talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Embarassing. I hate how people photoshop other jerseys onto players. If you are the superstitious type it ,eans the transfer wont happen

I agree and the same happened with the Verratti situation which never happened and everyone thought was done. Just because something looks like it may happen, it doesn't mean it will.  It's sort of tempts fate in my opinion.

Andre Gomes look at though he'll be off.

Vidal is wanted by Sevilla.

Marlon could be off to Nice for 20 million.

This is what is needed, a good clear out and then building the depth of the squad(maybe even promote a few youth, which I doubt right now to be honest) as that is what is most lacking.

Lol. Can't take this chap seriously.

Can't see Madrid retaining the Champions League next season. Messi and co will be gunning for the title with everything they got. Big time.

(Barca has been doing Madrid a huge favour by not prioritizing the CL like Madrid does. Deep down, in your heart of hearts, y'all know this is true)

People will see just who emerges triumphant when FC Barcelona prioritizes a particular competition. Forget Bayern,  City and PSG,  Madrid is the only worthy opponent to the CL title next season for FC Barcelona.

May the best team win ;) 

Edited by Paulo Dybala

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He’s also a primetime plonker. 

He also didn't choke away a nation's world cup like Zidane in a fit of childish rage...which Guti probably would have done also had Spain not been shite until 2008.B|

3 hours ago, Spike said:

He also didn't choke away a nation's world cup like Zidane in a fit of childish rage...which Guti probably would have done also had Spain not been shite until 2008.B|

Things happen mate and then arrive those that rise to the occasion and leave others that go on and on and never grow up. He gives me a headache mate although it would be amusing to see him get the job to be honest.  Real are finding it pretty difficult to find someone to take this particular job on with Conte being the latest to turn it down if paper talk is to be believed.  So maybe turning back on football's version of Donald Trump could actually be funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news.

Barcelona strike deal with Gremio for Arthur to arrive this summer

After a series of meetings between Barcelona and Gremio, and the player's wish to move this summer, a deal has been reached to bring forward Arthur's transfer

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelona-reach-an-agreement-with-gremio-for-arthur-to-arrive-this-summer-6899119

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paulo Dybala said:

Good news.

Barcelona strike deal with Gremio for Arthur to arrive this summer

After a series of meetings between Barcelona and Gremio, and the player's wish to move this summer, a deal has been reached to bring forward Arthur's transfer

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelona-reach-an-agreement-with-gremio-for-arthur-to-arrive-this-summer-6899119

I hope this is for real. Can’t wait to see him perform for Barça.

@El Profesor

• Upvote 1

Jordi Alba: "I'm very happy at Barca. If it depended on me, I would stay at Barcelona my whole life."

---

Are there any other players like him coming through? @SirBalon @El Profesor @Kowabunga @Paulo Dybala etc.

When he eventually goes - He's somebody that fits in to the category for me of 'I never noticed how good he was until he stopped playing.

There's that Cuerca lad who looks promissing. However given how Barca have been operating lately, can see him being shipped off to which they will most definitely bring someone elite in. 

Much like Alves, Messi has benefited a lot from Alba's overall play 

24 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jordi Alba: "I'm very happy at Barca. If it depended on me, I would stay at Barcelona my whole life."

---

Are there any other players like him coming through? @SirBalon @El Profesor @Kowabunga @Paulo Dybala etc.

When he eventually goes - He's somebody that fits in to the category for me of 'I never noticed how good he was until he stopped playing.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There's that Cuerca lad who looks promissing. However given how Barca have been operating lately, can see him being shipped off to which they will most definitely bring someone elite in. 

Much like Alves, Messi has benefited a lot from Alba's overall play 

Remember Jordi Alba himself was shipped off 3 hours drive down the road to Valencia before he made a mark for himself and was brought back. 

He’s had a tremendous career to date! Never thought it would’ve been that easy to find a replacement for Eric Abidal. 

I personally believe Messi should retire from international duty, but after the Copa América next summer. Full focus can then be on Barcelona, which would massively benefit the club as it would mean a longer career due to not having to play all the extra international games. @SirBalon

I think there is a big season ahead for him myself. Last season he was excellent. The only let down was against Roma, specifically the first leg where he was trying too hard to do the spectacular in an uncharacteristic manner. Other than that though, he was as key as ever in a successful campaign and was brilliant against the likes of Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Juentus, Chelsea and the Copa del rey final. 

He also seems to come back angry and unleash his fury after World Cups as seen in 2010-11 and 2014-15. I expect similar next season as he's in good shape. 

Coutinho is also going to be massive next year. I think the team in general looks strong, there just needs to be some work on the depth of it. 

If possible, I think keeping Yerry Mina is important for the near future. The lad is quality and also has leadership qualities. He is easily deserving of more minutes and a place in the squad. 

3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I personally believe Messi should retire from international duty, but after the Copa América next summer. Full focus can then be on Barcelona, which would massively benefit the club as it would mean a longer career due to not having to play all the extra international games. @SirBalon

I think there is a big season ahead for him myself. Last season he was excellent. The only let down was against Roma, specifically the first leg where he was trying too hard to do the spectacular in an uncharacteristic manner. Other than that though, he was as key as ever in a successful campaign and was brilliant against the likes of Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Juentus, Chelsea and the Copa del rey final. 

He also seems to come back angry and unleash his fury after World Cups as seen in 2010-11 and 2014-15. I expect similar next season as he's in good shape. 

Coutinho is also going to be massive next year. I think the team in general looks strong, there just needs to be some work on the depth of it. 

If possible, I think keeping Yerry Mina is important for the near future. The lad is quality and also has leadership qualities. He is easily deserving of more minutes and a place in the squad. 

Yeah, his club career would be elongated and benefitted by miles. As harsh as it may sound, Argentina just brings him problems although I doubt he feels that way because he loves his country and I would expect his biggest wish is to have won the World Cup with Argentina. But that isn't upto one man and unfortunately that hasn't worked out for him.

As for Coutinho, I reckon he's a tremendous player but one that's not easy to fit into a team so everyone else functions properly.  His position and Barça's play are compromised one way or the other depending on which one is changed for the better...  It'll be interesting how Barcelona setup next season because I expect changes.