talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland

football forum

Ages and ages and ages ago when the World Cup discussions first started, I said Croatia would be dark horses. How can you not be with a midfield like that.

Not intentionally calling anyone out here, but one certain person who comes from Peru and who loves Peru, said Croatia were poor and dismissed my claim.

Today is a good day.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Ur a big CR7 fan?

No not really, was just pissing about for a laugh about him as I have no real interest in the World cup.  Ronaldo does do wonders though for Portugal its all built around him.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Argentina are like that team you create on Football Manager with loads of good players but they can't win a game for shit because there's no cohesion or connection between them. 

That was a round about way of saying they're like me playing Football Manager.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Ages and ages and ages ago when the World Cup discussions first started, I said Croatia would be dark horses. How can you not be with a midfield like that.

Not intentionally calling anyone out here, but one certain person who comes from Peru and who loves Peru, said Croatia were poor and dismissed my claim.

Today is a good day.

He also dismissed my claim on the day of the opener that Croatia were far from shit. 😂

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

He also dismissed my claim on the day of the opener that Croatia were far from shit. 😂

To be fair I said Brazil would roll them over and I stand by that claim. Argentina are terrible. Brazil aren't.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

To be fair I said Brazil would roll them over and I stand by that claim. Argentina are terrible. Brazil aren't.

The same Brazil that smashed Switzerland in their opener? Oh wait, they didnt. 

Just now, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

The same Brazil that smashed Switzerland in their opener? Oh wait, they didnt. 

Brazil could smash this Croatia team. I saw a good individual performance from them tonight, but not a team/unit performance nor a tactical one. That will be their let down for me. I can see Iceland doing them again.

Just now, Blue said:

Brazil could smash this Croatia team. I saw a good individual performance from them tonight, but not a team/unit performance nor a tactical one. That will be their let down for me. I can see Iceland doing them again.

But they couldn't smash a lesser team in Switzerland? 

You seriously underestimate this Croatian midfield. 

Just now, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

But they couldn't smash a lesser team in Switzerland? 

You seriously underestimate this Croatian midfield. 

I don't underestimate their midfield. Actually I've been saying for ages that the Croatia squad is better than Argentina, but they always let me down and I've given up on them. Today they played well but it was against a dysfunctional Argentina. I want to see them against an organized team before saying they are actually good or a bad side.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Lol are you watching the same World Cup as the rest of us?

• Subscriber

I'm not surprised in the slightest that Croatia won as they are, quite simply, a comfortably better side than Argentina in just about every department.

I only saw the second half but it was hilarious. Argentina are, yet again, unbelievably disorganised for a supposed top side. Messi's extremely unlucky in my eyes. Just look at the state of that side now. People banging on about their attacking options but where are they? Sampaoli is an absolute fraud. Dybala not ever starting, Icardi not in the squad, bang average players throughout their side. That people hold it against Messi for not carrying this side which for me is no better than Peru without him to winning a World Cup is laughable.

Croatia excellent. They've been the best side in the tournament for me so far. They're strong in every position and I think they'll go far. 

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm not surprised in the slightest that Croatia won as they are, quite simply, a comfortably better side than Argentina in just about every department.

I only saw the second half but it was hilarious. Argentina are, yet again, unbelievably disorganised for a supposed top side. Messi's extremely unlucky in my eyes. Just look at the state of that side now. People banging on about their attacking options but where are they? Sampaoli is an absolute fraud. Dybala not ever starting, Icardi not in the squad, bang average players throughout their side. That people hold it against Messi for not carrying this side which for me is no better than Peru without him to winning a World Cup is laughable.

Croatia excellent. They've been the best side in the tournament for me so far. They're strong in every position and I think they'll go far. 

To be fair, Sampaoli was right in not calling up Icardi. I agree with everything else though, he's having his worst moment of his career.

Not to do a Ronaldo Messi comparison, but Ronaldo is a leader. Messi is not.

Never has been. Has always been uncomfortable with the mantle of leadership.

"Portugal is trash. If CR7 was from Argentina he would have won the world cup by now".

I disagree that Portugal is "trash". They have shown they're not. You don't get to be Champions of Europe on French soil by being trash.

I wonder if any part of Messi regrets not playing for Spain? God knows he may very well have.He would surely have 2 Euros and maybe 2 World Cups to his name?  I know he loves Argentina but the World Cup is the ultimate prize any footballer can win.

Even if Argentina do someway somehow qualify for the knockout stages, no way no how do they win the whole thing. Kinda a pity of unrealized potential, given the sheer amount of talent at their disposal. Probably second only to France/Brazil. 

IF Messi someway somehow does drag this pathetic Argentina kicking and screaming to the Final and wins it..........................then it's a case of case closed he really is the (BOAT) best of all time, out-Maradonaing Maradona himself.

Good thing there's a third game. The games are still there to be played  :D:D:D The most amazing thing about this is that Argentina are technically still alive. Similar to the predicament they found themselves in the qualifiers.

If they do manage to qualify for the next round, if that doesn't light a fire under them and galvanize them to win it all, nothing will.

Stranger things have happened! Let's wait and see what the football gods have in store!!!

• The title was changed to Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived