• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Ousmane Dembélé

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Unused substitute this weekend. Does he need to look elsewhere this summer?

not at all.

He'll come good at Barcelona but he's had a tough time of it so far. Still got injury problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is still very young but he also needs to believe in himself.  From what I'm hearing, he's withdrawn into himself and has questionable habits that haven't united him with his teammates.  Plus his injuries!

There is something going on there but I would expect that in the end he'll be fine because he is extremely talented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dembele  also has to start against Malaga so that he's ready for Chelsea, a game I believe he's needed in as it gives Chelsea something else to think about. The lad just needs a run in the side and and confidence will grow. His talent is evident and you can see this when he starts running at players but he just needs to get back into his groove after a difficult start of two injuries in succession. He's only 20, he's still learning and developing his allround game and is always going to still be raw at this age. An assist and goal or two and the confidence will start flowing.

He looked dangerous on the left tonight. A very skilful tricky player who can definitely be one of the world's best if he can avoid serious injuries and has the right attitude. It's also got to be noted that German football is different to the Spanish game, where they defend deeper. He's more used to smashing teams with his frightening pace on the counter rather than having to break down parked busses. He has to adapt to this and also to a brand new team where the expectations are a lot higher and they employ a different system to what he's accustomed to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dembele has a scary resemblance to Pele when he runs with that ball. Do you not think @El_Loco? I'm not saying he is that type of level of footballer as him but he has a scary resemblance to him in the way he runs and dribbles with the ball.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Dembele  also has to start against Malaga so that he's ready for Chelsea, a game I believe he's needed in as it gives Chelsea something else to think about. The lad just needs a run in the side and and confidence will grow. His talent is evident and you can see this when he starts running at players but he just needs to get back into his groove after a difficult start of two injuries in succession. He's only 20, he's still learning and developing his allround game and is always going to still be raw at this age. An assist and goal or two and the confidence will start flowing.

He looked dangerous on the left tonight. A very skilful tricky player who can definitely be one of the world's best if he can avoid serious injuries and has the right attitude. It's also got to be noted that German football is different to the Spanish game, where they defend deeper. He's more used to smashing teams with his frightening pace on the counter rather than having to break down parked busses. He has to adapt to this and also to a brand new team where the expectations are a lot higher and they employ a different system to what he's accustomed to.

Dembélé has been pulled up on various occasions by the training staff already mate. Apparently he lives a very disorganised lifestyle and he eats what he wants without respecting the diet the nutritionists put forward for each individual player...  There's also the game against Atlético Madrid where Valverde put him out to warm-up on the touch line and within 5 minutes he was ordered to sit down again by Valverde with a face that can be best described as being pretty pissed off which apparently was due to the lack of intensity Dembélé was giving on the sidelines.

Remember that there are stories going back to his time at BvB which are similar to these ones where he had the training staff at the German club punishing him for similar misdemeanours.

You can't do this at Barcelona (at any club for that matter) because all the players live by a strict regime as that's part of the sacrifice you have to deliver in return for playing for the club and at this level.  Aside from those issues, it's true that his injuries have to be taken into account which has stunted his start for the club but then again muscle injuries do tend to occur more when you are eating rubbish food... Plus he needs to shake off the fact he was signed after Neymar departed to PSG which seems to be a black cloud above his head and things like those have stunted players historically at other clubs due to expectation.

All the same, it's in Ousmane Dembélé's own hands to put in what's required and to earn his place in the starting lineup because Coutinho arrived with a massive transfer fee on his shoulders and has hit the ground running with everyone in the football world praising what he's delivered so far.  In truth, Coutinho does have past La Liga experience though and this should be noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will he do this? Will he do that? Will he justify the fee? Yadda, yadda, yadda. People should be more concerned about his reoccurring injuries before 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Dembélé has been pulled up on various occasions by the training staff already mate. Apparently he lives a very disorganised lifestyle and he eats what he wants without respecting the diet the nutritionists put forward for each individual player...  There's also the game against Atlético Madrid where Valverde put him out to warm-up on the touch line and within 5 minutes he was ordered to sit down again by Valverde with a face that can be best described as being pretty pissed off which apparently was due to the lack of intensity Dembélé was giving on the sidelines.

Remember that there are stories going back to his time at BvB which are similar to these ones where he had the training staff at the German club punishing him for similar misdemeanours.

You can't do this at Barcelona (at any club for that matter) because all the players live by a strict regime as that's part of the sacrifice you have to deliver in return for playing for the club and at this level.  Aside from those issues, it's true that his injuries have to be taken into account which has stunted his start for the club but then again muscle injuries do tend to occur more when you are eating rubbish food... Plus he needs to shake off the fact he was signed after Neymar departed to PSG which seems to be a black cloud above his head and things like those have stunted players historically at other clubs due to expectation.

All the same, it's in Ousmane Dembélé's own hands to put in what's required and to earn his place in the starting lineup because Coutinho arrived with a massive transfer fee on his shoulders and has hit the ground running with everyone in the football world praising what he's delivered so far.  In truth, Coutinho does have past La Liga experience though and this should be noted.

He does seem to act like a stroppy teenager at times and he even behaved like a clown when forcing his move from Dortmund, but Neymar himself wasn't any better and that was a worry at first itself when the Brazilian was first signed, although he seemed to mature alot in this regard due to the influence from the players around him at he club. This is until he went to PSG where he has become that same person he once was. So we'll see what happens as the people around you can have a big influence on you and maybe this will be the case with Dembele.

You can't really compare him to Coutinho to be fair. Dembele was always going to be raw and a player that needed patience and this was even discussed when he was signed in how he can't be expected to hit the ground running. Coutinho on the other hand is a ready made fully established player and he himself took time to adapt to Liverpool at a similar age.

As you say though, he certainly needs to make adjustments to his lifestyle or it could end up being a case of yet another talented player who fails to live up to his hype. What I will say though is that the ability and talent is certainly there to see.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

 

He does seem to act like a stroppy teenager at times and he even behaved like a clown when forcing his move from Dortmund, but Neymar himself wasn't any better and that was a worry at first itself when the Brazilian was first signed, although he seemed to mature alot in this regard due to the influence from the players around him at he club. This is until he went to PSG where he has become that same person he once was. So we'll see what happens as the people around you can have a big influence on you and maybe this will be the case with Dembele.

You can't really compare him to Coutinho to be fair. Dembele was always going to be raw and a player that needed patience and this was even discussed when he was signed in how he can't be expected to hit the ground running. Coutinho on the other hand is a ready made fully established player and he himself took time to adapt to Liverpool at a similar age.

As you say though, he certainly needs to make adjustments to his lifestyle or it could end up being a case of yet another talented player who fails to live up to his hype. What I will say though is that the ability and talent is certainly there to see.

I agree mate, the talent is there and only a moron that doesn't follow football would say otherwise.  But this is the pantheon of club football and he's at one of the biggest clubs on the planet which means there's no hiding to be done and no ego to be managed either.  If he either needs his ego caressed or needs a kick up the arse from the coaching staff and those that look after the players best interests, then I hope that happens because right now he's nobody and at this moment in time there are Barça 'B' team players showing more reasons to be selected in the 'A' team than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree mate, the talent is there and only a moron that doesn't follow football would say otherwise.  But this is the pantheon of club football and he's at one of the biggest clubs on the planet which means there's no hiding to be done and no ego to be managed either.  If he either needs his ego caressed or needs a kick up the arse from the coaching staff and those that look after the players best interests, then I hope that happens because right now he's nobody and at this moment in time there are Barça 'B' team players showing more reasons to be selected in the 'A' team than him.

Anelka 2.0

:coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Anelka 2.0

:coffee:

At the moment he hasn’t related his treatment to that of a donestic pet which is something Anelka done everywhere played. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2018 at 19:49, The Rebel CRS said:

Dembele has a scary resemblance to Pele when he runs with that ball. Do you not think @El_Loco? I'm not saying he is that type of level of footballer as him but he has a scary resemblance to him in the way he runs and dribbles with the ball.

 

Never thought about it. I´ll pay attention now that you´ve mentioned.

On Dembélé, I think it´s early to call him a flop. The potential is there and he is very young. Barça should be patient. But at the same time it´s fair to say his first season has been a big disappointment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2018 at 02:35, Teso dos Bichos said:

Still young ??? For that ridiculous fee, no way in fucking he'll that's a reasonable excuse. For a young academy player or a young player bought for a cheap fee/free (Solanke) Typical cules, they are up there with the liverscum lot when it comes to excuses.

And for fuck sakes, leave pele out of this thread! This thread is all about the most expensive/not effective prospect ever!!! If dembele is worth what Barcelona paid, Pogba and Neymar are worth 3times what their respective clubs paid.

We can't really compare him to the mighty Pogba though, as that would be unfair. Nobody compares to Pogba, he's the greatest player to have ever graced a pitch and the impact he's having on the sport is something I've never seen before. I doubt we will ever see a player as incredible as him again in our lifetimes. 80 million for him was a bargain when you consider how far ahead he is from the rest of the players in world football.

He's such a legend that no player should ever wear his shirt number again, not just at Man United, but any team in the world.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement