks. The Dutch scater road over her hand I just watched it. I know your Dutch mate but at least try not to be so biased

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Bollocks. The Dutch scater road over her hand I just watched it. I know your Dutch mate but at least try not to be so biased

Was an accident, happens in that style of skating.

6 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Was an accident, happens in that style of skating.

Didn't say she did it on purpose. Just said she got knocked over

35 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Didn't say she did it on purpose. Just said she got knocked over

Think she fell over in the last olympics also, bad luck. 

football forum

Theres literally no coverage of this here in South America. I would have expected it on Fox Sports Argentina, which we have or ESPN but nothing. Didn't even know the day it was starting. Shame too as I do enjoy these but I can't be arsed to find a stream of something I'm technically not interested in.

Normally enjoy it too, especially biathlon, luge, and ski jumping, but barely had time to watch any of it so far...

9 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Think she fell over in the last olympics also, bad luck. 

She got penalised at the last Olympics I think

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Theres literally no coverage of this here in South America. I would have expected it on Fox Sports Argentina, which we have or ESPN but nothing. Didn't even know the day it was starting. Shame too as I do enjoy these but I can't be arsed to find a stream of something I'm technically not interested in.

There's a similar thing with the cops America over here. Its on premier sports who no ones even heard of.

On at a decent time for me. Going to try stream Scotty James v Shaun White for the snowboard half pipe gold this morning in class...

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

On at a decent time for me. Going to try stream Scotty James v Shaun White for the snowboard half pipe gold this morning in class...

Is there much interest in Australia mate? 

Totally forgot to stream it :(

Media is all over it. It's on tv like 8 hours a day. Or more. General public not sure..

I pretty much like all winter Olympic events except for curling and speed skating. 

Slope style snowboarding is right up there though. 

Germany dominating this shit. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. 

The half pipe events are brilliant, Some of the stuff the athletes are able to pull off is impressive but the standard is so high that one slight mistake and they are out of contention just like that.

Ski Cross is the one. Think that starts next Wednesday. It reminds me of the BMX at the Olympics. If you have never watched it, it is fucking immense.

You have all the racers come out the gate at once, skiing downhill chasing one another and if you're lucky, you'll get to see them take eachother out. Absolute carnage just like the BMX. Love those events.

Check this out for a finish to a race...

On 2/14/2018 at 10:05, Harry said:

I pretty much like all winter Olympic events except for curling and speed skating. 

Slope style snowboarding is right up there though. 

What do you have against Curling? Its actually one of my favorite events. Can't say speed skating is too bad but I can see where the dullness factor does creep in.'

On a side note, what a game of hockey between the US and CAN (Womens). Went down to the wire.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What do you have against Curling? Its actually one of my favorite events.

Same here. It's interesting to watch as it involves tactics and thinking from the players. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Same here. It's interesting to watch as it involves tactics and thinking from the players. 

Agreed. Its like watching pool but with a team element to it. Some of the plays from Sochi were ridiculous and I can't wait to see how things go this time.