talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forum

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As said above, it's do or die for us. I think we'll be even under more pressure too as I would argue a draw isn't enough for us where for Denmark it is. Just due to the order of matches. I wouldn't rule us out if we draw, but it would make things unnecessarily tougher, which would be like us.

18 hours ago, Blue said:

As said above, it's do or die for us. I think we'll be even under more pressure too as I would argue a draw isn't enough for us where for Denmark it is. Just due to the order of matches. I wouldn't rule us out if we draw, but it would make things unnecessarily tougher, which would be like us.

I think the draw against Sweden was impressve. Denmark can' be that good as bentner got in the squad i think. Be interesting to see what you guys can do

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think the draw against Sweden was impressve. Denmark can' be that good as bentner got in the squad i think. Be interesting to see what you guys can do

But we don't have players in Europe so we can't be good enough, according to you.

5 hours ago, Blue said:

But we don't have players in Europe so we can't be good enough, according to you.

I actually said you overrted them. I would imagine most of denmarks players don't play in top leagues

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I actually said you overrted them. I would imagine most of denmarks players don't play in top leagues

If I overrated them we wouldn't be unbeaten for 15 straight games against some of the best teams in the world.

If we go out in the groups, then fine. I'll happily take criticism even if I would consider it to be a major failure. I am hardly overrating us though, we've been quality since the end of 2016, have some very underrated players and now all we need to do is show it in the actual tournament.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

If I overrated them we wouldn't be unbeaten for 15 straight games against some of the best teams in the world.

If we go out in the groups, then fine. I'll happily take criticism even if I would consider it to be a major failure. I am hardly overrating us though, we've been quality since the end of 2016, have some very underrated players and now all we need to do is show it in the actual tournament.

To be honest mate i was in a bad mood at the time and being quite obnoxious which I do apologise for

I'm glad this is on a Saturday, as I'll be watching for sure. 

I have wavered between Portugal or France for who I want to win the WC. Part of me would absolutely enjoy seeing France succeed after the disaster 4 years ago. 

I'm gonna be in the Ica region for this game, so I probably won't comment on it live, at least not give my full match review and instead maybe add little thoughts on the game.

I am nervous though. Its like I said before, if we got anyone but Denmark in pot 3, I would have been confident. They have a very underrated attacking line though. I don't think Jorgensen is great, but Eriksen, Poulsen and Sisto are.

I just wanted to point something out - Peru and Denmark are both on a 15 game unbeaten run, joint for 3rd longest run behind Spain and Belgium.

Another reason you can't convince me that there is a better game in the groups.

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

I just wanted to point something out - Peru and Denmark are both on a 15 game unbeaten run, joint for 3rd longest run behind Spain and Belgium.

Another reason you can't convince me that there is a better game in the groups.

So basically Peru and Denmark will end in a 0-0 draw. B|

Just now, Eco said:

So basically Peru and Denmark will end in a 0-0 draw. B|

Nah, there will be a winner. That or a high scoring draw. Both teams are offensive and have a really good trio of attacking midfielders. Flores - Cueva - Carrillo on Peru and Sisto - Eriksen - Poulsen for Denmark.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Nah, there will be a winner. That or a high scoring draw. Both teams are offensive and have a really good trio of attacking midfielders. Flores - Cueva - Carrillo on Peru and Sisto - Eriksen - Poulsen for Denmark.

Ha - I was just messing with you about the draw. 

I think the winner will finish second in this group, though. 

Just now, Eco said:

Ha - I was just messing with you about the draw. 

I think the winner will finish second in this group, though. 

I know you were :)

I just thought it was a good opportunity to add some extra thoughts. I am hyped, but incredibly nervous for the game at the same time.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I know you were :)

I just thought it was a good opportunity to add some extra thoughts. I am hyped, but incredibly nervous for the game at the same time.

I bet man - Best of luck. 

Absolutely sucks not having you home country in it, but I'm on the France bandwagon so even I am feeling a tinge of excitement. 

Just now, Eco said:

I bet man - Best of luck. 

Absolutely sucks not having you home country in it

Thanks man. And I know that feeling, I've dealt with that my whole life. Its not sunk in that we're back in the World Cup yet xD

Christ, I am nervous for tomorrow. My main concern is we have gone the last 2 years playing brilliant football, if we lose even whislt playing brilliantly we could genuinely get only 3 points in the group which would be vastly disappointing. We shouldn't be expected to get a result against France, if we do that's fantastic but it wouldn't be the norm.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The France match is on at fucking 3AM here. Probably won't watch that one as I've got to drive to LA later in the day.

Its on that early so the Australians can see it at a decent time. Would be 9 PM in Sydney.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived