talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Profitable online jobs

football forum

I was wondering if any of you ever worked online, jobs like teaching English online, creating web pages etc any job that can actually generate profit without the endless Internet scams?

Share the experience if you have please ^_^, also can we keep this a serious topic cheers.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no experience with this. I do know a few people that have capitalised on the digital disruption through the internet though. For example making money renting out a spare room via airBnB and/or minding dogs for people who go on holidays... 5 dogs x $30 a day  can be a decent side stream income for a house wife who has kids to look after...

I have no experience with this. I do know a few people that have capitalised on the digital disruption through the internet though. For example making money renting out a spare room via airBnB and/or minding dogs for people who go on holidays... 5 dogs x $30 a day  can be a decent side stream income for a house wife who has kids to look after...

• Subscriber

I've been working remotely full-time for the last 4 years, and had taken various part-time projects at least for 10 years before that. The biggest disadvantage of working online is the fact that most of those jobs are basically short-time projects, so there's a lot of uncertainty and you have to be flexible and proactive to land yourself more projects on a regular basis, if you want it to be your main source of income. I've been lucky as one of such projects ended up becoming a full-time job; it's definitely possible, but you need a lot of patience, perseverance, and also luck.

What are you looking for, precisely? Something to replace a full-time job, or just an additional source of pocket money? Are you interested in getting a sort of a "traditional" job, are you looking into starting an online business, or  something to generate you passive income without much effort? What are your skills? Are you good with your time management, do you have enough self-discipline to work effectively from home without being supervised? 

Regardless of what your answers are, the main thing I'd advise anyone looking into it, is make sure you have enough savings to last you comfortably for a few months at least, as it most likely is going to take some time until you start generating a decent stream of income. Also, consider other things such as paying taxes, health insurance, pension funds, etc. 

It has it's pros and cons, but it's definitely possible.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, True Blue said:

What is your current job that got you to this point? That you started as a project but became a full time job?

Research and database upkeep, mostly. Prior to that, I did a lot of various research projects as well as translation, subtitling and transcription jobs; in my experience, those were the ones that were relatively easy to find and were decently paid. 

Just now, nudge said:

Research and database upkeep, mostly. Prior to that, I did a lot of various research projects as well as translation, subtitling and transcription jobs; in my experience, those were the ones that were relatively easy to find and were decently paid. 

Could you link to any of those (translation, subtitling and transcription jobs) that are worth awhile, meaning that are not scams. You can do it via pm's so we don't spam around in the thread :)

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Could you link to any of those (translation, subtitling and transcription jobs) that are worth awhile, meaning that are not scams. You can do it via pm's so we don't spam around in the thread :)

Sent you a PM :) 

11 hours ago, nudge said:

What are your skills? Are you good with your time management, do you have enough self-discipline to work effectively from home without being supervised? 

It has it's pros and cons, but it's definitely possible.

I echo this @True Blue

Probably one of the most important things to consider before launching into something... I think that for some the option to try and create income from home or online can seem like an easy route but if you are to try and make a serious go of something then the time management and discipline is where you need to start. 

Be honest with yourself because there is a world of difference between doing work in a 9-5 window for example where the environment is supportive of the work compared to the more laid back approach that working from home/online can bring. It can be far too tempting to walk away or keep taking breaks from what you are doing and then lose focus if what you are doing is deadline driven. 

Depending on how much income you might ideally like to make from it will dictate the focus and effort required, that's assuming that you can find something that fits within your skill set of course. There is probably a lot of stuff out there that may not appeal to you.

19 hours ago, Stan said:

i do a lot of stuff online which I very much enjoy. quite regularly in the week.

sadly I don't get paid for it.

:ph34r: 

The tf365 donations don't go that far then :D

Archived