talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

3 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i'm still new here, but last year when Madrid won the league and Champions League, did you give them the credit they deserve ???

Yes I called them the best team in Europe. 

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Its the Barcelona bum boys are the problem

actually, they have good points too.     in this discussion, i think it's best if we narrow it down or be specific to which competition we're talking about.

just like in the UCL, Real Madrid is at the top with 2nd place Milan a further 7 crowns behind.      In La LIga, ,the all time best would be Madrid also with 33 while Barca on 25, BUT, for the last decade, it was Barca who dominated La Liga and also in the Copa Del Rey with an amazing 30 trophies ( yikes, that's a lot ).

1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

How many times has some team won the domestic league three times in a row in Europe ? 

Answer: Lots of time

How many times has someone won the CL three times in a row ?

Answer: Only once

So why cant Real do it?

• Subscriber

Sorry Pool fans, that was a hard watch. I really do feel bad for Karius, It reminded me alot of Ulreich; not the play but a critical mistake at the biggest time of your season. The fact that he had two howlers? Hes got to be out in the off season, genuinely hard to watch him around the pitch with tears in his eyes applauding the fans but good on him for it.

Just now, Cicero said:

So why cant Real do it?

Not relevant.

Juventus winning the Italian league sixth straight time, Bayern winning Budesliga six times, Real Barca have won the la liga mutiple times. How many times Man Utd won the EPL ?

Its not unique in Europeon football but what Real did is unique and not what you see every now and then.

• Administrator
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

Not relevant.

Juventus winning the Italian league sixth straight time, Bayern winning Budesliga six times, Real Barca have won the la liga mutiple times. How many times Man Utd won the EPL ?

Its not unique in Europeon football but what Real did is unique and not what you see every now and then.

not really as it's been twice before (once by them as well) but just in a different format. There was European football before the 'Champions League'. The rarity of it I do agree though. 

Just now, Stan said:

not really as it's been twice before (once by them as well) but just in a different format. There was European football before the 'Champions League'. The rarity of it I do agree though. 

Forgot about that. What i really wanted to say

4 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Not relevant.

It is relevant when one tries to list this Real Madrid side among the best ever. My main gripe is those who continue to defend their CL dominance yet at the same time completely avoiding their pathetic league display. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

It is relevant when one tries to list this Real Madrid side among the best ever. My main gripe is those who continuing to defend their CL dominance yet at the same time completely avoiding their pathetic league display. 

Agreed a GOAT must be dominent in every competition.

Winning the league means you are the best over a peroid of 38 games where some decisions go against you and some in your favour but in a Cup competition one good or bad decision can make you a winner or loser.

But in a league other teams results also matter whereas in a cup its all about how one perfomes.

Winning both matters.

Quite ironic Barcelona are going on about winning a national title of a Country they dont want to be part of xD.

Maybe in their sick Catalan minds they see winning the league as a victory agaisnt the rest of Spain, when Real Madrid want World domination.  Bum boys!

49 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Winning the league means you are the best over a peroid of 38 games where some decisions go against you and some in your favour but in a Cup competition one good or bad decision can make you a winner or loser.

But in a league other teams results also matter whereas in a cup its all about how one perfomes.

Winning both matters.

At some stages you have to give up on the  league if you want the European cup, Real and Liverpool did that.  That is why in England also Man City battered teams that gave up like Arsenal, Tottenham etc as they had other things going on and Man City struggled agains teams that were trying like fighting relegation.

Just now, Panna King said:

At some stages you have to give up on the  league if you want the European cup, Real and Liverpool did that.  That is why in England also Man City battered teams that gave up and struggled agains teams that were trying like fighting relegation.

How could they have given up on the league when they were never in the title race in the first place?

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

How could they have given up on the league when they were never in the title race in the first place?

Well they rested Ronaldo alot,  I mean not going for the title but just not taking the league seriously anymore. Look at the form of some teams in the league when they are in the later stages of Europe. liverpool dropped lots of points near the end and nearly finished outside top 4.

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well they rested Ronaldo alot,  I mean not going for the title but just not taking the league seriously anymore. Look at the form of some teams in the league when they are in the later stages of Europe. liverpool dropped lots of points near the end and nearly finished outside top 4.

The whole notion you have to give up on the league to win The CL is absolute rubbish.

First, this is the first final in a while where two teams not once in the title race have played in the final in a very long time.

Second, Liverpool dropped points but they were still focused, that's evident in almost every press conferance in the last month. They believed they had squad to rotate and finish second.

Third, this is the first year out of the previous four finals where Ronaldo has been rested consistently, and that's more likely because they never once looked like winning the title.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The whole notion you have to give up on the league to win The CL is absolute rubbish.

First, this is the first final in a while where two teams not once in the title race have played in the final in a very long time.

Second, Liverpool dropped points but they were still focused, that's evident in almost every press conferance in the last month. They believed they had squad to rotate and finish second.

Third, this is the first year out of the previous four finals where Ronaldo has been rested consistently, and that's more likely because they never once looked like winning the title.

Man utd did last season to win the Europa league. It does happen.

The ‘FIFA generation’ really are a bunch of bad wet wipes, aren’t they? A quick read of this thread and there’s “bum boys” being used as an insult and the proper boring debate about Messi and Ronaldo, that really nobody cares that much about. 

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

first - what can we do, that's how things went.

second - liverpool's case was different with Real, the Reds had to fight for the fabled 4th place in the last game of the season

third - the man is 33, so it's normal for him to be rested ...

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

It is relevant when one tries to list this Real Madrid side among the best ever. My main gripe is those who continue to defend their CL dominance yet at the same time completely avoiding their pathetic league display. 

we can always turn this thing around by saying  --   why can't barcelona demonstrate their dominance and strength  in la liga in the UCL ??

• The topic was unpinned

Archived