talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga to be shown on Eleven Sports in the UK

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If you're into the Italian and Spanish leagues it isn't a bad deal at all. Sky Sports costs £20 a month for what I rate as pretty poor and increasingly Americanised coverage of a minority of Premier League fixtures (and no La Liga or Champions League anymore) so what's £6 for Serie A and La Liga?

£6 for La Liga and Serie 'A' is serious value for money considering how much football costs these days. If I didn't have my Canal+ Spain subscription which shows the Premier League, La Liga, Serie 'A', Eredivisie, Ligue1, Campeonato Argentino etc... I would definitely subscribe to it.  All this partitioning is what made me cancel my SKY UK subscription a couple of years back.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

£6 for La Liga and Serie 'A' is serious value for money considering how much football costs these days. If I didn't have my Canal+ Spain subscription which shows the Premier League, La Liga, Serie 'A', Eredivisie, Ligue1, Campeonato Argentino etc... I would definitely subscribe to it.  All this partitioning is what made me cancel my SKY UK subscription a couple of years back.

What channel can we watch the Japanese league on? :o

• Subscriber

Just went to look at downloading the app. Left it for now because it's got a lot of negative reviews, apparently they don't have much information about how games will actually be broadcast, which ones and when.

La Liga should be free to air now if you ask me. Barcelona, Real and Atlético aside, it has completely lost its appeal as a whole. 

Even Athletic Bilbao aren't interesting anymore as their squads are being torn apart  whenever they have a young star. 

Until the league has a massive revamp and enters the 21st century then I'm not sure why anyone would pay to watch it as a package as it is a far far cry from what it was, which is probably the reason why Sky are no longer arsed about it after 2 decades of airing it. If you ignore 3 clubs at the top, there is no talent anymore which forces sides to employ negative tactics. These clubs sell but don't buy anything. Valencia' s biggest signing this summer is a Chelsea loanee...I know 2 clubs have generally always been dominant but the league was always jam packed with talent throughout and the styles of football made most games exciting.

A few years ago I would have watched most games in the league, but times change and I don't really watch the league as a package anymore, just 1 team's games. Sky aired nearly every game of that specific team, so it was handy from a personal point of view. 

La Liga was interesting as it was absolutely full of young and exciting talents and you had clubs like Athletic and Real Sociedad with a quality back bone of their own players, which is one aspect that made it appealing and gave in that traditional feeling. This has all ended now and none of these clubs are making any moves to change their situation. Then you see so many quality young players leave the league to be replaced by 36 year olds like Cazorla and Joaquín. It's not appealing as a package. You might as well watch the MLS for that. We will be seeing more of it too. 

Then you'd have to look at the coverage. Who would be commenting on these games? Who would the pundits be? Will they show every Barcelona game? Will it just be random games or would you have a choice? 

I'm with @RandoEFCwhere he mentioned about season tickets where you can pay a subscription to watch 1 particular club's games. It makes sense for most fans of the sport. 

As for the Serie A, it's absolute dog shit. One side have won the last 7 of them and none of their sides are anything like they once were. I remember when it was the best league in the world and you could keep up to date with it on channel 4, a free to air channel. 

This is actually a massive embarrassment for both leagues to be aired on such a wank channel, who I'm 100% sure will have awful coverage and likely go out of business like Setanta. 

14 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

La Liga should be free to air now if you ask me. Barcelona, Real and Atlético aside, it has completely lost its appeal as a whole. 

Even Athletic Bilbao aren't interesting anymore as their squads are being torn apart  whenever they have a young star. 

Until the league has a massive revamp and enters the 21st century then I'm not sure why anyone would pay to watch it as a package as it is a far far cry from what it was. If you ignore 3 clubs at the top, there is no talent anymore which forces sides to employ negative tactics. These clubs sell but don't buy anything. Valencia' s biggest signing this summer is a Chelsea loanee... 

Then you'd have to look at the coverage. Who would be commenting on these games? Who would the pundits be? Will they show every Barcelona game? Will it just be random games or would you have a choice? 

A few years ago I would have watched most games in the league, but times change and I don't really watch the league as a package anymore, just 1 team's games. Sky aired nearly every game of that specific team, so it was handy from a personal point of view. 

I'm with @RandoEFCwhere he mentioned about season tickets where you can pay a subscription to watch 1 particular club's games. It makes sense for most fans of the sport. 

La Liga was interesting as it was absolutely full of young and exciting talents and you had clubs like Athletic and Real Sociedad with a quality back bone of their own players, which is one thing that made it appealing and gave in that traditional feeling. This has all ended now and none of these clubs are making any moves to change their situation. Then you see so many quality young players leave the league to be replaced by 36 year olds like Cazorla and Joaquín. It's not appealing as a package. You might as well watch the MLS for that. We will be seeing more of it too. 

As for the Serie A, it's absolute dog shit. One side have won the last 7 of them and none of their sides are anything like they once were. I remember when it was the best league in the world and you could keep up to date with it on channel 4, a free to air channel. 

I get what you mean mate but in reality it's SKY UK that has lost its appeal.  It offers very little for the extortionate price you have to pay.  By far the most expensive football package in the world where we look at what they offer you in return.  I ain't paying that money to watch Huddersfield v Fulham and on top of that have the actual league partitioned with a totally different network!  That sort of stuff should be bloody illegal.

Sky have definitely lost its appeal itself as it has lost everything from the Champions league to La Liga to the UFC, but all these little extra channels are a joke as people have enough direct debits coming out of their bank every month as it is and it all adds up mate. 

Next, the World Cup will stop being on free to air tele. 

28 minutes ago, Danny said:

If you complain or think 6 quid a month for even just Serie A or La Liga is too much, let alone getting both, you're one cheap bastard.

£6 which is £72 a year is cheap for both those leagues (plus I'm hearing Eleven Sports is about to grow, not stay like that) and £49.99 for the whole year is even cheaper!  It's what a round of pints costs you these days in a decent pub in London.

I mean, I'm not the best example to talk trash about SKY UK and how people are being ripped-off blatantly because I stopped subscribing to them about 2 years ago as I mentioned in an earlier post.  But just with repeating what I just said to Chris about paying for a very substandard service in both terms of the football package and the overal offering in terms of professional journalism is bad enough, but on top of that YOU'RE NOT EVEN BEING OFFERED THE WHOLE LEAGUE (in terms of the Premier League and that wasn't shouting, but emphasis on the capitals).   That's partitioned with BT SPORTS.  There's "Scrooge" for questioning £6 a month or £50 a year, but then there's also down right stupid for being innocent.

Every year I've witnessed how SKY UK have been offering less and less to their paying customers while the same company is offering more and more in Italy with SKY ITALIA for example and the price becoming cheaper every year to maintain its clientele. 

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

£6 which is £72 a year is cheap for both those leagues (plus I'm hearing Eleven Sports is about to grow, not stay like that) and £49.99 for the whole year is even cheaper!  It's what a round of pints costs you these days in a decent pub in London.

I mean, I'm not the best example to talk trash about SKY UK and how people are being ripped-off blatantly because I stopped subscribing to them about 2 years ago as I mentioned in an earlier post.  But just with repeating what I just said to Chris about paying for a very substandard service in both terms of the football package and the overal offering in terms of professional journalism is bad enough, but on top of that YOU'RE NOT EVEN BEING OFFERED THE WHOLE LEAGUE (in terms of the Premier League and that wasn't shouting, but emphasis on the capitals).   That's partitioned with BT SPORTS.  There's "Scrooge" for questioning £6 a month or £50 a year, but then there's also down right stupid for being innocent.

Every year I've witnessed how SKY UK have been offering less and less to their paying customers while the same company is offering more and more in Italy with SKY ITALIA for example and the price becoming cheaper every year to maintain its clientele. 

Sky Sports News just constantly read out footballers Twitter pages trying to create news out of free content most of us have access to anyway....the standard of their journalism these days.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sky Sports News just constantly read out footballers Twitter pages trying to create news out of free content most of us have access to anyway....the standard of their journalism these days.

Indeed!  I've witnessed the decline of their journalism over the past few years because even though I stopped subscribing to SKY UK I do sit in the pub at times for lunch and they've got SKY SPORTS on in some fashion or other and all they're doing is quoting other news sources with their journalism.  That's not journalism!  That's something WE do every time we open a football app or whatever sport tickles your fancy.

This is why it was so simple during the transfer window to be ahead of the game on most of the UK's football news... For example the Kepa move from Athletic Bilbao to Chelsea I was posting news sometimes 4 or 5 hours before it was being transmitted here and even domestic moves were slow too.

That platform is a total rip-off and the only way to hurt them is not to offer them your custom.  You really aren't losing all that much.

I’m expecting Eleven Sports to sort out any glitches they have right now because the rights to La Liga weren’t cheap at all and I doubt Serie ‘A’ was cheap. But this is a screenshot of the app before you subscribe and to be honest for the price they’re quoting it isn’t bad at all. 

18FFAAC2-9BCA-4406-BBA8-8253FCA64245.png

It's not only £72 a year though if you were also paying for Sky for the football league and Premier League, then you fancied getting BT for the Champions league. This adds to all the other extras per month such as netflix, credit cards, phone bills(if you're @Stan, your yearly subscription to grinder) and then whatever money you would spend on doing things you enjoy. This is just speaking about the "luxuries" you are paying for, the extras and isn't including is all the necessities you need to pay for in life.

It's not called being cheap, it's called trying to cut back.

I probably will end up getting it though once the season kicks off as that's what I'm like, but it still takes the piss xD.

21 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's not only £72 a year though if you were also paying for Sky for the football league and Premier League, then you fancied getting BT for the Champions league. This adds to all the other extras per month such as netflix, credit cards, phone bills(if you're @Stan, your yearly subscription to grinder) and then whatever money you would spend on doing things you enjoy. This is just speaking about the "luxuries" you are paying for, the extras and isn't including is all the necessities you need to pay for in life.

It's not called being cheap, it's called trying to cut back.

I probably will end up getting it though once the season kicks off as that's what I'm like, but it still takes the piss xD.

But just cancel both your SKY and BT SPORTS subscriptions mate.  Tell me, what are you getting for that money?

How much are you paying with both those platforms combined?

Thats how you hurt them first of all and secondly, you're a Blackburn Rovers fan and tell me what they give you in terms of value for money on the club you support?  It's blatantly shit and you're being sold a fable that's on the same plain as telling you fairies and dragons exist on an undiscovered island.

With Netflix and Eleven Sports I know you personally are getting almost everything you want with the plus that you're punishing them for blatantly ripping you off.

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yeah, remember it well mate and the journalism/punditry was really good with that package Channel 4 used to provide.  I used to play Sunday League on Hackney marshes back in the day and remember getting home, having a shower and lying on my couch to enjoy a bit of Serie 'A'.

Archived