talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland

football forum

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I was on about 2015, strange how you had an almost exact repeat in 2016 though where Messi did in-fact miss his penalty.

The fact people are going on about Ronaldo already shows the over-desperation to prove a point. Portugal aren't even out of their group yet and they're acting like he's won them the tournament. Messi is measured by a higher barometer by everyone, in-particular the Ronaldo fanboys.

I'm not a Ronaldo 'fan boy', but CR has 4 goals in two games, 3 of which during the most exciting game during this WC, where we have seen Messi miss a PK and his team draw the smallest country in the WC and then get mauled by a good, but very beatable team. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i for one aren't celebrating yet of portugal's survival in the group stages, they still have to draw or win against iran in order for them to go thru.     and argentina isn't out yet mathematically.

my bad opinions about messi in this edition of the world cup comes from my frustration in not seeing him in his best.   it would break television records if argentina and portugal will meet somewhere in the quarters or semis or even in the finals.    messi was having a godly season with barcelona, they blew madrid's arse so far up that i was expecting the same level of performance from him with argentina.

Would be shocked if Portugal don't go through, and if Iceland win today, I would be more shocked if Argentina go through. 

Just now, Eco said:

Would be shocked if Portugal don't go through, and if Iceland win today, I would be more shocked if Argentina go through. 

Iran vs Portugal is going to be a class game I feel 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Iran vs Portugal is going to be a class game I feel 

Could be good - but the only way Portugal don't go through is for Iran to pull the shocker and win the game. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

if iceland wins that means nigeria will be out.     would they play their last game with pride and try to win it or just stand there like poles letting the argentines get easy goals ????

Just now, Eco said:

Could be good - but the only way Portugal don't go through is for Iran to pull the shocker and win the game. 

Won't be a shocker at all. They almost got something from Spain and only conceded through an unfortunate goal. And Spain are a better footballing side than Portugal. 

Just now, bozziovai said:

if iceland wins that means nigeria will be out.     would they play their last game with pride and try to win it or just stand there like poles letting the argentines get easy goals ????

I'm not sure this Argentina team have it in them to get a load of 'easy goals'. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Won't be a shocker at all. They almost got something from Spain and only conceded through an unfortunate goal. And Spain are a better footballing side than Portugal. 

An Iran team from what I remember were lucky as shit to get the win against Morocco after looking the worse side for the majority of the game and needing a late OG to secure the 3 points. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

An Iran team from what I remember were lucky as shit to get the win against Morocco after looking the worse side for the majority of the game and needing a late OG to secure the 3 points. 

The same Morocco that were unlucky against Portugal 

• Subscriber

That Iran team can actually play football and aren't scared to drop bodies on the line to defend. It would be stupid for Carlos to set them up defensively when this is the last game irrespective of who they are playing. Portugal are nothing in the midfield and can be over-run if you pressure them enough based on their last performance. I think they were unlucky not to get something against Spain but their ultra-defensive first half ruined it for them in the end.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

fack !! i just realized how contrasting these two teams are.        One pure white.   the other pure black.    the other from ice cold regions.   the other scorching hot.

that's racist on both sides and will not be tolerated.

Just now, Stan said:

that's racist on both sides and will not be tolerated.

no man.   i'm not being racist there.   just bcoz i used the term black and white doesn't mean i'm being racist.   like i said,  pure contrast from both teams.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

no man.   i'm not being racist there.   just bcoz i used the term black and white doesn't mean i'm being racist.   like i said,  pure contrast from both teams.

I'm kidding xD 

Just now, Stan said:

I'm kidding xD 

oh fack !! i forgot .. this is YOUR TEAM and YOUR NATION :P     too bad i can't break character, i need to be a Rusky till the end hahahaha.   but yeah, i want a good result from Nigeria ( any african nation )  :P 

• The title was changed to Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived