talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Zeljko Buvac Leaving Liverpool?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I read Honigstein's Klopp book he said they argued a lot and fell-out semi-frequently. If it was that, it would seem odd that this time it went so far as Buvac leaving. It could just be a sincere personal thing and he'll be back next season.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Shit that and bad timing too. Reports this morning were of a falling out, although I'm not sure how true they are? Rafa and Pako came to mind immediately anyway.

Yeah that was my immediate thought and I hope that doesn't happen to be the case. Because Rafa and Pako were a great team and I don't think Rafa's ever been quite as good without Pako around. Although here it sounds like Zeljko was more of the Rafa-figure and Klopp was more of the Pako.

Either way, I hope it's nothing major and he's back with us. But very bad timing.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-assistant-manager-zeljko-buvac-14598922

Liverpool assistant manager Zeljko Buvac will sensationally replace Arsene Wenger as Arsenal boss claims a report in the Reds number two's native Bosnia.

Through their global network of contacts, Sport Witness have picked up on the tale and while such a scenario would send shockwaves through the football world, they point out that this supposed exclusive comes from Pravda BL , who also confirmed Jurgen Klopp's appointment at Anfield just before he took up the post in 2015.

With a change in the dugout at the Gunners for the first time in over two decades, Emirates chiefs would be expected to go for a high-profile candidate with the likes of Massimiliano Allegri, Luis Enrique, Carlo Ancelotti, Paulo Fonseca and former Reds boss Brendan Rodgers all among the bookies favourites.

19 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

The club insists he will be back for next season, I think it will be genuine personal reasons. At this point of the season it would have to be to justify a temporary leave.

If he's back in Bosnia it's beginning to sound more likely that it is legit personal reasons. 

I can't imagine him being a head coach. He spent 7 years at Dortmund and I don't think you could find a football fan in Germany who knows what his voice sounds like. When he took Klopp's place on the touch line for a game last year Liverpool sent Lijnders to do the press duties.

My guess is he's petrified of the limelight. You can find plenty of interviews from Peter Krawietz but zero from him.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I can't imagine him being a head coach. He spent 7 years at Dortmund and I don't think you could find a football fan in Germany who knows what his voice sounds like. When he took Klopp's place on the touch line for a game last year Liverpool sent Lijnders to do the press duties.

My guess is he's petrified of the limelight. You can find plenty of interviews from Peter Krawietz but zero from him.

Couldn't he theoretically just never talk to the press and send someone else to do it.

Imagine the press conference where Arsenal announce him. He comes out, gives a smile and a wave, and then walks out of the room.

Archived