• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland

football forum

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

their manager used to be a dentist, or still is, as well!

Yea that's great and all but I don't go down the pub to be bored stiff talking about molars and braces... Zombie films however will get my attention and probably a free pint... 

Nigeria enjoying themselves today.. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Don't know why people see this 'giving Argentina a chance'....Nigeria will batter them.

Probably, but it at the very least keeps Argentina alive on paper. They need to win and hope Iceland don't.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Don't know why people see this 'giving Argentina a chance'....Nigeria will batter them.

At least we have a chance mate, besides we always beat Nigeria in the WC, although it's always difficult and i'm not saying that's 100% going to be the case, just a nice stat.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

The same Morocco that were unlucky against Portugal 

Who gave an open header within 5 minutes to the best goal scorer in European WC History. 

Just now, Berserker said:

At least we have a chance mate, besides we always beat Nigeria in the WC, although it's always difficult and i'm not saying that's 100% going to be the case, just a nice stat.

I would love it if you got through and had a good tournament, after all this but I don't see it.

Another Nigeria goal would help you, then you'd just need to win and win by more than Iceland to qualify. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I would love it if you got through and had a good tournament, after all this but I don't see it.

Another Nigeria goal would help you, then you'd just need to win and win by more than Iceland to qualify. 

Good, let's just hope we can turn things around.

Yeah, another goal would certainly help.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I never knew that... bet that is going to make for great conversation down the pub in later life... 

He also directed the video of Iceland's entry in Eurovision a few years back, and a Coca-Cola commercial for this World Cup, haha.

Just now, Blue said:

Probably, but it at the very least keeps Argentina alive on paper. They need to win and hope Iceland don't.

Also, historically Argentina always beat Nigeria. It´s incredible. Off the top of my head, I can remember them beating Nigeria in 1994, 2002, 2010, 2014. 

What´s the tie breaker if Argentina and Nigeria both finish with 4 points? Goal difference? If so, 2-1 Nigeria would be the best result for Argentina.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Who gave an open header within 5 minutes to the best goal scorer in European WC History. 

And was the better team against Portugal?  Why are you fliping your arguments? Your Ronaldo agenda is becoming more and more clear. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

Also, historically Argentina always beat Nigeria. It´s incredible. Off the top of my head, I can remember them beating Nigeria in 1994, 2002, 2010, 2014. 

What´s the tie breaker if Argentina and Nigeria both finish with 4 points? Goal difference? If so, 2-1 Nigeria would be the best result for Argentina.

Argentina and Nigeria can't both finish with 4, a draw would put Nigeria at 4 and Argentina at 2 xD

• The title was changed to Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived