talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

45 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate...  He didn't join Eibar (the silly joke he played before all the rumours exploded)...  He joined and was dying to join Barça, a team full of top players in almost every position.  It's difficult to be the main man in something like that unless you're a genius and those don't come along very often.  He knew where he was going, he knew where he had elected to go!  Infact the only other option was Real Madrid and even there he'd have had to contend with other top players especially one who's even more heady when it comes to anything that may be contemplating taking his crown at the club let alone steal any limelight that could damage his target of the Ballon d'Or.

But you say that as if he always planned to stay.

8 hours ago, El_Loco said:

But don´t you agree that a significant part of Barcelona fans never really liked Neymar in first place? I´ve always had that impression reading the impression of Barcelona fans. I think his play style never really pleased more traditionalists culés.

I have a feeling you're talking about fans of other football clubs in Spain. Nobody likes his showboating and he was especially criticised for doing it in games where the team had gone 3-0 up. The Barça fans like him as far as I know although he never really done anything to enamour them if you get what I mean... He hasn't got the character of a Ronaldinho.

It's curious how the stick is trying to be aimed at Barcelona in some fashion. People can dig all they like... The club never done anything wrong with him while at Barça and neither did the fans. Everything is of his own making!

Edited by SirBalon

58 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I really really really hope this isn't true.  It's starting to look at Gaspart's tenure as president where Barça got the buy-out clause for Figo and they panicked and bought Emmanuel Petit and Rochemback.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I have a feeling you're talking about fans of other football clubs in Spain. Nobody likes his showboating and he was especially criticised for doing it in games where the team had gone 3-0 up. The Barça fans like him as far as I know although he never really done anything to enamour them if you get what I mean... He hasn't got the character of a Ronaldinho.

It's curious how the stick is trying to be aimed at Barcelona in some fashion. People can dig all they like... The club never done anything wrong with him while at Barça and neither did the fans. Everything is of his own making!

In the specific case of Neymar´s transfer to PSG, I agree, it was all his doing. Actually, you can argue that Barcelona should´ve taken a harder stance. 

At this point I mightn't even be that angry if we don't buy anyone....the likes of Samper, Alena and Deulofeu ( who showed promising signs but now has to continue like that ) from La Masia can get a chance to play a bigger role and really come into their own and the board will definitely be out if we buy no one, which can only be great for the club in the long term. And besides, with Valverde looking great tactically and the squad more motivated and hungry this year, why can't we have a successful season with what we've already got at the club?

This would certainly be much better than the board panic buying players who are either bang average or don't suit our style of play just so they can say "Hey, we signed someone". It's either sign the right players and for fees that aren't that exorbitant ( if we can, but that'd be incredibly difficult in this situation ) or just roll with what we have. Valverde is accustomed in getting the most of what he has at his disposal.  

• Upvote 1

So apparently we signed 30-year old Spurs reject Paulinho.

This is just sad, folks. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid wins everything in sight now.

This current board needs to go. PRONTO. They make Sandro Rosell's board look appealing.

Bring back Laporta!

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barca-sign-paulinho-for-40-million-6220876

• Like 1

If true, then it'll be a disastrous transfer window on a massive scale. Sell one of the world's best players and bring in aload of duds.

Pulling out on signing Martinez  was a joke as well. He's a defender who is badly needed, has a very small clause in his contract and due to the well known interest, every club in the world will now know his clause and he will be gone to another club by the end of the summer.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

14 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

When are the next elections for Barcelona? And what has happened to the youth players? 

Far too many overpriced, overpaid, mediocre players at Barcelona in the last 3/4 years. Almost turning back into the Barcelona of the early 2000s.

It might not even be true this one to be honest. Well atleast you'd hope.

But signings such as Paulinho and Di Maria aren't ones to fill you with optimism and you could just see them both happening. Like you say, a lot of money has been spent on crap over the years and this looks likely to continue.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Even though I think Paulinho can do a good job. He has been expensive and a mark of how this board are terrible on the technical side of things. They sacked Zubizarreta who brought in Ter Stegen, Bravo and Rakitić and from there on it's been downhill apart from Umtiti. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Even though I think Paulinho can do a good job. He has been expensive and a mark of how this board are terrible on the technical side of things. They sacked Zubizarreta who brought in Ter Stegen, Bravo and Rakitić and from there on it's been downhill apart from Umtiti. 

If he was a free transfer, then it would be good business, but I don't see the need in buying someone like him rather than using young players already at the club. There is no need to get desperate.

Zubizarreta himself brought in some bad signings, although just as he started getting it right(with the players you mentioned), that's when he was sacked.

Time for more positivity:- I personally don't think all the signings other than Umtiti have been necessarily poor though mate, but some haven't always been utilised properly, mainly Denis Suarez and Paco. Both have showed what they are about and if Valverde has more faith in them than Enrique did, then Denis could become a first team regular and Paco, a highly useful rotation player, which is what he was signed for really and not to be the first choice number 9. Paco scored 6 league goals last season(not including his goal in the Copa del rey final!) and 5 all came in the last month or so when he finally started getting chances(and his movement started looking deadly), so with the correct minutes, he can be a very useful player. It would be unfair to write him off so soon and Denis showed loads of promise when given chances last season but then Enrique stopped showing faith in him for some strange reason, so he deserves another crack under Valverde himself. Aleix Vidal is also the right type of player for Barcelona's system and if he doesn't have more injury problems this season then he will improve the right back position greatly.

Deulofeu, for me, could well become a shrewd piece of business as well. As for Semedo, we'll have to wait and see, but the plus signs for both players(and Denis and Paco) is that they are young.

As for Marlon(another not mentioned), he hasn't feature enough yet to comment, so maybe he could show us what he's about this season. I think this season is the one to truly judge some of these young signings.

Andre Gomes, Arda(although you could see the reasoning behind this one) and Digne signings have been thr terrible ones and certain positions not being addressed properly has been the biggest issue of all. Also placing a 200 million clause in Neymar's contract was devastating when you look back now as that, while being a massive clause, was never quite a clause that some of these oil clubs can't afford. Real Madrid have a 1 billion clause in Benzema's contract(nevermind C.Ronaldo's) and the Barcelona board should have done similar with Neymar. That way, he wouldn't have been going anywhere until an adequate replacement was signed.

By the way, why can't Sergi Roberto become a top midfielder if used in his correct position? He's shown plenty to me to suggest that he will thrive in this role. He has a lot to his game.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

It's just come to light that Neymar had signed his PSG contract two months ago! xD

What a scumbag...  He was waiting for PSG to sort out the financing which they couldn't do and in the end QSI paid for it (which is illegal and lets wait to see what happens there) and that was what all the stalling was about.  He fed Barça and his colleagues a right old fairytale! hahahaha.  What a guy! ;)

Ter Stegen

Vidal -- Pique -- Umtiti -- Alba

Roberto -- Busquets -- Iniesta

Messi -- Suarez -- Deulofeu

That team looks good to me. Rakitic started showing his best form towards the end of last season(too little too late unfortunately) and has had a solid pre-season, so him starting wouldn't be something I'd be against, but I reckon Sergi Roberto has warranted a starting place and would bring something fresh to that midfield. He's a much more experienced player now after making over 90 appearances(even if a lot of them out of position) over the past 2 years.

That's a very good side and has a solid balance of younger and more experienced players. The only worry is the fact Iniesta can't play too often anymore, but then that's where Denis Suarez comes in and deserves a run in the side.

I also think Samper should be kept and not loaned out as he could be a useful player this season and offer depth to a squad that needs it. But Arda, Varmaelen and Douglas should all be shipped out.

26 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Apparently Ozil is "offering himself" to Barcelona. What would you make of that deal if it was to happen Balon?

Personally I don't see how it'd work. The guy is basically Turkish Riquelme. Ol' Fish Eyes does nothing without the ball and I really don't think Barcelona are lacking in a creative killer passes. Where would he play? He isn't assertive enough for the midfield and he is wasted on the wings.Perhaps a a diamond could work with Messi and Suarez being strikers and Ozil at the top of the diamond?

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Personally I don't see how it'd work. The guy is basically Turkish Riquelme. Ol' Fish Eyes does nothing without the ball and I really don't think Barcelona are lacking in a creative killer passes. Where would he play? He isn't assertive enough for the midfield and he is wasted on the wings.Perhaps a a diamond could work with Messi and Suarez being strikers and Ozil at the top of the diamond?

I don't see him fitting either and think signings such as himself, Di Maria and Paulinho would all be desperate buys.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Why? He's one of the worst footballers I have ever seen at Tottenham, and I've seen some absolute stinkers. He has an awful mentality, bottles everything, no desire. Shocker from Barca 

Just now, Storts said:

Why? He's one of the worst footballers I have ever seen at Tottenham, and I've seen some absolute stinkers. He has an awful mentality, bottles everything, no desire. Shocker from Barca 

He's not very good for Brazil either. Normally if you do poorly at one club it might just be a one off, but he really isn't that good. No idea why Barca is after him.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

He's not very good for Brazil either. Normally if you do poorly at one club it might just be a one off, but he really isn't that good. No idea why Barca is after him.

Exactly - it's a joke move. He doesn't have the mentality all the ability to play at the highest level. Nowhere near good enough for us let alone Barcelona