talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Argentina World Cup Squad

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think it's a nice mix. Banega is creative, Mascherano is defensive, and Lo Celso can do a bit of both. 

Would definitely rid some of the creativity burden from Messi. 

LW and the ST spot is still massive question marks. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Rumors flying that Sampaoli will be fired today.  @SirBalon

Yeah, got a message early this morning from my cousin in Buenos Aires telling me this but haven't been able to update myself on anything as I was busy with work things and writing up my lifetime World Cup XI. What's meant to have happened? O.o

27 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, got a message early this morning from my cousin in Buenos Aires telling me this but haven't been able to update myself on anything as I was busy with work things and writing up my lifetime World Cup XI. What's meant to have happened? O.o

Uncorfimed rumours so far. I edited the post because it may be fake news.

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Not confirmed, but according to rumors he sexually harassed a cook. I have zero idea if this is a realiable outlet. Our boy @Berserker must know more.

https://realpolitik.com.ar/nota/31507/se_termina_la_era_sampaoli_habria_acosado_a_una_cocinera_y_surgen_rumores_de_desvinculacion/

WTF!!! O.o

Chaos is following this Arentina World Cup team like the plague!  Even more of a reason for me to feel they might do it... How many chaotic teams have gone onto do something like that?

Just now, SirBalon said:

WTF!!! O.o

Chaos is following this Arentina World Cup team like the plague!  Even more of a reason for me to feel they might do it... How many chaotic teams have gone onto do something like that?

I edited because this doesn´t seem a reliable source and it´s a very strong accusation. But if true, wow.

Just now, El Profesor said:

I edited because this doesn´t seem a reliable source and it´s a very strong accusation. But if true, wow.

I've been messaging (even tried to call him) my cousin but he still hasn't got back to me.  Whether true or not, it's mayhem in that expedition this past week or more.  There's all sorts that have come out like the Israel fiasco, selection confusion and arguments and now this with other things rumoured to have been going on these past few days that haven't made massive headlines.  It's crazy!

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've been messaging (even tried to call him) my cousin but he still hasn't got back to me.  Whether true or not, it's mayhem in that expedition this past week or more.  There's all sorts that have come out like the Israel fiasco, selection confusion and arguments and now this with other things rumoured to have been going on these past few days that haven't made massive headlines.  It's crazy!

Yes, AFA is a mess. Regarding Sampaoli, zero confirmation so far from reliable sources. 

7 hours ago, El Profesor said:

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Still nothing showing up on any of the world's football media platforms anywhere...  We'll just have to wait!

Nothing to wait, i don't know what Ricardinho heard but believing that rumours is like buying into the crap random "journalists" say on Twitter.  Unless you hear something official from either TYCSports, ESPN or FOX then it's bullshit. Sampaoli is 100% gonna stay, Tapia (AFA's clown of a president) even said he would stay even if we were to get a bad result at the WC a few months ago, and he's got a long contract.

It would be stupid to sack Sampaoli only a week before the World Cup, no way that was ever going to be true. Even the AFA know this.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Lionel Messi:. "Depending on how this World Cup goes for us, depends if I will continue to play or not with Argentina."

he knows he can't change allegiance right :ph34r: ?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

He'll end up playing in the CONIFA World Cup with Rosario, think that's what he meant.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I could fill two pages worth of this thread with decent impacting quotes from Messi over the past week especially these past few days. He's never been one for sensationalism in the sense of opening up to journalists but recently he's been speaking his mind.  Putting pressure all over the place and showing he has his priorities clear.

Archived