• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A Matchday 2 - 19/20 June - Russia 3-0 Egypt, Uruguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia

football forum

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

VAR working again :). Didn't even take that long. How did Warda not get booked though for telling the ref to go to VAR?

Great penalty from Salah.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

VAR working again :). Didn't even take that long. How did Warda not get booked though for telling the ref to go to VAR?

Great penalty from Salah.

Thought the same. I thought it was in the rules for the players not to do the VAR sign..? O.o

Some of this holding is scandalous... How can you have any faith in a system that allows some of the most blatant cheating going on under about 20 different cameras, VAR, and the officials and yet nothing is done, not even a caution 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Some of this holding is scandalous... How can you have any faith in a system that allows some of the most blatant cheating going on under about 20 different cameras, VAR, and the officials and yet nothing is done, not even a caution 

hmm on the whole I agree but that last one they checked, the Egypt player had as much of the Russia players shirt as the other way round. Correct decision to not give anything.

• Subscriber

I mean, the Saudis could beat Uruguay 2-0 tomorrow, then beat Egypt 11-0 while Russia lose 4-0 to Uruguay and allow them to go through with Saudi Arabia. Apparently the Saudis are the hipsters choice for this World Cup (isn't that right @SirBalon?) so that first game was probably a blip or even Russian match fixing.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I mean, the Saudis could beat Uruguay 2-0 tomorrow, then beat Egypt 11-0 while Russia lose 4-0 to Uruguay and allow them to go through with Saudi Arabia. Apparently the Saudis are the hipsters choice for this World Cup (isn't that right @SirBalon?) so that first game was probably a blip or even Russian match fixing.

Youre not wrong. They’re authentic hippies. 

Egypt ended the first half well but started the second poorly when Fatty scored the own goal and they didn't recover and conceded 2 more in quick succession. 

Expected better from them but they really do lack an attack. The creating and scoring of chances all seems dependant on Salah.

41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not yet :ph34r:.

it is  :P          russia have 6 points with an 8 goal haul.      saudi have zero points with a game against uruguay and egypt.    saudi is shit, we can only expect a draw with egypt and of course a big loss to uruguay.   so that leaves saudi with only 1 point.    egypt is dead like their pharoahs :P     uruguay, skin those goats ( saudi ) alive and a draw or maybe a win against the mader-land, it will give them first place.    so russia is safe to go thru via second place :P          

I dont really understand the Saudis, you look at their qualifying and they beat Japan and drew to the Aussies at home, lost both away games by one goal (2-1 and 3-2) so youd think theyd have something about them, but then they get to the world cup and look like a shambles every time. they must have one of the worst ever records at the world cup surely?

cant see today being any different, expect both cavani and suarez to score today.

Uruguay 4-0 Saudi Arabia

3 minutes ago, Paulh_85 said:

I dont really understand the Saudis, you look at their qualifying and they beat Japan and drew to the Aussies at home, lost both away games by one goal (2-1 and 3-2) so youd think theyd have something about them, but then they get to the world cup and look like a shambles every time. they must have one of the worst ever records at the world cup surely?

cant see today being any different, expect both cavani and suarez to score today.

Uruguay 4-0 Saudi Arabia

coz they think that they're better than anyone else.

2 hours ago, bozziovai said:

coz they think that they're better than anyone else.

Everbody thinks like that one way or another. Although i would say this thinking is present more strongly in Middle Eastern groups Persian,Arabs,Kurds they all hate each other and think they are better than others.

don’t think I have seen a poorer standard of crossing in a WC game. Egypt ran down the wings and completely wasted the ball. They have taken “get the ball past the first man” too seriously, overhited almost every cross.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not that they'll be missed, seeya in another 50 years chaps.

Surprise of the tournament for me thus far, but let's be honest, they will either get Portugal or Spain next round and get annihilated. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, I thought that when the commentator reminded me that we're talking about Group A and B here. Either Spain or Portugal will make short work of Russia, so they have to hope that one slips up and Iran/Morocco sneak through.

For the love of God I hope that doesn't happen. 

Uruguay play an ugly style, but I can see their height being a big difference. Not sure if it will be a smashing, but at the very least it will be a comfortable win.

• The title was changed to Group A Matchday 2 - 19/20 June - Russia 3-0 Egypt, Uruguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived