• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Friday 23rd March - Netherlands 0-1 England

football forum

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Welbeck's dropping deep instead of Vardy which is odd because that's what Vardy has been doing more of this season xD.

But Vardy has not had a touch yet which is disappointing.

Pickford has looked sharp. I think Holland could have equalised with Hart in goal. From what I have seen of him this season I would take a gamble on him. If you're good enough you're old enough

• Administrator
1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Maguire off??

played extra-time on Sunday and came on right from the start pretty much today anyway.

Surprised Mawson/Tarkowski didn't come on, even for 5 minutes??

• The title was changed to Friday 23rd March - Netherlands 0-1 England
  • Administrator

Deserved win for England. Holland weren't great and England weren't that much better in the first half but they upped it in the 2nd half and controlled it most of the game.

Good points - Walker, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Maguire, Lingard, Pickford

Bad points - Alli, Vardy, Rose, Southgate's CB selection

The good outweighs the bad and it was a 'job done for a friendly' kind of performance. Nothing too awe-inspiring but not totally dire either.

Good win tonight. Southgates first against a big side I think. Glad we held out because that's what you need to do sometimes

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Glenn Hoddle more so.

Can't stand the cunt. 

Hoddle is a bit dry, he’s better sitting in the studio as a pundit. I don’t actually mind him too much (which goes against what most people think I believe) and I was impressed with him as a pundit when he use to be on Sky Sports. He’s probably more suited as a pundit in the studio instead of commentating though. A fantastic player in his day which is also why I probably cut him some slack.

Tyldesley really grates on you though.

Lee Dixon is also dreadful and the main presenter (forget his name but don’t really care for it either to be honest).

We had a lot of good build up play last night. It was just that cutting edge that we missed that is the difference between a close 1-0 win and a 3/4-0 stuffing. 

Ironic, that we had that golden generation of talent and in this era we are crying out for one, just one midfielder with the talent of a Scholes, Gerrard or Lampard to be the talisman of the midfield.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

I only saw the second half and wasn't watching fully but from what I saw the shape seemed to work well containing the Dutch attack and we seemed to carry enough of a threat with our forward movement. Stick Kane in that attack as a focal point and you might actually be talking about England as a side who can make a decent account of themselves and eventually lose to a France or a Brazil this time instead of an Iceland or a Uruguay.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I only saw the second half and wasn't watching fully but from what I saw the shape seemed to work well containing the Dutch attack and we seemed to carry enough of a threat with our forward movement. Stick Kane in that attack as a focal point and you might actually be talking about England as a side who can make a decent account of themselves and eventually lose to a France or a Brazil this time instead of an Iceland or a Uruguay.

No shame in losing to that Uruguay side...though a lot of shame in the way we lost.

100 England fans arrested. While I have no doubt the majority of them were rightly arrested  (see chucking pints over passers by and chucking bikes in the canal videos), i've also seen videos of Dutch police walking around the corner and attacking England fans that were just having a drink.

Some England fans are still cunts, but police on the continent are unlawful. 

These England fans are going tog et seriously filled in, in Russia. Fuck going to Russia.

7 minutes ago, Marc said:

100 England fans arrested. While I have no doubt the majority of them were rightly arrested  (see chucking pints over passers by and chucking bikes in the canal videos), i've also seen videos of Dutch police walking around the corner and attacking England fans that were just having a drink.

These England fans are going tog et seriously filled in, in Russia. Fuck going to Russia.

You'd have to be mad to go to Russia with a group of lads. Families will probably be ok.

Part of the problem in this country our police are heavily scrutinised and cut back to the point where all force has to be justified, all complaints are investigated, and nobody wants to be held accountable for another riot. You don't get that abroad. Its created a false perception in this country that you can be a big group and behave in an anti social manner, cause low level crime and not face any repercussions.

There's a strong arguement we'e gone too far the opposite way with our scrutiny of Police (stabbings in London increasing correlating with the decline of stop and search being the obvious example) but on the whole we definitely have a better balance in comparison to the rest of the world.

56 minutes ago, Marc said:

Police are in their right, 100s of British people come to Amsterdam every weekend without hardly any problems, where are the police there? but when theres football they act like cunts so they will be dealt with like cunts these fans., they were causing trouble all day, there are other people like locals or tourists in the centre to think of. 

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Police are in their right, 100s of British people come to Amsterdam every weekend without hardly any problems, where are the police there? but when theres football they act like cunts so they will be dealt with like cunts. 

Is it true what they were saying about the drinking zone having to be lifted? When was the last time that happened?

9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Is it true what they were saying about the drinking zone having to be lifted? When was the last time that happened?

Yes they had to stop serving drinks in that area but had to lift it as so many were still able to get drinks in other places,  I can never ever remember that happening, maybe in Euro 2000 but there was not so much trouble. Considering what goes on in that part of Amsterdam is very small area now but some people just go so far overboard, England seems to have these young chavy type of fans now attracting the following fan base.

Mostly due to Ajax and feyenoord is such a big rivals between the fans but they have been banned traveling to each others stadiums for the last 20 years due to a killing.  So there is only very little trouble now in Amsterdam unless when ADO or Utrecht play but they are only small numbers.  The Dutch National team does not have a hooligan following due to the fact the club sides fans do not like each other, so they do not tend to follow the national side.     The only other problem the police were worried about I heard is that the F Side of Ajax were planning to turn up to fight with English but they were kept away.

Archived