talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

1495212355017.jpg

FC Barcelona will be honouring Luis Enrique as he ends his time at the club in his final La Liga match as head coach against SD Eibar at the Camp Nou.  They will be doing some sort of video I think and a massive banner will be commissioned by the club for the fans to hold up.  What exactly is unknown yet but as that image says: "Forever one of our own"

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

new coach announced on 29th May 

All the rumours point to Valverde. Unless the Spanish press have been led up the garden path in the past few weeks which would be hilarious to be honest. 

39 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

It promises to be a pretty key and big summer ahead. Can't wait to see who the new coach is and what we do transfer-wise. It's going to be exciting, and hopefully we get it right.

The problem isn't just who will be the new coach...  There are problems where it matters which is the board first and foremost (many of them don't know too much about football especially the president) and secondly the technical side of the boardroom with Robert Fernández in charge.  He is to blame for the errors of recruitment last summer (except for Umtiti who is the coup of the century).  I don't have too much faith right now in their decisions which also include choosing the next coach apart from whatever happens in the player recruitment activities this coming summer.

GRAÇIES LUCHO

46626200.jpg?t=1495204529000

20170521-636309950951352462_201705212027

img_pmorata_20170521-200635_imagenes_md_

FOREVER ONE OF OURS

#FOREVERLUCHO

2 La Liga titles (2014/2015 - 2015/2016)

2 Copa del Rey (2014/2015 - 2015/2016)

In Copa del Rey final for 2016/2017

1 Champions League (2014/2015)

1 FIFA Club World Cup (2015/2016)

1 UEFA European Super Cup (2015/2016)

1 Supercopa de España (2016/2017)

Edited by SirBalon
  • Upvote 1

Sandro Rosell: Former Barcelona president arrested

Former Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has been arrested as part of a money-laundering investigation.

A number of other people were also held as police raided nine offices and homes in north-eastern Catalonia.

The arrests are part of an investigation into rights sales relating to Brazil, police sources say.

Rosell was Barca president from 2010 to 2014, when he resigned following a Spanish court's decision to investigate the 2013 signing of Brazilian Neymar.

In June 2016, Barcelona paid a fine of 5.5m euros (£4.7m) over the 25-year-old's move from Santos. The club was accused of tax fraud, which it denied.

Rosell's wife was among those also arrested on Tuesday.

Spanish newspaper El Confidencial reports the arrests are part of a joint operation between the Spanish police and the FBI, related to the United States-led investigation into corruption at Fifa.

The investigations into alleged corruption at football's governing body began two years ago, and Swiss authorities raided a Zurich hotel where Fifa delegates were staying for their annual conference.

Seven people were arrested in the raid, which was carried out on behalf of the United States Department of Justice.

More arrests and indictments on corruption charges followed in subsequent days and scores of Fifa officials and associates have since been arrested in connection with the investigation.

In March, Fifa passed on evidence from its internal inquiry to Swiss and US authorities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40010061

Yep...  He has been highly involved in the FIFA corruption for years (almost two decades) and he was one of the most powerful board members of the American sports apparel multinational, Nike.  Infact all of his dealings were in Brazil where he was the one who made Nike practically own the Brazil national side.  A very shady character and it seems he's been finally brought to task.

Edited by SirBalon

Just so people understand this Sandro Rosell stuff...  (because I know how these things go with some) It has nothing to do with FC Barcelona and it's all about his past dealings in Brazil where he lived for 20 years as I stated in my first post.

The guy has always been dodgy to the core, so no surprise to hear there. 

In addition to the Neymar deal saga and his feud with Laporta, on my main memories of his time as Barcelona president was him publicly gloating after they beat Real Madrid 3-1 at the Bernabeu in 2011-2012. Firstly it is something that a club president just shouldn't do, and secondly it riled and geed up Real Madrid who then won their next 11 league matches. 

Controversial post incoming:

Let's have a look at a hypothetical situation. Barcelona receive a record bid for Lionel Messi, a bid so high it'd be madness to turn down but also hard to accept because Messi is head and shoulders the best player in the world. All sentimentality aside, I believe it'd be beneficial for the club in the long run to accept the bid. Now, I know what I'm saying is sacrilege but hear me out. Lionel Messi is irreplaceable, that is an undisputed fact. This however, is a double-edged sword. Messi is so talented he brings Barcelona to a new level whenever he plays, but the negative is that when he is injured or suspended he does the opposite because of how irreplaceable he is! The problem with relying on such a unique piece to the puzzle, when the aforementioned piece is missing the whole puzzle falls apart. My proposal is that if in the situation Messi is sold then Barcelona would change from 'Messi and Friends' to simply 'Barcelona' again. It would create an atmosphere that would allow other players to seamlessly slot into other roles; which is currently impossible due to the uniqueness of Messi. Luis Suarez and Neymar while special players are far easier to 'replace' than Messi; nobody can fufill the duties and the role that Messi does. While Barcelona wouldn't be as fantastic as a team without Messi, they could be a more 'well rounded team' without the reliance of the mercurial magician.

Would I sell Messi if was on the board of Barcelona? No, I would not. However, there are benefits to a team that 'interchangeable' as opposed to a team with a 'marquee player'.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Controversial post incoming:

Let's have a look at a hypothetical situation. Barcelona receive a record bid for Lionel Messi, a bid so high it'd be madness to turn down but also hard to accept because Messi is head and shoulders the best player in the world. All sentimentality aside, I believe it'd be beneficial for the club in the long run to accept the bid. Now, I know what I'm saying is sacrilege but hear me out. Lionel Messi is irreplaceable, that is an undisputed fact. This however, is a double-edged sword. Messi is so talented he brings Barcelona to a new level whenever he plays, but the negative is that when he is injured or suspended he does the opposite because of how irreplaceable he is! The problem with relying on such a unique piece to the puzzle, when the aforementioned piece is missing the whole puzzle falls apart. My proposal is that if in the situation Messi is sold then Barcelona would change from 'Messi and Friends' to simply 'Barcelona' again. It would create an atmosphere that would allow other players to seamlessly slot into other roles; which is currently impossible due to the uniqueness of Messi. Luis Suarez and Neymar while special players are far easier to 'replace' than Messi; nobody can fufill the duties and the role that Messi does. While Barcelona wouldn't be as fantastic as a team without Messi, they could be a more 'well rounded team' without the reliance of the mercurial magician.

Would I sell Messi if was on the board of Barcelona? No, I would not. However, there are benefits to a team that 'interchangeable' as opposed to a team with a 'marquee player'.

It was a very well known journalist in Spain (well, he's sort of a journalist, but more of a comical or better said satirical personality that with his jokes actually raises questions few foresee) from Barcelona but is an Espanyol fan and a Real Madrid sympathiser.  His name is Tomás Guasch, and he raised the exact points you have to a tee (and some) about 5 years ago.

He said that NO Barcelona boardroom will ever contemplate selling Messi because that would be like almost signing your death warrant (forget getting sacked by the fans) and would just cause a critical situation that just isn't worth it.  He added that Messi must retire at Barcelona or he must leave and do what he wants when he sees fit.  Messi isn't a footballer...  He's a god!  I know that reads or sounds stupid and OTT (whatever you like), but it's a fact.  He isn't just the best footballer in the world and possibly in history.  He's an entity!  He is a creature that just keeps on "metamorphasising" into something else that's other worldly.

Barcelona already have players for the future and one of them is called Neymar Jr...  He is worth as much as anyone on the footballing planet and would cost a stupid amount of money for anyone contemplating signing him.  Then there are others that fill the spot, but don't think that even Messi isn't feeling the weight on his shoulders after Xavi retired and Iniesta is reaching his final moments...  He (Messi) doesn't just need a great team behind him.  He needs other worldly creatures (maybe not at his supreme level) that can dance on the football pitch.  It's unthinkable to sell him and FC Barcelona will just have to handle his Christ like departure from the football fields and then recreate something different an new.  Barça existed before Messi and will continue to do so, although difficult to contemplate for an Barça fan or sympathiser.

Anyway...  Lionel Messi hasn't got a price!  He is the equivalent of a Leonardo Da Vinci work of art or maybe even an equivalent of the Turin Shroud to football.  Infact I don't think he's valued enough by everyone.  They'll only see this when his time is up and a hole is created in the sport.  Nothing compares!

Barcelona can't sell him even if it's best for the club in the long run.

Edited by SirBalon
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It was a very well known journalist in Spain (well, he's sort of a journalist, but more of a comical or better said satirical personality that with his jokes actually raises questions few foresee) from Barcelona but is and Espanyol fan and a Real Madrid sympathiser.  His name is Tomás Guasch, and he raised the exact points you have to a tee (and some) about 5 years ago.

He said that NO Barcelona boardroom will every contemplate selling Messi because that would be like almost signing your death warrant (forget getting sacked by the fans) and would just cause a critical situation that just isn't worth it.  He added that Messi must retire at Barcelona or he must leave and do what he wants when he sees fit.  Messi isn't a footballer...  He's a god!  I know that reads or sounds stupid and OTT (whatever you like), but it's a fact.  He isn't just the best footballer in the world and possibly in history.  He's an entity!  He is a creature that just keeps on "metamorphasising" into something else that's other worldly.

Barcelona already have players for the future and one of them is called Neymar Jr...  He is worth as much as anyone on the footballing planet and would cost a stupid amount of money for anyone contemplating signing him.  Then there are others that fill the spot, but don't think that even Messi isn't feeling the weight on his shoulders after Xavi retired and Iniesta is reaching his final moments...  He (Messi) doesn't just need a great team behind him.  He needs other worldly creatures (maybe not at his supreme level) that can dance on the football pitch.  It's unthinkable to sell him and FC Barcelona will just have to handle his Christ like departure from the football fields and then recreate something different an new.  Barça existed before Messi and will continue to do so, although difficult to contemplate for an Barça fan or sympathiser.

Anyway...  Lionel Messi hasn't got a price!  He is the equivalent of a Leonardo Da Vinci work of art or maybe even an equivalent of the Turin Shroud to football.  Infact I don't think he's valued enough by everyone.  They'll only see this when his time is up and a hole is created in the sport.  Nothing compares!

Barcelona can't sell him even if it's best for the club in the long run.

I see it as a choice of falling on your sword know and let the healing process begin, or falling on your sword in five years but without the extra pesos! No matter what happens Barcelona are doomed to stumble and stutter or an unspecified amount of time when Messi leaves or retires. I actually wouldn't mind watching Messi play football in Italy in his twilight years, just for something new. It's just a romantic fantasy but imagine him smashing in goals at il San Paolo or finishing the Divine Ponytail's job at Artemio Franchi. 

Seeing Messi play for any other European football club is a fantasy for a minority of people that won't come to pass :4_joy: This board that Barcelona has now has done many stupid, stupid things and will continue to do so as long as they are in charge, but doing what you're suggesting would be absolutely criminal and would definitely cement their place as the worst board in FC Barcelona history. Not to mention it will cause anarchy and chaos in Barcelona as fans will riot and will want the board's head for doing the unthinkable.

The only other club you'd see Messi playing for would be Newell's Old Boys, most likely at the end of the contract that he's going to sign this summer. 

Barcelona are prepared to deal with the tough transition period post-Messi, and as for the money, it's not as if we're exactly poor. And besides, Neymar definitely won't be playing his entire career here, mostly because of the influence of that father of his, but hopefully we get the best years of his career and manage to cash in when we could still get a record deal for him, and that's where we'll be running straight to the bank with loads of money. And most likely this will happen while Messi is still here, too.

So, yeah, he's not going anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Vinicius turned down barca twice maybe even more xD first they matched RM offer and than offer more, both offers were rejected 

I think you should laugh after he becomes the big player you guys are hoping he becomes, not now, because as of now he's nothing more than a really talented 16 year old with a lot of potential, nothing different from Odegaard a couple years ago.

The huge investment needs to be justified and he needs to not waste away and fade into nothingness before you could laugh at the fact that he chose to go there.

Because if he becomes Odegaard 2.0, maybe it's us who should be laughing. 

31 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Vinicius turned down barca twice maybe even more xD first they matched RM offer and than offer more, both offers were rejected 

What's that got to do with talking about a divine spirit.  Wash yourself in Holy Water man!  You are dirty and have soured yourself! >:(

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I see it as a choice of falling on your sword know and let the healing process begin, or falling on your sword in five years but without the extra pesos! No matter what happens Barcelona are doomed to stumble and stutter or an unspecified amount of time when Messi leaves or retires. I actually wouldn't mind watching Messi play football in Italy in his twilight years, just for something new. It's just a romantic fantasy but imagine him smashing in goals at il San Paolo or finishing the Divine Ponytail's job at Artemio Franchi. 

It would be a dream of mine for Messi to play in the celestial blue of Napoli and smash goals past the evil Juve and co.  I wouldn't mind him moving there before his time is up but he (Messi) himself has said a number of times that he'd "like to play professionally for Newell's Old Boys" before he finally hangs his boots up.  How much time that consists of nobody knows and least of all himself I would say (I say, say, because I wouldn't put it past him to see these things...  Now I am becoming of a fool in the midst of pretentiousness).

The problem with him ever going to Napoli is that he would be compared to Maradona and that's unfair as Maradona went there in his prime and Messi would be in the twilight of his years if he signs a new contract with Barça and respects it.  So, because there are many stupid people on this planet (you don't have to look far to observe), then it's best he lives out his time where he is and then finally goes home to play for the club that saw him leave nappies.

Barcelona are doomed to go through a transitional period (one that the Real Madrid faithful have been precipitating themselves with for a number of years and still hasn't arrived) and they'll go through it because they've been through a lot worse than what they'll ever experience in the future.  There are no political forces big enough to stop the evolution of football although they do carry some weight in countries like Spain even today.  It will all sort itself out.

No club is perfect and FC Barcelona are far from it.  But unless people really do follow this in depth, then they don't know exactly what this is all about.

I was sent this last night from a friend in Spain and I think it's about to become public anyhow.  It's the official judicial report on Sandro Rosell concerning the embezzling of moneys in Brazil and using Spanish franchises he owns.  This goes back years to when he was a major player on the board of Nike Inc for the continent of America.  Transactions between him and the then president of the CBF (Brazilian Football Federation) that concerned the movement of masses of money and the practical purchase of Brazilian football.  This and more but NEVER absolutely anything where FC Barcelona are concerned.

These are official judicial court 13 page document that has been leaked and which I've converted from PDF into JPEG.

autosandro.png
autosandro%202.jpg
autosandro%207.jpg
autosandro%203.jpg
autosandro%206.jpg
autosandro%204.jpg
autosandro%205.jpg
autosandro%208.jpg
autosandro%2010.jpg\
autosandro%209.jpg
autosandro%2011.jpg
autosandro%2012.jpg
autosandro%2013.jpg

I like Ander Herrera and I rate him highly at what he does but he doesn't fit into the way Barcelona play and if Valverde is indeed going to be the coach at Barça like all the rumours are stating, then it's obvious he's going to take the same philosophy he used at Athletic to Barcelona.  Not that it's a bad thing but it's very different to the way they play the game at Can Barça.  If Herrera was to come that would definitely spell the end of Ivan Rakitić at Barcelona because I doubt the Croatian wants to see a lot of bench time as he could fit into most first teams anywhere in Europe.  They are too similar.

maxresdefault.jpg

THANK YOU LUCHO

FOR 3 GLORIOUS YEARS

He was already a Barça legend before he returned as head coach, but now he has made himself immortal.  A much loved character that has always given 100% as a player and subsequently as the director of the orchestra.  Not bad going with 9 out of 13 trophies available for him to win.

• 2 x La Liga Titles
  • 3 x Copa del Rey
  • 1 x UEFA Champions League
  • 1 x FIFA Club World Cup
  • 1 x UEFA European Super Cup
  • 1 x Supercopa de España

His games ratio as head coach is also extremely impressive

• 181 Games
  • 138 Victories
  • 22 Draws
  • 21 Defeats
  • 519 Goals in favour
  • 150 Goals against

luis-enrique_escritorio.jpg

_20170528001530-kpb-U422987058940XgH-980

Thanks for everything Lucho!

Edited by SirBalon
  • Upvote 1

In-spite of the criticism that he has received for tactics, lack of rotation etc, you definitely cannot argue with that trophy haul. 

Are there any thoughts or rumours on where he is likely to go next? 3 years at a club like Barcelona would be exhausting for anyone.