talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ryan Giggs - Aguero & Sanchez Only World Class Players

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Struggling to see what's so funny about that one. Coutinho is fucking unreal and doesn't get anywhere near enough credit. Stick him in the United first team and journalists would be falling over themselves to praise every blade of grass he touches.

If you're being selective on 'the greatest', then nobody other Messi and Ronaldo can even be considered as 'world class' and we might as well all go shopping on Saturday afternoons instead. 

Well like two people have already mentioned (one being a Liverpool fan) he is very inconsistent. Good player on his day, but I don't think he is that vital for Liverpool. They coped pretty well when he was injured, Mane is their best player for me and I'd take him over Coutinho everyday of the week. It's no coincidence Liverpools awful run coincided with him at ACON.

'World Class' for me is somebody that will get into any team on the planet and be one of the strongest players within that team.

It is very subjective though, everyone will have a different meaning of the term which makes it virtually impossible to agree with people.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Well like two people have already mentioned (one being a Liverpool fan) he is very inconsistent. Good player on his day, but I don't think he is that vital for Liverpool. They coped pretty well when he was injured, Mane is their best player for me and I'd take him over Coutinho everyday of the week. It's no coincidence Liverpools awful run coincided with him at ACON.

It's true Coutinho is inconsistent but he plays for a very inconsistent team and when we aren't playing well as a unit it's very hard for a player like him to shine. 

We are improving though and Coutinho is only young so I think he'll gradually iron out those inconsistencies and when he does, he'll be one hell of a player. Sad thing for us is when that happens, one of the really big hitters will be the ones that benefit. 

On 23/03/2017 at 9:59 AM, Smiley Culture said:

I reckon I have a different idea of 'World Class' than everyone else on here based on people's posts on this thread. 

World Class to me means a very small collection of the best players on the planet, whereas to others it seems to be a grouping of many players.

Exactly my interpretation. Some people define our interpretation as legendary unfortunately.

Archived