talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

15 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Man utd did last season to win the Europa league. It does happen.

😂 You could have made a better response than choose a team that choked at fifth every other week in a different competition 

7 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

first - what can we do, that's how things went.

second - liverpool's case was different with Real, the Reds had to fight for the fabled 4th place in the last game of the season

third - the man is 33, so it's normal for him to be rested ...

O.o I literally don't know what to say that. It's like you wanted to respond to me so wrote some random waffle.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

The ‘FIFA generation’ really are a bunch of bad wet wipes, aren’t they? A quick read of this thread and there’s “bum boys” being used as an insult and the proper boring debate about Messi and Ronaldo, that really nobody cares that much about. 

Hang on. Who the fuck said bum boys? xD

9 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

we can always turn this thing around by saying  --   why can't barcelona demonstrate their dominance and strength  in la liga in the UCL ??

Because no one is arguing their dominance? In fact, literally everyone has stated this Barca side isnt anything special compared to 2009-2012 and 2015 

• Administrator

The only rent boys in Chelsea is their conveyor belt of managers they fuck annually/anally (delete as applicable given season results)

2 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Not relevant.

Juventus winning the Italian league sixth straight time, Bayern winning Budesliga six times, Real Barca have won the la liga mutiple times. How many times Man Utd won the EPL ?

Its not unique in Europeon football but what Real did is unique and not what you see every now and then.

It's a massive achievement, but not more special than winning 2 trebles(2009, 2015) and a near treble(2011) within 6 years, that's without bringing up the differences in style of play between the 2 sides in question. We are speaking a team that have dominated everything to one that has dominated one competition after putting all their eggs into one basket. I personally don't see how winning the Champions league on its own is more special to one that won trebles and wins leagues during their European trophy wins, as ASF stated up there. It's also got to be mentioned that Real haven't beaten Barcelona during any of these 4 Champs league wins, while Barcelona have consistently hammered Real during the league wins(even in the 2011 Champs league) in question. But let's hurl abuse at the rival for winning a tournament that you always manage to avoid them in.

Either way, this Spanish dominance is getting out of control. Nothing like this has been seen before and there will be yet another all Spanish European Super Cup, which will be the 5th. This just shows the sheer dominance of a country both at club and international level.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Either way, this Spanish dominance is getting out of control. Nothing like this has been seen before and there will be yet another all Spanish European Super Cup, which will be the 5th. This just shows the sheer dominance of a country both at club and international level.

i've asked a question a month ago to why english clubs do badly in the UCL and someone answered it's becoz of their tight schedule in the EPL, too much games in christmas to the new year.       Or maybe, english clubs are just weak  ???

18 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i've asked a question a month ago to why english clubs do badly in the UCL and someone answered it's becoz of their tight schedule in the EPL, too much games in christmas to the new year.       Or maybe, english clubs are just weak  ???

English clubs are too busy to qualify for the competition, then dont perform in the actual competition. 

6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

English clubs are too busy to qualify for the competition, then dont perform in the actual competition. 

yeah.   too much tension about getting into the TOP FOUR in the EPL, but come knockout stages in the UCL, they suck big time.    

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Firmino had a shitty game for sure. Few Liverpool fans rate him higher than Salah and proudly have his avatar but the dude went MIA when it matters the most. Great player but him and mane are not on the same bracket as Salah, the only WC player Liverpool has and the one who will most likely leave first.

Geez mate, a player is allowed to have a bad game. Much like the bloke in your avatar, I forgot he was on the pitch for most of the game. A bit hypocritical if you can't admit that.

18 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Not relevant.

Juventus winning the Italian league sixth straight time, Bayern winning Budesliga six times, Real Barca have won the la liga mutiple times. How many times Man Utd won the EPL ?

Its not unique in Europeon football but what Real did is unique and not what you see every now and then.

I think it proves the opposite. There is more random to cup comps... why does nobody ever win the FA cup 3 years in a row but they do the league?

Because it's more random and there is less strong correlation between how good a side is and whether or not they win the cup comp.

16 hours ago, bozziovai said:

we can always turn this thing around by saying  --   why can't barcelona demonstrate their dominance and strength  in la liga in the UCL ??

That's a valid question and one we should be asking. Honestly for the quality Barcelona have had over the past 12 years they have underachieved in the UCL.

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's a valid question and one we should be asking. Honestly for the quality Barcelona have had over the past 12 years they have underachieved in the UCL.

Winning 3 in a row is extraordinary but there’s all sorts of permutations involved in achieving that. Winning 4 Champions Leagues in 10 years is also a major achievement and there are two trebles in there too which Real Madrid haven’t ever managed throughput their history. We can also ask that question in the overall aspect of things and more so in this three in a row.

Just thrown that in for digestion as per my long post earlier in this thread. 

Let me add another one in there...

Guardiola’s treble had a blanket victory over everything the club was involved in.

1. La Liga Champions

2. Champions League winners

3. Copa del Rey winners

4. European Super Cup winners

5. Supercopa de EspaĂąa winners

6. World Club Cup winners

Decent...

15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sergio Ramos has avoided disciplinary action from UEFA for his off-the-ball clash with Loris Karius.

This is nothing new... His career is full of superior pardons. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Winning 3 in a row is extraordinary but there’s all sorts of permutations involved in achieving that. Winning 4 Champions Leagues in 10 years is also a major achievement and there are two trebles in there too which Real Madrid haven’t ever managed throughput their history. We can also ask that question in the overall aspect of things and more so in this three in a row.

Just thrown that in for digestion as per my long post earlier in this thread. 

This is true but that barca side relative to their potential have underachieved massively in the champions league over a 12 year period of going in hands down favorites every year bar one and only coming away with the prize a handful of times. 

Because the barca way is more about winning pretty than just winning they do not achieve as much success as real Madrid imo.

I don't mean to knock them but a huge success for a team/squad with that same potential would look more like 8 ucl trophies won in the same period as they actually won 4.

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is true but that barca side relative to their potential have underachieved massively in the champions league over a 12 year period of going in hands down favorites every year bar one and only coming away with the prize a handful of times. 

Because the barca way is more about winning pretty than just winning they do not achieve as much success as real Madrid imo.

I don't mean to knock them but a huge success for a team/squad with that same potential would look more like 8 ucl trophies won in the same period as they actually won 4.

Like I’ve consistently said, Real’s achievement of winning 3 in a row is a massive one and nobody can dispute that, even those Barcelona one tracked mind fanatics you tend to find on social media. On the other hand the same can be said for Real Madrid in everything else because aside from these three years of winning rollover Champions Leagues, their success over the past two decades is very patchy.

A lot of relativity and context has to be put into anything when looking at time spans.

I know it’s a “what if”, but had that final gone Liverpool’s way which it could’ve quite easily... What would their season have looked like?

I see what you're saying mate but just note that I'm not comparing barcas achievements to real. Just to what i expected from them based on their potential.

My only comparison between the two was in what each club is really about at their core

• The topic was unpinned

Archived